Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Amaluments clause says what up

2. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

IMG_20200606_184401.jpg

3. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

IMG_20200613_185029.png

4. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

IMG_20200613_185025.jpg

5. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

IMG_20200613_185253.jpg

6. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

IMG_20200613_185157.jpg

7. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

20200614_075808.jpg
    No one should die because they got drunk and went to Wendy's or any in the long list of police killings. De-fund them it can't be any worse than what we have now.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  8. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

9. The Dark King

Is it? I thought it was a depiction of how every community eats off our backs

10. The Dark King

11. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Follow-up clip from Friday night:

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

How do you make them for being Jewish?

Just look like "white" guys to me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

In theory. ;)

14. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

You're certainly entitled to your opinion however I don't see it that way at all.

This country and it's many communities was built off the backs of people who were enslaved among many others who became the burden bearers of mainstream society while only a select few were allowed to be known as wealthy.

We've fallen for their tricks of diversion and misdirection while we continue to bicker amongst one another in the past, but we're totally hip to them now.

15. andreboba

Who is 'they'??

It's a common anti-semetic trope that Jews secretly control the world and are responsible for global exploitation and oppression.

All I'm saying is be aware of the imagery in some of these memes because anti-semetic conspiracy theorists try to slip that shit into legitimate political and cultural messages.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Are you serious? The only thing being controlled in the pic is niggas.

[​IMG]

17. andreboba

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...isemitism-open-your-eyes-jeremy-corbyn-labour

[​IMG]

This article is more than 2 years old
    If you can’t see antisemitism, it’s time to open your eyes
    Michael Segalov
    This article is more than 2 years old
    Jeremy Corbyn isn’t alone – everyone in the Labour party should have recognised how offensive that mural was

[​IMG]
    ‘There is more than a visual connection in this mural to antisemitism – the messaging is full-blown Nazi.’ Photograph: Mike Kemp/Corbis via Getty Images
    Published on Wed 28 Mar 2018 10.04 EDT

"Some forms of antisemitism are self-evident in their manifestation: neo-Nazis wielding swastikas, denial of the Holocaust, vile sentiments known as the “blood libel”, which suggest that Jews harvest the blood of Christians with which to celebrate religious festivals year on year. Most of us would recognise these as bigoted and hateful, an attack on a community that has for centuries experienced prejudice across the world.

In the days that have followed Jeremy Corbyn’s offensive Facebook post coming to public attention, there has been outrage from what appear to be two distinct camps. Some Labour members are deeply troubled by the situation, while others argue ignorantly that the Labour leader has done nothing wrong.
    What has become obvious in the past few days, however, is that many simply do not understand the content of this mural and why it is so deeply offensive – this is a more subtle antisemitic sentiment, which takes contextualising to understand.

First, make sure to actually look at the mural. Don’t take a fleeting glance as you prepare to tweet your outrage, but pause for a moment and take it all in. Sitting around a table is a group of rotund men: one has a full beard, and is counting money. That, in and of itself, is an antisemitic symbol.

It’s not just the big, hookednoses and evil expressions that make this iconography offensive and troubling, these depictions mirror antisemitic propaganda used by Hitler and the Nazis to whip up hatred that led to the massacre of millions of Jews. This extends to the table these figures are sat at, resting on human bodies, as the Nazis also depicted.

Context here is also important. If you haven’t yet, then research The Protocols of the Elders of Zion. An entirely fabricated text printed first in Russia during the early 1900s, it purports to document a meeting of Jewish leaders setting out plans to take over the world by controlling the media and press, and fostering religious conflict to subjugate non-Jews across the globe.

During the 1920s and 1930s the Protocols were a key element of the Nazi propaganda programme – at least 23 editions were published by the party in the two decades that preceded the outbreak of the second world war in 1939. The domination of the world by hooknosed men wielding power and money? There is more than a visual connection in this mural to antisemitism – the messaging is full-blown Nazi too.

In other contexts Illuminati conspiracies are light-hearted and funny: it’s not antisemitic to joke that Kanye West and Taylor Swift are part of a secret, triangle-based plot to conquer the world. But the employment of an Eye of Providence symbol (often associated with the Illuminati and Freemasonry) in the offending mural is clearly antisemitic. Racist conspiracy theorists also long claimed that Jews are in control of the Freemason network – think the Rothschilds and George Soros. That is antisemitism too."

I'm not going to repost the entire article. If you're interested you can click the link.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. The Dark King

Or maybe if your thinking is so conditioned to see a group of men running things to equal Jewish men it not be the image but your conditioning. I saw the same pic and thought white men. Jewish men in particular didn't even enter my mind

19. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

The attempt is to relate jewishness to whiteness and old stereotypes of european jewish features. It’s an argument I’ve had previously where this same person tried to convince me (a black man with a jewish mother raised in judaism), that jewish people were white. Just ignore the guy and keep it moving. I have him on ignore for similar reasons. This is one reason why so many non-white jewish people leave the communities. But, that’s another story. It isn’t nazi propaganda nor is it anti-semetic. If that is where his mind went, he has deeper issues. And based on my previous experiences with him, he does, which is why he is on ignore.

20. andreboba

Well I'm glad to know you're totally unfamiliar with anti-semitic stereotypes or imagery.

Others have viewed that mural differently, which is why it was taken down.
    LOL. You remind me of someone arguing what's the big deal about a noose left behind on someone''s door because all they see is a piece of rope.

If you're generally aware of world history, you know certain symbols and imagery and what they're intended to convey.

The message of the meme is fine, the way it's depicted is not.