Covid-19 Central

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Madeleine, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

I don’t want to get into that kind of discussion but I know of several churches and ministries which are helping in the Corona crisis. For instance Samaritan’s Purse (Franklin
    Graham) has several mobile hospitals in Italy and New York.

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

What kind of discussion?

I'm only talking facts not beliefs. According to the post, those bone heads didn't help.

Either that's true or false for each one of them.

3. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

I may have mentioned in the past, but many years ago I was dating a young lady who was a member at a startup church. She asked me to attend which I did and it was immediately clear to me that the pastor and his wife were using this to build their wealth. They had all of these smaller ministries of volunteers, and they had asked me and some other to work on the technology ministry. I heard all kinds of stuff from this dude, and while I can't deny his religious aspirations... It was clear each time that his goal of getting wealthy was his priority, and this church would be the means of reaching his goal. One day I mentioned to one of the deacons about this shady pastor, and this dude says... "Well, brother ______, don't worry about what the pastor may or may not be doing. It's most important that you do your part" What was my part? Attending, joining, tithing (and... offering) and working in the church. I never joined, but the kiss of death for me and the young lady was me referring to the pastor as a crook. I mentioned to her that the pastor (who was IT by trade) had specifically asked us to get software from our jobs, which is illegal, but she was too far gone.

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I know what you mean by too far gone.

You dodged a heck of a bullet there.

5. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

Franklin Graham is not pictured on that picture. There are a lot of the usual money grubbers on there though.

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

We up to 33 black pastors dead now. Just facts.

"ABC News identified at least 33 African American bishops, reverends and pastors who led various denominations around the country who have died from the coronavirus, according to an analysis of news reports.".

'Sorrowful': Black clergy members and churches reeling from COVID-19 losses
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/sorrowful...oxOHorLkHvSVftpzThas8XJpc5kLhjKGDbyvZ2MeDs-ws

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

You see Loki, even though four policemen have been fired, it is STILL a basic civil right to protest. That was my point.

[​IMG]

So now that all these upset
    people in Minneapolis who ignored "social distancing"
    and 'flattening the curve' by leaving their homes to come out to protest the death of a man at the hands of a police officer, what do we take from this act of civil activity?

Are we going to call these people 'selfish" and 'wanting others to die' just because they wanted to physically protest in person, the murder of a man?

I'm sure there are people that will insist they should have just stayed home. I'm sure there are some people that will call them "covidiots".

And then there are some that completely understand why these people would protest for George Floyd in the face of unconstitutional orders.

11. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Capture+_2020-05-27-10-36-45(1).jpg

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I think people getting a little too comfortable now. Not me I just cracked open my third bottle of elderberry. Also I'm used to the taste of the black seed oil now so I'll just keep taking that when this is over.

13. K

K Well-Known Member

We're moving into stage 3. So far, 56 deaths in Sacramento County. People are anxious and have had enough. Many think we may have had it come through here in Jan/Feb. Tons of people I know were very sick back then. Saying they had never been sicker, many went to the hospital. I think shutting down the bay (and people respecting the shut down) made a HUGE difference for us. So many from here commute to the bay it could have been so much worse.

I understand all the different perspectives. It does become, at what point is it ok? Every few days they have changed the conversation. I really think the chaos of schooling and the pressure from churches is pushing things forward but then on the other hand, our numbers are low and holding steady.

People are already upset saying they lost so much when it wasn't warranted and it was a bunch of hype that wasn't backed in science (for our state). I have to wonder if/when we get another wave if people will respect orders. I doubt it because the attitude is - we've been shut down 2-1/2 months and nothing they said was going to happen has, why listen?!

Regarding schools....there's a HUGE rush towards homeschooling. Real homeschooling, which is very different from "crisis homeschooling". We had a lottery of 877 for 82 spots in just one of our 5 schools, the 2-3 others that had open enrollment also went to lotterly with similar numbers. Daily people are contacting me asking not realizing that there are no spaces.

Comments about children missing out on learning and socialization from not being in a classroom for months are not well-founded. If parents take full responsibility for raising their children, education and socialization are a part of that. The idea of putting a bunch of germ magnets in small places together is not wise.

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Some of my associates think that we already had it back in december. One of them said that he was the sickest that he has ever been and that he stayed away from us in January. I don't remember that. I thought he was still around us in January. Another one of them that thinks we all had it said that he had symptoms of a cold. Another said he was really sick with a bad cough worse cough ever. The other guy didn't elaborate but you can tell that either he already came to that conclusion before they even said something to me or he just not concerned about it at all.

They think I had it too. I wasn't sick at all. All I remember was having the chills only for one night in february. It was weird but not alarming at all. So they all acting like everything is normal and I'm keeping my distance because I'm not convinced that I was sick. I wouldn't mind an antibody test tho. It's just strange that in their minds we all had the covid 19 already and I'm the only one still social distancing.

15. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

You should take the test and find out. Lots of people in different states mostly Ca and FL think they had it months ago. I def did not. I was not sick once this past winter.

16. Madeleine

My mum’s friend in Florida says she had the worst “flu” of her life in January. With a dry couch that lasted for 6 weeks and just really bad overall condition. So yes, I think this has been around for longer than they make you think but I wouldn’t NOT social distance until it’s confirmed I had it. There are still normal colds and flus around, it doesn’t mean anyone who has symptoms last winter had Covid 19 so I wouldn’t take the chance.

17. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

I was dead the whole month of February after being on a plane. I had not one, but TWO flus back to back, which has never happened before. Literally a two-week flu followed by another. But I think if it had been COVID-19, my symptoms would have been way more severe. Managing to dodge the 'Rona so far.

18. Madeleine

Could or could not have been Corona. Lots of people don’t get terribly ill from the virus. Are you able to do an antibody test there?
    I had the flu February 2018. Took me at least two weeks to really feel myself again. Real flu is a whole different to common cold. No joke.

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

That's crazy as hell man. Last time I had the flu was years ago but it was that great lakes killer shit. Took me down hard for 5 straight days.

But damn the first one had you down for two weeks?? I never been sick that long.

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I think I'm going to get tested before everyone stops wearing masks so I will have an idea of what I'm working with. It's good to know so I can gauge how to arm the little soldiers. Just keeping them strong is a little different than keeping them armed and aggressive.