Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

If yall don't have a supply of masks and hand sanitizer, start buying them online. This shit is not going to be over IMO for at least another year.

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Still sanitizing my hands with rum. You must be accounting for a second wave. If we don't have a second wave, no way it lasts that long.

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I think we have better habits now I don't think the second wave will be as damaging

4. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, disinfectant/alcohol wipes, anti-bacterial hand soap, bleach, & alcohol seems to be easy to get especially if you're internet shopping savvy.

The only thing that seems to be difficult to get is disinfectant spray.

Co-sign. The only possible way I can see it be as damaging is if the virus mutates into a more deadlier form.

5. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

No way it lasts that long. It'll die out over the summer (the virus can't live in the heat) and IF we have a second wave, it won't last nearly as long. This whole thing will be over by the end of the summer, though they'll likely force us to wear masks for several months, maybe until the end of this year, which is ridiculous. I'm already so over the mask thing. Having to wear them at my 2nd job for hours, especially now the weather is getting warmer is starting to affect me. It's VERY warm. My FT job has already stated we won't start to phase in coming back to the office before the end of summer, which is also ridiculous, but I am enjoying my "commute". LOL.

Kids need to get back to school. Another year means the kids lose so much in their education and socialization not being able to go back to physical school.

And people NEED to get back to work.

Last edited: May 29, 2020
  6. The Dark King

When did you get your MD? Or maybe a PhD in virology? biology? Immunology?
    Nope none of those?
    This virus is brand spanking new it was discovered in November of 2019 you have no clue if it lives in heat. Why are numbers spiking in areas like Brazil hell even the south?
    Is it one of those things unless someone you know gets really sick or drops dead you won't believe it?

7. Bookworm616

And you're the expert?? You don't think they're doing tests upon tests in the lab to discover its strengths and weaknesses??

I was going by this: https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2020/04/23/lab-study-coronavirus-summer-weather/

"The results, which have not been peer reviewed but were briefed to the press and on live television via slides, largely match other laboratory studies and the suspicions of some researchers by showing that the novel coronavirus, like many other viruses, does not survive as long on certain surfaces and in the air when exposed to high amounts of ultraviolet light and warm and humid conditions."

Not peer-reviewed yet, but those results are encouraging. Why do you think the flu and the common cold are LESS common in the warmer months?

8. The Dark King

I have no clue nor I pretend to. I've got a whole urgent care worth of medical staff in my family and no one has made that leap even though numbers are lessening they all attribute it to distancing and hand washing.
    I'm not saying you're wrong I just the data to sufficiently back it up as cases are climbing in warm parts of the country and in warm countries like Brazil.

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

You ever had the flu before and how did you beat it?

10. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

On the coasts, yeah. But if there's a second wave, I think it ravages the midwest and southern states. Many of them still believe COVID19 is no worse than the common cold and they don't have the medical resources to battle another outbreak.
    Hope I'm wrong.

11. Bookworm616

What does this have to do with my annoyance with wearing a mask?

I can be annoyed and fed up with doing something but "comply".

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

It shows why you might not get it. If you have been debilitated before and had to survive a disease that causes similar symptoms you would likely have a different perspective.

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Also annoyed and fed up isn't the same thing as flat out calling something ridiculous. I can be annoyed and not see the process as being ridiculous, because I know that it's not.

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

If you never had a similar disease and you get Covid, you are in for one hell of a ride. Good luck

15. Bookworm616

A few years ago, my now 84 year old Dad nearly died in the hospital from pneumonia. It was so bad, his doctor told him if he gets pneumonia again, that's it. He's extremely high risk. My 84 year old Mom has Type II Diabetes. She's high risk, but she wasn't a smoker like my Dad and seems to be pretty healthy otherwise. My sister has rheumatoid arthritis and developed asthma. She's extremely high risk. My brother's fiancee is a nurse who works in a rehab facility for older patients. They were forced to take COVID patients and she's worked with several COVID patients. They lacked proper PPE for a long time. She's been tested twice but thankfully hasn't contracted it. I rarely visit my parents and when I do, it's usually me on the porch and them talking to me through the door. I've stayed away from my sister. I work at retail and I know that I could be a carrier, so I'm careful around my vulnerable loved ones.

We know how to protect the vulnerable in our family. We don't expect anyone else to protect them.

I am capable of being subjective when it comes to my family, but being objective when it comes to society at large. It's time for the vulnerable to protect themselves, as a good 80% of people who contract it never develop symptoms or develop mild symptoms. The vulnerable can continue wearing masks in public. The vulnerable can continue to shelter-in-place and order their groceries, etc online for delivery. There is nothing stopping them from continuing to practice social distancing and wearing masks. But, let the rest of us get on with our lives and our jobs. I'd really love to get my full salary back.

That's the difference between you and me - the use of the word "ridiculous". But, regardless, you're splitting hairs.

16. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

IMG_20200529_113144.jpg

17. The Dark King

If you think it's just the old and already sick getting it you aren't paying attention and the reason why we have more cases and deaths than everyone else. The inability to logically read data and listen to experts in their God damn fields. Your logic has a shit ton of holes like the idea 20 percent of the population getting severely sick is acceptable for one it clogs our medical system to the point no one can get help for other illnesses like cancer car accidents etc
    It destroys our economy even further we are a service based economy so you eliminate a shit ton of activity if we can reduce cases and do effective contact tracing. And if you're worried about salary the focus should be on elected officials who would not and still don't support a paycheck protection program where everyone gets 80 percent of their salary if they're forced to be home. We clearly have the money we can stop giving it away to rich people.

18. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

You remember that infamous Trump coronavirus presser where the media completely exaggerated & made a big fake news controversy about Trump telling people to inject bleach? In that presser, they had a dude from Homeland Security explaining that sunlight (especially in the summertime), UV lights, bleach, & alcohol kills the virus. Dude had charts out too.

I'll pull up the clip (Skip to the 19:45 mark):

After the presser, the media was too busy making a big deal about Trump's questions about using bleach & UV light inside the body, so if you didn't watch that presser you probably missed the news about how sunlight & UV rays kills the virus.

19. Bookworm616

When did I say that?

And yeah, I'm good without a paycheck protection plan. I'm anti-high taxes.

20. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

IMG_20200529_175906.jpg