Covid-19 Central

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Madeleine, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Stay safe and stay well!
    My husband had symptoms last week and got tested, thankfully he’s negative and feeling better.

2. Madeleine

:)
    I’m about to x some people on Facebook as well because they are turning out to be crazy Corona denying, vaccination conspiracists mixed up with some fears of 5G and chip implants and what not. The crazy is going out of hands. Until someone they know dies of Corona. Everyone showing their true colours these days.

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Here black people associate chip implants with the "mark of the beast."

I may request to have 666 on my national ID to scare away the spooked out people.

All of that stuff is tiring and old. All of the conspiracy and spooked out shit.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

Do it and come back and tell us all about it.

5. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that it is actually supposed to be 616. You might as well put both so that you can harness the satanic power of all of the youtube conspiracy theorists (and all of the wack jobs that watch those triangle videos), lol.

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

lol

I will if they let me.

I also walk in the paths that are crossed by black cats, break mirrors, wear white after labor day and split poles. People think that's bad luck.

It's 2020 and I'm black in America, who cares about luck.......lol.

I'm here to play that role. Say hi to the bad guy.

I also live on a planet where morons put eating bats above life, health and safety. Who cares about a place called hell? Any fair judge would say time served.

If he isn't fair then why should I try to win his favor to begin with?

Either way I'm fucked so lets PARTY!

LOL

7. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

8. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

THIS is my problem with the statistics and my main reason I say the death rate is grossly misrepresented. Your statistic only covers confirmed cases (I would imagine confirmed means they tested positive for it). What about all of the people who suffered no or mild symptoms? The ones who recovered at home and never got tested? If you include all of those people, the death rate becomes much much lower.

The bolded statement is fear-mongering at its highest level. Just stop. The mortality rate is so much lower because they can't count the ones who never received treatment in a hospital and/or were never tested and/or were infected but never had any symptoms.

This is my problem with statistics in general - they can be manipulated to fit the person's narrative.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  10. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Not knowing the true numbers works both ways. We don't know how many deaths were due to COVID-19 that weren't counted or were contributed to something else.

This article breaks it down....... https://www.ft.com/content/6bd88b7d-3386-4543-b2e9-0d5c6fac846c

The article basically says that the overall death rates are historically higher in many countries and that the true COVID-19 deaths could be 60% higher than the official numbers.

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

12. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Of course the numbers are going to change. The numbers are going to change like crazy until it all gets sorted out. The numbers will never be accurate, unfortunately.

But, all anyone is talking about are the deaths. What about the hundreds of thousands of people who recovered? Let's concentrate on THAT.

13. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

What type of busybody shit is this? Smh

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Let someone yell in my face like that, especially with this disease out there. I'm your huckleberry.
    [​IMG]

15. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

I’m usually a pretty laid back dude but that’s a smooth way to get your nose broken.

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

You waaaay nicer than me

17. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

19. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

20. Madeleine

My husband lamented for about 20 minutes about how awful that test is when he came back...how the nurse went into both his nostrils and almost stabbed his brain and then turned the swab around like a screwdriver until tears started coming. And when she was done puncturing his brain through the nose she went into the throat as well. Before he used to criticise they haven’t been testing health care workers regularly like in South Korea, after I didn’t hear any complain of that again. Doctors are the worst patients. No, in all honesty I’m sure it’s awful. But if I had to I’d take it.