Covid-19 Central

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Madeleine, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Nobody said testing is perfect, reaching every single person will be difficult that's true, but one of the best defenses against an outbreak is getting a picture of how wide spread it is. Testing also allows for tracking which can help predict hot spot flare ups and it can help predict were resources should be allocated.

2. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

This virus and pandemic does not care about civil liberties and silly conspiracy theories about government taking over. Extreme measures while painful are necessary todefeat this virus because people are stupid, look at Florida, and this virus can easily come back bigger, more deadly and stronger than before. If these extreme measures are lifted too soon.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

What do you mean, "Look at Florida"? Why are you singling out Florida??

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Have you been tested? If not, why not?

5. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I haven't, because until test are more readily available my medical insurance won't pay for them.

6. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

7. K

K Well-Known Member

IDK about elsewhere, but we can't just go get tested right now. My daughter is a type I diabetic with asthma and she had symptoms and they didn't test her in the ER when she was there. It's not like you can just go get tested.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  8. K

K Well-Known Member

On a good note - my son was notified that he was able to go in and get his script (Plaquenil aka hydrox choloroquin). Unfortunately, it was only for 2 weeks worth. Hopefully, more next week.

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

You might want to try again.
    All covid-19 tests are now covered by insurance companies (CEOs of major insurance companies, including Anthem, Cigna, Humana, and Aetna all met with the WH)

For the uninsured, the Government will pay. It was mandated last month under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act.

Also, the White House mandated that insurance companies can NOT surprise bill any patient getting treatment related to the virus. And the insurance company signed off on it.

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Outbreaks, unless it leads to deaths, are happening all over the United States.
    So far, Florida doesn't even have a thousand deaths, which is surprising when you consider the high number of elderly and retired people living in Florida.

I'm still not sure why the beaches were completely closed.
    Hot sunlight, and it's UV Rays are kryptonite to viruses... I've said it before, I just don't see that virus hovering around by the ocean.

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

BTW, @Thump, even though you always attempt to counter me by wildly inflating phantom numbers of prospective deaths, I told you that if your numbers are to be believed, then millions would be dropping dead at this point.
    The virus has been here for months already. In fact they're saying as far back as November. Huge numbers of people have had this virus already and are perfectly fine today. No masks, no "social, distancing" no "sheltering in place" or "stay home stay safe" ...

Santa Clara County has had 50 to 85 times more cases than we knew about, Stanford estimates

In a startling finding, new Stanford research reveals between 48,000 and 81,000 people in Santa Clara County alone may already have been infected by the coronavirus by early April — that’s 50 to 85 times more than the number of official cases at that date.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/04...county-residents-infected-stanford-estimates/

12. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

outbreaks do continue to happen we agree on that which is why we still need social distancing, the virus does not hang out anywhere on its own, it needs people to spread.

and sunlight does not kill corona virus https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/03/30/fact-check-sunlight-does-not-kill-new-coronavirus/2931170001/

13. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Your guy is in charge it his administration his executive branch so is it Trump inflating the numbers? Either he's doing a good job or its a hoax you can't have it both ways

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Maybe

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

This doctor's civil liberties were thrown out the window... Can you believe what this has come to?

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

That situation was just plain old evil racism and profiling nothing to do with civil liberties, a bad cop who needs to face disciplinary consequences

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Evil racism dressed up as what, though Loki..

Can anyone protest what happened? Can they go to City Hall to protest?

On leftist ABC, a poll noted 80% of Americans said "we should all stay home".

People have and will(fully) employ cognitive dissonance because... this man didn't stay home. It doesn't matter what altruistic motive he had, he was "absolutely breaking a law". End of. Yup.

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

My very liberal City has a hotline number to report anyone OUTSIDE (in the fresh air) who is not wearing a face mask.

In fact, it is now considered "An act of aggression" if you venture outside without a mask. (wow)

Please understand that Philadelphia Police Department have orders from the District Attorney to no longer arrest people for crimes deemed "non-violent" during the pandemic. (Which includes shoplifting, theft, burglary, stalking and carjacking)
    In fact many police will just not show up.

But this?
    No, it will bring out several cops.

His "crime"?
    A couple of weeks ago, before there was even a rule or law to wear a mask, SEPTA instituted a mask-wearing policy, the previous night. Nobody was aware of the policy, so when this gentleman boarded the bus... This is what happened to him next..

19. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

20. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I don’t believe in the white deities or anything, so, I don’t believe it is a gift from Humperdoo or anything. But, it is pretty wild how things are unfolding.