Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

IMG_20200413_190613.jpg

3. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

IMG_20200404_133546.jpg

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

C'mon Barack, endorse already.

He had been on the phone with Bernie repeatedly talking him out of the race, for as he put it, he (Barack) "needed to “accelerate the endgame” .

Wonder what gifts Bernie was promised this time.

5. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

7. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

IMG_20190515_214906.jpg

8. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

IMG_20200418_064727.jpg

9. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

IMG_20200417_114300.jpg

10. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

IMG_20200417_114316.jpg

11. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Yup! All of the pro-life/family values bullshit, and now that profits and dividend payments have taken a hit... The true colors showing vividly.

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Only two positions make sense to me:

Either you want to ban all guns or you want to leave things the way they are now. Selective banning has no data to back up the argument. So it's simply emotionally driven.

13. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

How about putting the same controls on guns that we have on our cars?? That's all gun control advocates are really fighting for, excluding a ban on assault weapons.

Most pro 2nd Amendment activists don't want any restrictions on gun ownership at all, which to me is insane.

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I agreed with most of what they did in Virginia except for banning Ar-15's.

People who want to ban those are just ignorant about guns and they think that type of ignorance is ok.

Viruses only kill and were made for only that purpose and I still learn about them because ignorance is never an excuse. Unlike guns they actually have no good function.

Kinda like refusing to learn about the black market economy because it's illegal. It's still very real and it's power is felt across the general "legal" economy.

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

That shotgun is by far more deadly. The only reason that it's not primary carry for the military is because the bullets are heavy and have limited accuracy also the recoil sucks after a while.

Within 35 yards the shotgun rains terror. It's made for trench warfare and scares the shit out of people that knows what it can do.

16. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

It's been a rainbow coalition of true colors that have been shown since the oathbreaker-in-chief has been elected.

America's chickens are coming home to roost so before we all truly move forward we have to address the previously swept under the rug sins of the past.

17. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

No one wants or needs all guns banned nor do we want to live in a country where only the police and military are allowed to have them because that's just tyranny or living in a police state.

Comprehensive gun control legislation makes the most sense to me. Flat-out.

Although it'll NEVER happen. Not here at least.

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I agree with the bolded but Europeans seem happy so that works for some people. Also the gun control crowd usually uses them for an example even though it's a false example because they don't want to ban all guns.

I would go with:

Federal level background checks.
    Controls to prevent the mentally ill from getting them while building up the mental health system.
    No federal registration
    Controls to prevent people from trying to get around the specific laws of their own state.

I would leave the rest to the state. Actually the states are free to make more strict laws now and some do. Let them make their own laws while the fed backs them up.

I'm ok with what Virgina did except the banning Ar-15's, but I don't live there so no fucks given

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

This awesome 'trench broom' terrified Germans in both World Wars

"A single weapon used predominantly in World War I and with a limited deployment in World War II was so effective and so terrifying that Germany lodged a diplomatic protest against its use by American forces. It wasn't the flamethrower or the machine gun. It was shotguns, especially the Winchester Models 1897 and 1912."
    https://www.wearethemighty.com/articles/this-awesome-trench-gun-terrified-germans-in-both-world-wars

I know. I know, it's more fun to be ignorant and cling to beliefs that have been debunked

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Just believe what you want and pretend it's true. Planet full of 6 year olds.