The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Marvel's Spiderman Joins Playstation Now

2. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

3. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I read about all of this a few months ago. Not going to lie, I'm disappointed. Though, not surprised.

Also, here's an interview with him. It was done right after he retired. He was always corney, but dude sounds desponded af on this podcast. I wonder if all he'd seen (that girl's death) finally, just got to him. Listen to the podcast (soundcloud) at the bottom of the page. Interesting stuff.
    Why Seattle’s famous superhero Phoenix Jones is retiring

4. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

Anyone into Final Fantasy VII? The remake just dropped and I’m about to download it. Been a minute since I played the original. RPGs & comics are the two need holdovers from childhood lol.

5. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I didn't really get into JRPG's before the original FF7 but back in 1997 I bought into the hype and bought it. I had a blast, it was one of my fondest gaming memories. It's one of the reasons I bought the remake unfortunately, I haven't had the time to play it yet.

6. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

I've downloaded The Trials of Mana remake.

7. SilverSmith

Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion’s Revenge

NetherRealm Studios and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment have revealed a new clip from Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion’s Revenge.

The feature-length film is arrives on digital April 14, 2020, and on 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack, Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD on April 28, 2020.

[​IMG]

8. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

9. SilverSmith

New Manga Subscription Service Launches With 2-Month Free Trial

Press Release

Mangamo, the first mobile manga subscription service that gives readers unlimited access to hundreds of titles from a growing list of publishers while supporting creators, launched globally today on iOS for iPhone and iPad and is available for download on the App Store. Starting today, manga fans can sign up for a limited time 2-month free trial of Mangamo.

The high cost of manga ($10-15 USD per book) makes it inaccessible to many readers outside of Japan, and it’s estimated that billions of dollars in revenue is lost to manga piracy sites every year. Mangamo makes manga affordable and accessible and fulfills unmet consumer demand that fuels rampant piracy.

For $4.99 USD a month, Mangamo subscribers gain ad-free, unlimited access to hundreds of titles professionally translated into English, such as popular titles Attack on Titan, Somali & the Forest Spirit, Fire Force, and Arte, and titles never before released in English such as Dropkick my Devil, Akatsuki Babies, Reset Game, and Daily Meteor Strike. Over the next three months, Mangamo will roll out over 300 titles and over 1,000 volumes of manga, and new chapters will be added daily.

Mangamo uses a simple, customer-preferred monthly subscription model with unlimited access, zero ads and no additional purchases, while other services offer advertising-based or costly F2P (free to premium) or pay-per-book purchase models.

[​IMG]

Full press release

10. SilverSmith

Pop culture art gallery Mondo has announced a new series of Batman: The Animated Series posters. Kicking things off are two posters from Phantom City Creative for the episodes "Dreams In Darkness" and "Harley's Holiday", each available in two colorways.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot Productions will develop a TV show "set in the Justice League Dark universe" for HBO Max, as announced in Variety. The project was previously reported to have moved under Bad Robot's creative banner for HBO Max.

The official title of the Justice League Dark show was not announced. Bad Robot will also produce an original drama titled Duster and a spin-off of The Shining titled Overlook for the upcoming streaming service.

“What an amazing start to our association with the wildly imaginative Bad Robot team under J.J. and Katie [McGrath],” said Kevin Reilly, chief content officer of HBO Max and president of TNT, TBS, and truTV. “What could be better than an original J.J. idea and then Warner Bros. letting them loose on iconic I.P. from Stephen King and the DC Universe and to provide more must-have programming on HBO Max.”

Bad Robot signed an overall first look deal with Warner Media, including HBO Max in 2019.

Article

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  12. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

LeVar Burton in Talks to Appear in Star Trek: Picard

Star Trek: The Next Generation actor LeVar Burton is in talks to reprise his role as Geordi La Forge for season two of CBS All Access' Star Trek: Picard.

“I think it’s reasonable to assume that those people are part of Picard’s life," Burton told Entertainment Tonight, before confirming an appearance is in the works. "Well, what the hell, absolutely. You’ll see us all.”

“I’ve suggested to the producers that we find Geordi in a position where he’s teaching, passing his knowledge on to other people," Burton explained. "We’ll see. [Alex Kurtzmann] and the folks in charge are doing an amazing job, when they call, whatever it is they want me to do, I’m pretty sure it’s gonna be spectacular.”

Burton went on to confirm that no filming has taken place, and his appearance is still in the negotiation stage. Several other Next Generation cast members including Marina Sirtis, Jonathan Frakes, and Brent Spiner appeared in Picard season one.

https://www.newsarama.com/49867-levar-burton-in-talks-for-picard-season-2.html

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I'm always glad to see a brother find work but, Star Trek Picard is hot garbage.

14. SilverSmith

San Diego Comic-Con Canceled Amid Coronavirus Pandemic

San Diego Comic-Con has been canceled as the coronavirus pandemic continues to reshape how the world views large public gatherings. The annual entertainment and comic book convention was scheduled to take place from July 23-26 in San Diego, California. It will next occur July 22-25, 2021.

This is the first time in the event's 50-year history that it has been canceled.

[​IMG]

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...mic-con-canceled-coronavirus-pandemic-1284432

15. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Please no. I know Brother LeVar is going for that check, but like @Thump said, Picard is hot garbage.

Whoopi is supposed to be coming back, too. GUINAN, DATA AND Q ARE SUPPOSED TO BE AGELESS CREATURES, NOT GET OLD, FAT OR BALD.

16. SilverSmith

Universal Pictures has gone into business with Amasia Entertainment for the planned Green Hornet film reboot, according to Deadline.

"The Green Hornet is one of the most iconic and beloved superhero tales ever created, and it has entertained generations of fans in every form of storytelling," said Universal Pictures' President Peter Cramer in the announcement. "We are thrilled to be partnering with Michael, Bradley, and the entire Amasia team to launch an exciting new cinematic world for Britt Reid, Kato, and the Black Beauty, and we can’t wait to share it with global audiences soon."

Universal has a long history with Green Hornet, with the studio producing two film series for the star in the early 1940s. In the 1990s Universal was in active development on a Green Hornet film, announcing at different times it would star George Clooney, Greg Kinnear, Jason Lee, and Mark Wahlberg, with Jet Li at one time signed on to play Kato. The studio lost the rights to the possible film franchise in 2001.

[​IMG]

https://www.newsarama.com/48822-gre...m-reboot-from-former-marvel-studios-exec.html

17. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

God no. Today's audiences do not want the 1940s white man with Asian sidekick nor would they do the property justice if they did do it. Seth Rogen's bomb should have taught them. The movie biz was tanking even before Corona, this seems tone-deaf as to what people actually want to see.

18. SilverSmith

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Stan Lee Playing the Spider-Man Game on the Atari 2600 (1982)

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Rare photo where Adam West and Burt Ward are caught smiling out of costume.

* 'After working together for quite some time, the unbreakable Batman and Robin duo were starting to have personal issues behind the cameras. This was mainly due to Burt feeling underappreciated and treated as a real-life sidekick to the much more popular Adam West.'