Covid-19 Central

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Madeleine, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

2. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

I think I told y’all a while ago a friend of mines on that boat. I’m actually watching his dog for him right now. He told me it’s a shit show out there. Damn shame. That CO did the right thing the Navy just needed a scapegoat for looking “weak”.

3. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

It's scary as it is, but when it's someone you're connected to somehow it's even worse, especially if you don't know if they're okay or not. Agreed. I'm not surprised they handled it that way.

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

True

For one thing they need to update them damn mopp levels. This shouldn't have happened to begin with. That's definitely above the skippers pay grade.

5. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

It’s fuckin sad they preach all this shit about taking care of your people but.. this is what you get. This shit ain’t a game people are dying.

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

DJG, did you see this? The crazy is real.
    A train engineer decided to take his train and crash it into the Navy ship that's docked in LA, because he believes that "it's here for other purposes and not as a floating hospital" He said, "you only get one chance to expose the truth and this was it." :eek:

https://abc7.com/officials-engineer...gqr-bIJ4aRb7Le9IU59jVlyAPjVpOuktQQqt7EipfSVwo

7. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

Yea I saw that shit yesterday. Ridiculous. Luckily no one was hurt. These conspiracy theorists off the wall. Times are nutty right now.

8. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Capture+_2020-03-24-19-52-00(1).jpg

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

So I've been reading that the reason the captain was relieved of his duties is because he exposed the vulnerability of five thousand of his Navy men to enemy combatants. In essence, he revealed a weakness in which foreign entities could take advantage.

You never hear of other countries Captains revealing the goings on of their ship being revealed to the world by them, right?
    Keep that shit in-house and you take it to your superiors and you figure out how to fix it without letting bad actors know.

I kind of agree with the relief now.

10. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

The only facts that haven’t came out is if he reached out to the chain first before it was leaked. There’s rumors that he might not of leaked it to begin with. Regardless of that a lot of people are divided on the subject. I know the people on that ship aren’t they love that man for doing what he did.

There’s always stories of lower ranking sailors who give up their ships position or status either cuz they ignorant and want something to post on social media... or they’re on some espionage shit. This CO while I understand their reasoning behind relieving him, did the same thing I probably would of done. Especially considering how fast this shit was beginning to spread. My friend on that boat still there tryin to make sure he don’t get sick despite a lot of bullshit he’s hearing from his superiors. It’s a shitty situation no CO can ever be prepared for and the military at large isn’t either. The more fucked up part is it usually takes a few people to die for real action to take place. It all sucks.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Yeah I can imagine it would be pretty scary if you're on the ship. From what I read, none of the 92 needed hospitalization which is a good thing, thank God! I'm glad your friend is healthy and on 'home' soil (Guam). (Though I read the locals are pissed that they are there, smh)

Still, the captain sent sensitive information of the health status of 92 of his sailors over an unsecured server, which allowed never-sleeping bad actors to potentially intercept and compromise the communication channels of an extremely populous ship and its higher commanders. I know you said what isn't divided is a love for that man but there was about a hundred sailors out there and there's five thousand on that ship - wouldn't more have come out?

It's all just a very strange occurrence from start to finish.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  12. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

At this point it is what it is. I don’t feel too bad for the guy he’s a captain. He’ll get some desk job for the rest of his career or at worst he’ll be forced to retire and live off a fat pension. I don’t think anything like this has ever happened before. That’s why I’m so glad I’m not on a boat and probably won’t be on another one for the rest of my career. Boat life had it’s ups & downs but this virus shit throws everything outta sync.

13. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Good news amidst the bad news: Exponential growth of the epidemic in Germany has been stopped (it’s about factor 1 now and should drop below 1 in the next few days) and they expect new infections to start seriously reducing in about 2 weeks. Some plus points to our government for catching it on time. Now if it doesn’t develop in a similar way in Switzerland I’m gonna load my car and move back to Germany. Unfortunately this country cares more about money. The lockdown isn’t as tight as in Germany.

14. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

LOL. Even Trump didn't trust the numbers being reported by China.

Obama has been out of office for 3+ years. Last time I checked, it was Trump who based his response to the coronavirus on the numbers reported from China.

Trump has been riding Jinping's dick from the very beginning of the COVID19 pandemic.

When is the last time Obama invited a communist dictator to his private country club??

And I can't remember the last time a U.S. president PRAISED a foreign leader for becoming a dictator.

Jonathan C. 2 years ago
    In every joke there is a half truth. People forget that and dismiss it when they are told the truth in a comical way. We always pay later for our ignorance.

15. andreboba

Can't make this shit up.

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

2 world wars and Switzerland wasn't touched. They seem apolitical. Points I would consider before leaving.

17. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Yes they are neutral when it comes to politics so all sides entrust their money to them.
    It’s not even so bad where we live but unfortunately my husband has to go to the hospital every day in a very infected area. That’s the main issue I have with the whole situation.

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Oh geeze, your ignorance is astounding. You're giving me clips of formal dinners -- formal official visiting Tour dinners, AB, he is speaking at official engagements with the President sitting right next to him, what the fuck do you expect him to say?? :eek:

19. andreboba

It's not about the formal dinner, it's what Trump SAID. Like when he complimented Xi in a private recording for assuming dictatorial powers.
    What American president makes a joke about that?? Or says he should try to do the same thing one day???

The man is a bad seed, but you keep lifting him up.

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member