Covid-19 Central

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Madeleine, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Nah. I only drink top shelf brown liquor. Mostly whisk(e)y and some rums. Right now I'm not even doing that. Keeping my immune system strong as possible.

Watermelon and orange juice for breakfast right now. lol

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Fuck you, China Government!
    It's bad enough that we're dealing with a new virus that could kill us, but the fact that they're apparently lying as to the severity of it in their country, is abominable and high crimes.
    Their leader needs to be brought to trial.

Wuhan's death toll could be astronomically higher than the Chinese government has reported, some residents say
    https://www.businessinsider.com/wuh...ErOnTH2OVlNIkFjG1FtJl_KHVdeORKTEaXSpVcbXbEUbo

4. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Why would you trust a communist government to ever be telling you the truth?
    Most experts have said China's COVID19 numbers most likely were inaccurate.

This is what happens when you have a POTUS who trusts Putin and Xi JinPing more than our allies and intelligence agencies.

Ji is a dictator. No one is bringing him to trial.smh

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

No kidding. What kind of shit is people smoking these days?? Bring him to trial??
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]

6. K

K Well-Known Member

This morning my son received an email from his doctor saying all of Kaiser can not get hydroxycholoroquine because of the pandemic and the demand because of the trials and possibility of it being a treatment for COVID-19 and they are doing their best to get more.

There are millions of people who take this medication for autoimmune diseases and many of them have been on them for many years. Basically the rest of her message was about how they can deal with flares as they happen. Flare is a very nice way of saying what happens for people. What most people don't know is that flare means the body is attacking itself and it often/usually means organ involvement and the treatments for "flares" are not good options

I know someone said something about this being unethical and even criminal. This is how things happen, it's called triage. It happens every day and in every emergency situation.

Just hoping timing will work out and supply will be there when he runs out.

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I don't know what the issue is here. China can put up a new hospital in 10 days but we can't expand plant capacites enough to keep up with demand? Are we short on raw materials used to make the drugs? Or are we just short on ethics? Unfortunately ethics is subjective, but imo it's highly unethical. Imo this is the type of issue that government is supposed to solve. They came up with the 2 trillion for the "stimulus" they also should be willing and able to kick out funds for this shortage of medicine.

I'm sorry to hear that, to me it's twilight zone level crazy.

8. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

That’s very wrong and I hope he gets his refill before he runs out.
    I don’t fully understand the reason of the scale of this chloroquine hype. It’s not a treatment for COVID19. The French did a study on it that indicated it could possibly help a bit in severe cases. At the same time they warn of serious side effects, especially if taken with certain antibiotics. They advise to give chloroquine only to hospitalised patients under supervision. Else the side effects might actually kill someone faster. So the whole thing looks like activism to pretend to have found a solution on the side of the government where there’s really no solution.

9. K

K Well-Known Member

It's all hype to manipulate people to get intended results and it works. It's a dangerous game in so many ways.

10. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The most shocking thing I'm experiencing with this pandemic/lockdown is the number of old people still trying to go out and about as if nothing is happening.

11. Madeleine

Is it Alzheimer or dementia?

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

13. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

It's neither, they just don't fear death as much as we think they should. They rather not have their daily routine hindered. One 78-year-old told me he never thought he'd live this long anyway.

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

They often die when their daily routine is affected or if they are removed from their element. I can see where they are coming from.

15. Madeleine

Fair enough. We don’t have to treat them like kids either. They can make their choices, provided they understand all risks and consequences.

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Most experts? Bull. Most accepted the initial numbers.
    I personally don't ever fully trust that they were telling the truth, but I trusted that it was at least an approximate number of 3000 there.

What I didn't and still don't trust is that there's been no new cases... but now that it's coming out that there were astronomically more people who had died originally, that's new and infuriating because it compromised our choices to act accordingly.

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Seriously, where are you getting the Trump trusts Xi, more like the opposite.
    He's the only President that has ever not trusted him, unlike the last president who adored him.
    Thanks, Obama.

When Obama first proposed the policy of a “return to Asia”, he declared himself ...
    'America's first Pacific president'

'President Barack Obama billed himself as "America’s first Pacific president," promising the nations of Asia "a new era of engagement with the world based on mutual interests and mutual respect."

On China, the region's emerging economic power, Obama made clear that:

"the United States does not seek to contain China, nor does a deeper relationship with China mean a weakening of our bilateral alliances."

"On the contrary, the rise of a strong, prosperous China can be a source of strength for the community of nations. And so in Beijing and beyond, we will work to deepen our Strategic and Economic Dialogue, and improve communication between our militaries." :oops:

See this photo?
    It's Obama AFTER he was replaced as President by Trump.
    [​IMG]
    Love buddies.

The meeting was part of Obama’s first trip shadow-tour to Asia since leaving office and came weeks after Xi hosted US President Donald Trump during a high-profile visit to China.

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Update:
    It's official..

FDA gives emergency approval to first coronavirus blood test that can detect when people have become immune to the infection amid hopes they can return to work and 'jump start the economy'

https://mol.im/a/8182151