Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. K

K Well-Known Member

we need a WOW emoji

some others too

2. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

I agree. What people don’t know is that medicine isn’t mathematics. A lot depends on how things are done in that country or by that doctor etc. From all I know the US prescribes medicine much more generously than other countries including antibiotics, blood pressure, induction of labour when pregnant, pain reliever etc. Gotta be careful about those things. 130/80 is no high bp. The rate at which some people swallow antibiotics also is the reason why the world is full of multi-resistent bugs. Too much medicine is really just as bad as too little.

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Exactly! Well said.

4. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

If I weren’t married but had one steady partner I’d probably call him that although I don’t know if that sounds right in English. Girlfriend does sound childish.

5. K

K Well-Known Member

People often say partner or SO (significant other). Then there's the whole - My MAN or My WOMAN thing.

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Man: fallible

God: Infallible

That's a very basic concept. Not sure why you put me in this, I don't believe in the bible. But if I had a book from someone who was infallible and never changed, I don't see how that reconciles with laws from the fallible people.

That's why originally the rulers were the church. Now it's a whole new context. We are secular.

Nothing to read into. It's really basic.

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

8. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I find calling a woman my Bewbie-Butt-Biddy works rather well.

9. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I want some new running shoes. Guess I'm gonna have to buy from Amazon for the first time.

People been whining about them when they had other options but they kept shopping there, LOL. Now they have no choice. Hahahahaha!

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

What kind of dog does he have? (I love dogs).

What is he telling you, because reports have it none of the 92 testing positive are needing any hospitalization. It he saying otherwise?

So what do you think of the captain leaking his letter? Do you think he should have been let go as the captain of that ship?
    Also, is that common for top brass to reveal to everyone the goings on, or should he have gone through his chain of command?

12. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

He didn’t go into details about how many people were sick but it’s definitely growing. They are shipping them to Guam I guess to get treatment so hopefully things will work itself out but still it’s a fucked up situation.

The captain did the right thing. More often than not the military tends to try to sweep things under the rug to keep up appearances so when things like this happen they act swiftly. They think it makes them look bad but honestly he did the right thing. I would of did the same especially if no one higher up was gonna lift a finger. It’s definitely not common for them to just reveal things like that tho.

He has a welsh corgi he’s cool as shit. Sheds a lot on my damn couch tho lol

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

You been to Guam yet fam?

14. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

I went there when I was a airman for about two months on det. That was fun as shit. We stayed at a Marriott & I was 20 runnin amuck out there lol.

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Yeah Guam is lit. I loved it. I was at the Marriott too. lol. We worked at the airforce base. They tried to break our balls every chance they got. They even made one of our guys that we rode to work with get out at the gate because he didn't have on a seat belt. lol. The van didn't have enough seat belts for all of us. I had to go back to the gate and pick him up before the maintenance meeting.

Their base sucked. I liked the Navy base out there. That swimming area was the shit. The Air force hated us for reasons I never understood. One time in California we had to sleep unexpectedly at an Airforce base because our plane broke down. lol. Them motherfuckers kept waking us up at night making us move to different rooms. I seriously wanted to say fuck it, lets kick their asses.

16. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

We worked outta the Air Force base too & them dudes were just weird. Especially towards us AOs they were extra for no reason. I know my rate gets the bad rap for being a box of rocks but them Air Force dudes were remedial as shit. I was the DD for most of it but I had fun driving around doin stupid shit with that duty van.

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Marines acted funny towards too. They didn't want us using their restroom on their side of the hangar when I worked at a Marine base. lol. What is with having a different color uniform? Whoever divided the branches up like that knew what they were doing. People really think things like that make them special.

One of my marine instructors in A- school couldn't believe I was in the Navy because of my fitness level. He used to ask me "why did you join the Navy." I just kinda laughed off the marines most of the time. They got laid more than the average Navy guy in A-school but if you were fit you still got yours too.

It was the Airforce dudes that I really didn't like. That really had a stick up their asses. I guess because they are mostly obsolete anyway. The Navy is basically the mobile Airforce, It's been that way for a long time now.

Most of the jokes about our rate came from within the command. "Geek squad," "Tweaks," "Trons," "Insert the current popular video game here" That was our name. They had us doing the electronics for everything in the command. I'm like you tards can't set up a PA system?? LOL.

The weird thing was that when we finished our work for the night, maintenance control wanted us to stick around and wait for everyone else, but if we were the last shop working people would start leaving out. I'm like hold on wtf??

18. meowkittenmeow

The Air Force holds some relevance when it comes to JTACs and TACPs, but, outside of those guys, bombing runs, and so on, they don't hold a great deal of relevance. The focus on Drones made them even more irrelevant. They are more geared towards "testing" as it is required to reach the next rank. Everyone else uses boards and prior experience to make that judgement. They don't call them "Chair Force" for nothing.

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Just to think, we have a spaceforce now. What a joke.

20. meowkittenmeow

It was inevitable. If the focus is on surveillance, then I could see how it makes sense.