Ex-President Donald Trump

Discussion in 'Politics' started by blackbull1970, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

2. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

3. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Don The Con made it crystal clear that he's more concerned with his path to reelection and resuscitating Wall Street than with the infected and the dead. We're going to "win bigly", America!

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

6. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

Capture+_2020-03-24-20-01-08(1).jpg

This particular crisis is not the time to be shortsighted.

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Crisis?
    According to the CDC, from November of 2019 until this week, approx 23,000 people have died from the flu coronavirus.
    That's more a crisis, no?

The CDC also estimates that up to 31 million Americans have caught the flu caronavirus this season, with 210,000 to 370,000 flu sufferers hospitalized because of the virus.
    That clogs hospitals more, no?

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/index.htm
    Information ^^^, not opinion.

https://www.health.com/condition/cold-flu-sinus/how-many-people-die-of-the-flu-every-year

8. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

You are missing the point. Covid-19 is on-pace to overrun or healthcare system. People are going to die because they can't get the life-saving treatment they need. It's true that the flu kills people every year but never at the rate that preventable deaths happen due to lack of available care. The graphic below illustrates the problem.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

170,000 Americans have been tested so far, and the majority are coming back negative, so that is a good sign.

95% of those testing positive exhibit mild symptoms and recover. More good signs.

Schools are being converted into pop-up hospitals as are hotels that will be able to help handle any burden that hospital's might experience if there is an outbreak.

It would be disingenuous to disregard the stress levels and depression that is currently and going to overtake the American public within the next month.

People need to work, and I'm very happy that you're getting an income but there are people who are not. People are already making themselves sick over the worry and stress, which suppresses immune systems, which make people more susceptible to viruses, and can lead to heart attacks, strokes and suicides.

And there is no telling how much domestic abuse is currently and can occur over the stresses, which often leads to murder-suicides.

Wait until people start becoming desperate and they stop robbing and looting, it took but two weeks for that to start to happen in Louisiana when the system broke down.

There is a lot of fallout by shutting a country down.

If this country continues to be shut down, businesses will close doors for good and approximately 37 million people will be laid off. We won't be in a Recession, we will be in a Depression.

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

12. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

IMG_20200325_071321.jpg

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

45 is fucking hilarious sometimes. This I agree with even before this crisis. If you're sick around me I can care less about your feelings, I will be rude and move the hell away from you. I never liked how people seemed to not mind catching colds. I don't want any disease, they all suck. Worse thing I had was chicken pox, it was a fucking nightmare.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The human immune-system is weird, getting chicken-pox as a kid means you get to stay home from school for a few days but getting it as an adult can be life-threatening.

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

16. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

IMG_20200325_071234.png

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

19. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

20. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Um, Trump was impeached for withholding aid to Ukraine in exchange for political dirt on Joe Biden.

Try again.

Pelosi blocked a $500 billion slush fund controlled by Menuchin with no oversight.
    When a criminal tells you how they're going to rob you, it's a good idea to stop them before they start.