Covid-19 Central

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Madeleine, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Wow.
    That banker trying to profit off this -- I mean I can understand a slight profit for it for any effort put forth, but if he kept pushing the drug company to gain off it, he would be hunted down, quartered and left on a stake by people the world over.

He is evil to even be thinking that way, so cavalier, as if he was going to find support for his "suggestion" .
    Once his name gets out he's done... Thank God for that pharmacutical woman, bless her heart.

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

So I have to build a remote testing Platform and I have zero information about it. Digging through info online and waiting for someone to respond via cisco web ex.

Online school

Yeaah. I live for this

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

4. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Me too we're good for a month. Thank you stupid racism

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Why people are hoarding eggs and other perishable items is beyond me.

Risk of me getting sick is very low. Only thing I'm hoarding is 14 cans of soup and little over 3 quarts of orange juice that's good to May 25th. With that I can lay down for 3 days and figure it out from there.

Got bout 14 rolls of ass paper.

I'm good.

What about you America? Are we great yet?

8. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I normally have about a months worth of supplies at any given time. I think I have up to 5 weeks worth of stuff for now. But, I’ve always been this way, and I don’t eat a whole lot of easily perishable items. I cut eggs and focused on chicken, and a lot of the food I eat can be frozen. So, I’m always good to go.

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I'm still eating eggs but I have to get them from a restaurant. Last time I had the flu, soup was all I could eat, so If I get sick none of my routine will work for me. I was in the nasty cold Cleveland weather last time I got the flu. Cold weather was generally ok for me at the time because it was something new, but I'm glad to be in year round sunshine now.

10. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I work around vulnerable people so I've been looking for solutions to the mask shortage. I found this video, but I make no claims to the effectiveness of homemade PPE.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

My Indian friend posted ...

[​IMG]

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I'm actually enjoying the social distancing outside of the online school.

One of the microchips I just wired in this circuit is either bad or programmed wrong. I found out by troubleshooting with the logic probe I just built. So instead of showing someone that, now I have to take the chip out to replace it, which will require me to basically rewire the whole circuit again. I need to do so carefully so the mistake isn't mine this time. Fun fun fun.

13. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

As an introvert this social distancing thing is usual how I live outside work, now I have had home office since the beginning of March.

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I'm an extrovert but end up operating like an introvert because I'm selective and hate small talk.

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

If the common cold is also a corona virus will we have to deal with this coming back next year? (Soo glad I'm in warm climate)

If a vaccine can be developed then why not a vaccine for the common cold (same family?)

If a vaccine is developed would it be a one time thing or will it be needed annually like a flu vaccine?

hmmm

Any biology geeks?

17. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

I understand completely.

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

In a time where supplies a very limited, the elderly are going without, sick people are going without, many families are going without because there are greedy assholes like this Canadian couple that take more food then they will ever use.
    They cannot justify all that meat for two, when others need to also feed themselves and their children. So shameful.

"We're getting crucified for buying two carts of meat. We might have gone overboard, but we didn't push people or laugh at anyone...
    I'm getting death threats and I don't answer the phone so I'm losing business. My own mother is ashamed of me....
    ..I'm not feeling safe, and me and my girlfriend are scared."

19. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I feel bad for that little girl but statistically, children are still less likely to get serious complications. You have to also realize some people have undiagnosed pre-existing conditions.

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member