The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

This is the latest BW poster for ya, true believers.

[​IMG]

2. SilverSmith

And here's the last of the trailers.

3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Alright I'm digging this trailer more than the first one. Got to lock up plans for May now. lol.

4. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I feel bad for the people involved with this movie, because of the virus scare it might not get the number of people going to see it that it deserves to get.

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

You think it'll be an issue in May?

6. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

All the news reports I've been looking at say this thing is not going away anytime soon.

7. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

Netflix's Lost in Space to End With Season 3
    March 9, 2020

Lost in Space has been renewed by Netflix for a third season, in which The Robinson Family's epic space journey towards Alpha Centauri will conclude. Netflix confirmed the news on social media here.

Additionally, Netflix and Lost in Space Executive Producer/ showrunner Zack Estrin have agreed to enter a multi-year overall deal to produce new series exclusively at Netflix.

Estrin says, "From the beginning, we've always viewed this particular story of The Robinsons as a trilogy. A three part epic family adventure with a clear beginning, middle and end. It's also worth noting that, with what these characters go through just trying to survive each episode - if anyone deserves to catch their breath before their next mission -- it's Will, Penny, Judy, Maureen, John, Don West, Dr. Smith... and The Robot. And, of course, Debbie the Chicken. So while this chapter of Lost In Space is coming to a rousing conclusion, I'm excited about continuing to explore new stories with my friends at Netflix, and for all of the incredible possibilities that lie ahead."

Ted Biaselli, Director of Original Series at Netflix, added, "We are so thrilled to share more adventures of The Robinson Family and see their journey through to what is sure to be an epic finale. We're especially thankful to Zack Estrin, Matt Sazama, Burk Sharpless, Kevin Burns and Jon Jashni for helming Lost in Space, which has brought viewers a premium action-packed and visually spectacular series that the whole family can enjoy together, and we can't wait for our family audiences to see where season 3 will lead!"

Lost in Space is a Netflix original series, produced by Legendary Television.

Credit: TheFutonCritic

8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Fuck Yeah!! Almost time for the bourbon and butter popcorn!

9. SilverSmith

Altered Carbon is moving to Japan in Altered Carbon: Resleeved. Check it.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. SilverSmith

NetherRealm Studios and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment have released the new Red Band trailer for Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion’s Revenge, Warner Bros. Animation’s feature-length film arriving on Digital April 12, 2020 and on 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack, Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD on April 28, 2020.

11. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

This one's got me shook, guys, ain't gonna lie

12. RicardoCooper

Oh wow another femme-led project comes to an end

13. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

New Entertainment Weekly cover for Marvel's Black Widow, starring Ms. Johansson.

14. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

This one didn't bother me. All they did was put the focus on the mother and Will instead of just Will and Dr. Smith. The mom is the leader, here. It was done without it being a "go girl" kind of thing. Didn't like too much at first, but it really grew on me.

I don't mind female led Scifi and action. Buffy was my shit and so was Nikkita. I just need it done without the male bashing and Mary Sue abilities. This show works in that way.

15. SilverSmith

A new TV spot for New Mutants , due out April 3.

16. RicardoCooper

They dumbed down all the male characters from the original. Will was the smartest one in the 60s version. Here he was so dumb that Maureen had to game the test to get him in the Jupiter Program. Towards the end, Maureen did the tiger mom "Get away from her, you BITCH" scene. Judy Robinson was a full fledged doctor at 18-19. I was rolling my eyes so hard I didn't come back for S2. Hahaha. I loved Nikita though (the Maggie Q version). We all have our opinions.

17. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I didn't like Will not being a genius. But, I thought about it. Was he a kid genius in the original show? Judy being a doctor so young didn't bother me. Keep in my mind, they made Penny dumb as a bag of rocks. So, it's not over board with the "princess feminism" crap.

18. RicardoCooper

Will was a kid genius in the original. Rocketry and thermodynamics. He was the one who figured out how to control the robot after Smith sabotaged it (I'm old so I remember the original). All they did was treat John like shit. And they cucked him by having Judy be biracial from a previous marriage a.k.a. a black guy was with Maureen first haha. Don West went from space pilot to cargo hauler. I could go on and on. The female Dr. Smith and her psychotic conniving made sense, though. Better than the gay Dr. Smith from the original who liked to hang around Will, nothing weird there. Hahaha, to each his own sir.

19. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I'm still holding out hope that Hollywood can figure out that making capable female characters doesn't mean you have to make the male characters less capable.

As for Judy, yeah, a teenage doctor is a bad idea. Part of being a doctor is being a comfort for your patience, In ideal conditions, a doctor so young would be troubling for people in medical need, but in space, it would be a nightmare. They should have made the mom the doctor and the dad the scientist, Don West could have been the military/muscle and the kids could have been just kids.

20. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Oh, the way I understood it, they adopted her after their friend died. I must have misunderstood.