Kobe Bryant Dies in Helicopter Crash

Discussion in 'In the News' started by SilverSmith, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

So these were actually quite good.

Not overly sugary, both Conan's (very funny) and Fallon's (awesome anecdote) were very brief,

whereas Kimmel's ditched his audience to devote his whole show. Kobe was a 15-time visitor, so he had quite a few good snippets from some interviews. Actually very well put together.

How Late Night TV Paid Tribute to Kobe Bryant

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

3. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

That group of people from that particular ideology and movement, always show their true colors. I feel bad for the families.

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

IMG_20200129_140434.jpg

carmeloanthony Damn Bro!! :(
    I hate when I have so much to say, but I can’t put any of it into words. The times I have the most to say are the times that I can’t talk. I’m screaming inside but I can’t be heard. YOU don’t know how hard it is to try to pretend to smile when I have these clouds of emotions.

YOU just called me and told me you were coming to the game Friday and that you were proud of me and “regardless of anything, stay true to myself and STAYME7O”
    We were just laughing about how hard YOU was working GiGi and her teammates and I told YOU they need a day off.

This pain is almost unbearable Champ! Why you bro? Why GiGi? Why leave Vanessa with this Sadness and Pain. WHY? This will never make sense to me.

I know I’m not suppose to question GODs Will. I know GOD doesn’t make mistakes. It just seems like It always rains the hardest on those who deserve the sun.

There are moments in life when there’s simply NO words to describe the pain within. This is one of them. YOU will continue to be Loved. YOU will be missed. YOU will forever be remembered. YOUR legacy will live on FOREVER. OUR FRIENDSHIP will never be forgotten.
    I know YOU will be near, Even if I don’t see YOU.
    PEACE KING!!! “There Are No Goodbyes. Where Ever You’ll be, You’ll be in Our Hearts”
    All Praise Due
    #STAYME7O

View all 12,344 comments

tattoo_dream3 ??
    xinkun777
    18 HOURS AGO

Instagram

6. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I didn't read the article, but what did she say was true? The sordid details that came out from Kobe rape case SCREAMS ran-through thot that let Kobe smash & decided to accuse him rape for money.

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Vanessa Bryant switched her Instagram account from private to public on Wednesday, publicly acknowledging their shock deaths when she changed her Instagram profile photo to one of Kobe and Gianna embracing and smiling at each other.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is not clear if she made the account, which has more than one million, followers, private before or after the crash.

Sources have said Vanessa has been trying to stay strong for their three surviving daughters but is devastated, numb and can barely keep it together.

'She can't finish a sentence without crying. But she is working very hard to pull it together for the other girls. She now has to be the strong one,' the source told People.

[​IMG]

In November 2019, he called Vanessa his 'Queen' and their daughters 'princesses' in a touching post to mark 20 years since they first met when she was at high school.

'On this day 20 years ago I met my best friend, my Queen @vanessabryant I decided to take her on a date to Disneyland tonight to celebrate old school style (pre 4princesses),' he wrote.

'I love you my mamacita per sempre,' Bryant captioned a throwback photo of the couple along with a photo of them at the time in the Anaheim, California, theme park.

8. ColiBreh1

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Updated:
    IMG_20200130_001036.jpg
    IMG_20200130_002629.jpg

IMG_20200130_002705.jpg
    IMG_20200130_002739.jpg

[​IMG]

10. darkcurry

Forgot how private of a family person she was. Kobe was more of a public person so I think that will now change with The Bryants and rightfully so. Much love to Vanessa. Beautiful post by the Lakers who haven't yet responded. Nice that her and the Lakers are also thinking and helping the other families as well.

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

What has gotten lost in the world-wide tributes to Kobe and Gianna, is that there were also two other 13 year-old girls that lost their lives.

While family loved ones are left behind to grieve, there is comfort knowing that Gianna was with her dad, Payton Chester was with her mother, and Alyssa Altobelli was with her mother and father.
    The 3 young girls never got to live their full lives.. absolute tragedy.

IMG_20200130_003904.jpg

Christina Mauser, 38, an assistant basketball coach at Bryant's Mamba Sports Academy

Payton Chester, 13, who played on the academy's basketball teams; and her mother, Sarah Chester, 45

Ara Zobayan, 49, the pilot

Alyssa Altobelli, 13 ; parents,
    John Altobelli, 56, the head baseball coach at Orange Coast College in Costa Mesa, California; his wife, Keri Altobelli, 46.

12. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

What's incredible is how her Instagram following jumped to one million when she made it public, to now almost 6 million followers, in just under an hour.
    Her audience is now enormous and gives her the platform to continue his voice when she is ready.

13. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

His public apology and the police records tells you what you need to know about what happend. Kobe raped that girl.

14. ColiBreh1

I found an old E! article (through Wikipedia citations) that specifically mentioned that Kobe's parent didn't want him to marry Vanessa because she wasn't black:

https://web.archive.org/web/20060219203516/http://www.eonline.com/On/Holly/Shows/Bryant/facts.html

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  15. darkcurry

16. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. SilverSmith

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

19. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

20. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

OMG.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is deplorable and out of control. He's being dragged like he was some serial rapist, which he was not, (and l have always defended his victim).

No one came at him like this all these years but suddenly it's open season to continue to hang this over him in death. He has daughters that may not have been privvy to what happened before they were born, it's just not right to negate all he did to redeem himself.

The artist, known as Laced and Found, told KVUE that he had already gone to the site to remove the vandalism.

'I believe everyone has their own beliefs and opinions on various matters. Nonetheless there are ways to go about speaking and voicing personal thoughts,' he said.

'This was disrespectful to the Kobe family, the city of Austin, the fans and the artists who put some serious hard work and emotions into the piece. We will continue to fix this piece and prolong it as long as possible for the community to have it as their own.'