The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Did they? Who has been replaced like that?

2. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

He comes back in the comics, and his powers are damn near God-tier if I’m not mistaken. If they do that then I’m all for it.

3. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

I'm not even shocked by this. Hawkeye and Ant-Man are also being replaced by their daughters in the MCU plus they're bringing in the Muslim Ms. Marvel on Disney+ and I bet a live-action Riri Williams (Iron Heart) is on the way as well to sideline Rhodey.

I always thought they should have had a Queen Panther with the same powers to go into action as a duo, but it's all about replacing the man entirely.

The Star Wars films showed Disney that they can keep pushing the woke feminist agenda and still make money, so the profit motive is out the window.

All of this can be clickbait/fake news, but I don't put it past the powers that be.

4. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

What makes sense to me is expanding the franchise and/or replacing actors who age out. But if they're just changing for the sake of changing, I think it's misguided.

5. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

EPIX has released the War of the World trailer for its eight-part drama series premiering on February 16, 2020.

Set in present-day Europe, War of the Worlds is based on the story by H.G. Wells. When astronomers detect a transmission from another galaxy, it is definitive proof of intelligent alien life.

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

It was bad enough that they dumbed Black Panther down and made his sister the brain in the movie. He supposedly has a PHD in Physics from Oxford. His intelligence is supposed to be on Stark's level, but in the movie he didn't even appear to be smart enough to be Stark's intern. That was my biggest complaint. They just wouldn't let him be great.

7. SilverSmith

Paramount is Rebooting The Transformers Movies

Paramount Pictures is looking to revamp its “Transformers” franchise in a big way, as sources tell Variety two simultaneous scripts are now in active development: one by James Vanderbilt and one by Joby Harold.

Paramount’s most recent take on the franchise was 2018’s “Bumblebee,” a coming-of-age tale that was produced on a smaller budget than other “Transformers” films. That different approach went over well with both critics and audiences, grossing $465 million worldwide and opening up a new opportunity to continue the franchise, with the studio now expanding the “Transformers” universe with the development of two scripts.

Details behind both scripts are still vague, but sources say they present an opportunity build out multiple storylines within the franchise.

No directors have been attached to either script and it’s also likely that both projects will feature brand-new casts.

[​IMG]

Story

8. The Dark King

Preach

9. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I'm hoping they'll greatly expand on his intelligence and Renaissance Man qualities in sequels.

10. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I thought they got it right with Bumblebee.

11. The Dark King

They won't because they are obsessed with pandering to demographics who have never and will never support the genre the way boys and men do.

12. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Here's hoping we get some pleasant surprises.

13. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

14. The Dark King

I won't be watching. I'm taking a page from black women. I refuse to give my attention to things that don't include. They're drawing their line in the sand so we should draw ours and let the chips fall where they may

15. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong (I've never seen a single episode), but didn't they *just* stop having a white dude every time? Aren't they going directly from a white lady to a black lady? That's good, right? If there's only one at a time every few years, isn't there a chance we will be up next or soon after?

Would we be as upset of they'd cast another white man? Or an Asian or Latino? It would be different if there was a long history of everyone but black men being included. But as far as I know, the past two times are the only time is hasn't been a white man.

What am I missing? Are we salty because a black woman got a big coveted role that's gone to a white man EVERY time except one?

Again, I never watch the show. So maybe I have my facts wrong.

16. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Taken the genre as a whole, black men hardly ever get to be the resourceful, confident, self sufficient, straight, heart throb leading men in the way that white men have. When they do cast a black character in those roles, they go to black women most of the time. Even when we do get to be the hero of the story, we have to share the spotlight in ways our white male counterparts don't have to. A great example of that is Black Panther. Technically, he was really just the muscle. Contrast him to Iron Man's, Cap's or Thor's first films.

We're just tired of that way of doing things in genre TV and film.

17. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Hmm... Maybe we just need to start up our own production company.

18. SilverSmith

Mortal Kombat video game franchise is getting the animated treatment with Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion’s Revenge, arriving this spring.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. RicardoCooper

Wasn't this supposed to be steampunk? Pass

20. RicardoCooper

Has anybody watched Picard? Any good? A friend and veteran Trekkie likes it. I'm boycotting Star Trek out of sheer principle