BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Pretty much white men with anyone.
    Actually no straight black men allowed

2. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Have you not seen the trailer? Congratulations, you called it lol

I'm still not sold on the conspiracy theories though. I definitely see the patterns y'all mention. But I'm wondering if that ain't just cognitive bias on my part (maybe a crazy combination of naive realism and fundamental/group attribution error?).

3. Bruh, I ain't see SHIT!! that family promo photo on my Netflix homepage told me all I need to know LMFAOOOOOOOOO

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  4. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

The trick is to find films or shows, produced by netflix, that don’t fit the trope. Then all you have to do is compare that to the laundry list of netflix shows that do fit that trope and you’ll get your answer. There are a few brothas on this site that keep track of that sort of thing.

5. Anyway, "Evil" a few weeks ago had their showrunners, the Kings, say that David will CONTINUE to have a romantic tease/storyline with Kristen.

lol I picked the right show to follow.

6. meowkittenmeow

It’s a phenomenal show.

7. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I'm really impressed with what I've been hearing about that show. I'm also really intrigued by a recent commercial preview (some guy said he's gonna kill the main woman's children and burn down her house). I'd love to get caught up, but CBS doesn't stream it's shows for free. So it looks like I'm stuck living vicariously through you guys lol

8. meowkittenmeow

I use Hulu Live. I suppose if you wait for the season to end, you can use a free trial and binge watch it. You can technically purchase it on apple tv. It’s $20 and if you factor in the cost of a film with the length of a feature film versus $20 for a television show that has been good on every episode, and each episode is over 40 minutes, it’s actually rather cheap. And you are buying the full season, which is currently 12 episodes with an average of 42 minutes equating to an 8.4 hour film. I am not sure how many more episodes there are this season. My point is there are options.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Link?

10. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

This is what I remember Robert King saying

https://www.tvguide.com/news/evil-david-kristen-relationship-tca/

I didn't post this when I first read it because I thought that after Kristen's husband came back into the picture it was clear to some folks David & Kristen are not in the plans. Again I'll say I don't know WHAT people are getting the idea they are getting a couple out of this. All you're getting is this teasing and funny looks they give each other. lol.

• List
  11. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I'm no fan of a tease, especially an endless one lol

12. darkcurry

It's a good show though. Just no IR love with David and Kristen anytime soon... or at all. lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. darkcurry

On Nancy Drew without giving away too much they(for now) had Nancy give Owen the final rejection and it looks like Nick is about to be at the center of two women's affection.

George and Nancy
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. meowkittenmeow

It’s quite a bit more than a tease. And I don’t want to spoil anything, but Based on the direction things are going, it will be more in due time (maybe by next season depending on what the audience wants).

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  15. exactly. I think it's a bit disingenous to act like it's just been little teases and such when there have been FULL ON SEXUAL FANTASIES KRISTEN WOULD HAVE ABOUT DAVID, FEEDING INTO THE WHOLE SUBTEXT OF "KRISTEN'S HUSBAND IS GONE AND SHE MIGHT STILL FEEL LONELY, YOUNG, ADVENTUROUS, ETC"

lol but the way Black Superman portrays it as is "little teases and nods".

I usually don't like "teasing" shows either but I have a good feeling about this one.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I think I'm gonna try to check it out regardless of the IR situation. So far I've heard nothing bad from anyone who's watched it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Okay the last time somebody here teased Nancy maybe pursuing Nick I was disappointed when I watched the episode. But this looks on point from screen shots alone lol. I'll have to give this one a look.

But for the record I still don't like love triangles, even when a black guy is in the middle.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. darkcurry

I gave a link to Robert King's words about the relationship himself. Take it up with him not me. Get upset with him for teasing you guys into this wishful thinking not me.

I'm not portraying it as anything he didn't say himself. One minute you guys hate long strung out will they won't they games these networks play with black men involved next minute you do like them.

I watch the show I know what you are talking about and I also know her husband is in the picture and have read about the showrunners non-plans for her relationship with David to go deeper. But you guys want to skip over that. Fine by me DO YOU! lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. darkcurry

You know what. They are writing it to get me to actually root for it. LOL! WTF! Did I just say that?

But last episode was so well written for George and Nick's arch.

20. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Cool I'll probably watch later today. I much prefer to see him with Nancy, but I'll give George a fair chance lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List