The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Part 3 will launch on January 24th, Netflix announced today during a panel at Argentina Comic Con.

2. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

Wonder Woman 1984 teaser arrives (sorta).

3. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

The female Dr. Smith was the most plausible thing about the show. She made a lot more sense than the original Dr. Smith, who if you remember, started out evil but then became a flaming queen who they let hang around Will.

4. RicardoCooper

DC is keeping the releases coming.

5. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

What I wasn’t expecting was the moment the wife apologized for constantly talking over her husband who was an expert on all things “survival”. I think that was the most unbelievable thing about the show. IRL, she never would have apologized :p

but, seriously, they really did their best to dumb the men down and make the women seem the most intelligent and capable, while simultaneously watching them fuck things up left and right. It felt as though the show is trolling itself. I loved Parker posey in it, so I am coming back for her. And the robot was probably the best thing in the show.

to clarify on the “trolling itself”, at the beginning it seems very “feminist” and very “girl power”, but if you watch it again, the women are capable at their respective skill sets and so are the men. The difference, is the women end up sabotaging themselves by trying to take over the husband’s position as survival expert. That, in turn, fucks things up over and over again. And the people who end up saving things and pulling things together are the father, the son, and his robot. So, it just felt like it was trolling itself. Which isn’t a bad thing. I like it when they flip the script midpoint and make it fun and entertaining.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

That oldest daughter was directly responsible for the death of one of the crew and no one punished her. They did the whole you can't blame yourself nonsense and all I kept thinking was no we should absolutely blame her. Smh

7. The Dark King

Don't forget the daughter killing all their fuel to save someone who was already dying and honestly why are grown experienced people taking orders from a teenager. I don't care how smart she's suppose to be she has no experience.

8. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Like I said, trolling itself.

9. SilverSmith

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Following last Thursday’s character posters, two new Birds of Prey posters are out.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  10. SilverSmith

New character posters from #WW84 .

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. SilverSmith

I see you, Wonder Woman, I see you!

12. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

To be completely honest the first Wonder Woman movie underwhelmed me but this trailer looks kind of interesting, although I thought the main villain was supposed to be Cheetah and not another Lex Luthor knock-off.

13. The Dark King

And this too will flop and will be blamed on men

14. SilverSmith

Yes, WW84 has two villians: Kristen Wiig's Cheetah and
    Pedro Pascal's Maxwell Lord. The latter has never been a captivating character. I would have favored long-standing WW nemesis, Giganta. The next movie, perhaps?

Birds of Prey flopping? [​IMG] That ain't gonna happen.

15. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Oh, fuck. I'm there opening day for this. Just hope it's better than the first one. It wasn't bad. it was just ... meh. Like Aquaman.

16. The Dark King

It'll be just like suicide squad insanely underwhelming because you have people living in ivory towers writing this stuff

17. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Just judging by the marketing I predict Wonder Woman 84 is going to be another successful movie but Birds Of Prey is going to flop. BOP looks awful and at the risk of sounding sexist I'm not confident that a movie with such hohum looking women as the leads will be successful.

18. RicardoCooper

Nailed it. People aren't paying $12-$15 to see these blase chicks they keep trying to foist on us

Actual hot women trigger the ugly broads and BBWs hence we get mediocre-looking actresses actors now

19. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

First hour of infinite earths in the books and all I got to say is damn so many unexpected moments from beginning to end, loved all the cameos hours 2 and 3 tommorow night. Can't wait!!!!!

20. RicardoCooper

Wonder Woman: Hot
    Birds of Prey: Not