Star Wars

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Thump, Dec 13, 2015.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

2. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

The poster matches the quality of the movie. Rumors are that the test screenings were so bad that people walked out.

Disney is sweating bullets about Episode 9 bombing.

3. SilverSmith

Oh, sure they are...naysayers be damned. [​IMG]

4. Frederick

Now that the franchise is back on track with The Mandalorian, guess who's upset?

Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 11.43.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 11.41.42 PM.png

This idiot didn't even watch the show.

The Armorer, who holds authority over the other Mandalorians, is played by a woman.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/11/the-armorer-the-mandalorian-emily-swallow

If this idiot Sarkeesian had bothered to listen to the dialogue should would have known. Clearly she just skimmed the first episode and assumed that the Armorer was a man because The Mandalorians don't take their armor off.
    [/spolier]

This shit isn't going to work though. Disney knows that they fucked up. It's rumored that Kathleen Kennedy is going to get booted out of the leadership position with Lucasfilm in favor of John Favreau.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...tends-kathleen-kennedys-disney-future-1256357

Iger already confirmed that the movies are going on hiatus after episode 9.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/24...g-the-rise-of-skywalker-according-to-bob-iger

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
  5. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

That lady is a well known professional media grifter. She is attacking the Mandalorian because any attention is good attention as far as media grifters go.

6. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

This could very well be true but you have to take videos from people like that with a huge grain of salt because they belong to the Youtube sphere of people who hate on any and all "woke" media. They are the same type of people who lost their shit about the racial sub-story of Watchmen.

7. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I say cool lets lose all feminist support. Then we can watch what we want and they can watch what they want. They spend all their time trying to destroy everyone else's good time because they are so unhappy

8. Frederick

No doubt, a lot of these "nerd culture" channels got fucked up politics. Most of the stuff regarding the failures of the Star Wars franchise is on point though.

The fact that there were substantial reshoots has been reported by legit media outlets for the past two months.

https://www.ibtimes.com/star-wars-episode-9-leaks-opening-scene-changed-during-reshoots-2846083

9. SilverSmith

Nothing to see here. The fact that you guys pay attention to every instance of manufactured outrage on social media is perplexing.

10. Frederick

Eh...I ususally ignore this shit, and this is first time that I've ever actually seen an opinion from that Sarkeesian person despite hearing her name for years.

Those tweets that she made defending the original shittakes went viral and kept getting retweeted by people that I follow.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
  11. SilverSmith

Available at booksellers and on Amazon now.

[​IMG]

Sample pages:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Frederick

Okay. There's been a lot of leaks going around recently regarding the plot of the Episode 9.

I was hesitant to believe them until I saw the trailer, which confirmed a lot of what people were saying.

Then I started lending the speculation some credence.

After this story, I totally believe the plot descriptions and the story about people literally walking out of the test screenings in disgust, which led to the reshoots.

Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 8.44.22 PM.png

Here's some videos detailing the leaked plot before and after the reshoots.

(Disclaimer: I'm not endorsing any of the other videos on this channel because this dude has fucked up right-wing politics, but he doesn't say anything out of order in these two videos and just details the plot leaks and how they correspond with the trailers. Also, I gotta admit, he's pretty funny.)

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  13. SilverSmith

New video chronicles the evolution of the Stormtroopers.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  14. SilverSmith

New Profile:

A decade ago, Gina Carano stepped away from combat sports to pursue an acting career and now finds herself starring in "The Mandalorian".

15. Frederick

Haha. Stars of the sequel trilogy starting to get vocal about how terrible it is.

John Boyega just did an interview talking about how he was pissed about what they did with character. Daisey Ridley made similar comments the other day

Boyega, Ridley and Oscar Isaac all said that they're done with Star Wars and Disney after the last movie too.

https://www.ladbible.com/entertainm...al-whether-theyd-return-to-star-wars-20191206

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

17. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I ain't getting no? This does not sound like Boyega at all. Fake news

18. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Boyega is the one who lost his script. He needs to keep his mouth shut.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

What does losing a script have to do with speaking your mind?

20. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

All these leaks allegedly came from Boyega's missing script. So, indirectly he's responsible for all the negative press for the last Star Wars movie getting so much negative press.

Boyega may have killed any future projects he might have with Disney.
    If it was me, I wouldn't be saying shit about anything.
    These folks paid you 7 figures to star in a legendary movie franchise. The least he can do is not bash the film.

I suspect JJ Abrams ripped Boyega a new asshole for losing his script, which is why he's trashing the movie.