The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Netflix has rolled out new key art for The Witcher with a month to go until the action drama premieres.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  3. ColiBreh1

4. ColiBreh1

5. ColiBreh1

6. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

7. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

I like that it was short. Same with "The Boys." Eight eps and out. I'm tired of these shows that go on and on.

8. RicardoCooper

Best sci-fi show on the air don't @ me

9. SilverSmith

Spoilers ahead.

10. SilverSmith

Marvel Comics is re-launching another major title for the umpeteenth time because, uh, why not? lol
    This is their marketing ploy to attract new readers.

11. SilverSmith

Today, Feral Interactive announced that Alien: Isolation, the AAA survival horror game, will be released on the Nintendo Switch system on December 5, 2019. Originally developed by Creative Assembly and published by SEGA, Alien: Isolation won multiple awards and was critically acclaimed for its tense, atmospheric gameplay.

VitalThrills

12. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I as well. I just thought Black Summer ended way too early based on what was going down in the season finale. But I'm excited to see how they sort all that went down out in the upcoming season 2.

13. RicardoCooper

Wow so their new ploy is to make Thor a man again. Is girl power waning?

14. RicardoCooper

Nah they're getting a season 2 so it ended on just the right note. 8 eps left you wanting more. Looking forward to it, I liked S1.

15. SilverSmith

The Jane Foster storyline concluded with her death over a year ago. This will be the second or third title re-launch (I've lost count) since then featuring the original character.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

HBO Max Instagram Account Likes ReleaseTheSnyderCut Post
    https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/11/21/hbo-max-likes-release-snyder-cut-post/

There's been a flood of support recently for the release of the Snyder Cut, which is, of course, the much talked about original cut of Justice League from director Zack Snyder. It's been going on for quite a while now, but recently many have come out in support of it, and we even theorized that it should come out and find a home on Warner Bros' upcoming streaming service HBO Max. It seems things are moving in the right direction if you read the tea leaves, or in this case, the follows of Instagram, as the Release the Snyder Cut account noticed a post from them was liked by the official HBO Max Instagram account. That same account is now following Snyder's official account on the service, and if you put those together, well, it certainly is interesting.

"After Warner Brothers now following Zack Snyder on Twitter again, and HBO Max liking my lastest post about it, I’d say we may have actually won this!! All of the noise that everyone in the #ReleaseTheSnyderCut movement made this past week, following the 2 year anniversary of the Justice League movie, and 2 year crusade for Zack Snyder’s original version, was in fact, the last push in getting @wbpictures to finally release it. I honestly think we did it. I’m expecting an announcement before the year is out. I hope I’m right! ??? @hbomax #ReleaseTheSnyderCut #ZackSnyder"

On the most recent episode of ComicBookNation, the possibility of a Snyder Cut of Justice League showing up on HBO Max came up in conversation. It would be quite the exclusive boon to help draw people to the service, and it's literally exclusive because no one else has access to it.

It would also be far cheaper to do that than release it for a theatrical run, though that could always follow in a special screening type situation if reactions to the cut are good.

Snyder's shared lots of little details, concept art, and storyboards from his original vision for Justice League, which featured not only Darkseid but also time travel, Green Lanterns, and more, so the curiosity appeal is there for the cut. Hopefully, we'll get to see it someday

17. ColiBreh1

Star Wars fans are mad after seeing this week's story:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-...s-and-novels-says-lucasfilm-president-a171739

18. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

19. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

The EU books are difficult to film, the comics are pretty easy to film. Combining previous work with the legends series should help. As well as dipping a toe in the old republic.

20. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Picking and choosing different elements of legends to incorporate is fine, just as long as they leave the really bad parts of legends were they are, like the fact that the EU introduced about 100 new human Jedis and every last one of them was white.