Star Wars

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Thump, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Just watched The Mandalorian episode 2, I'm really digging the western/samurai vibe and I'm glad they went with a completely different kind of musical score.

2. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

The composer did creed 2

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

I thought I was over Star Wars. Absolutely loved the first two eps.

Apparently feminists are bitching that their weren't any women in the first two eps (ignoring the female Mandalorian in the 1st episode). Maybe that's why it was so good. :p

https://twitter.com/Dataracer117/status/1195854755945484290?s=20

4. meowkittenmeow

3 women in the show already. I only know of 2 black men on the show, so I guess we should start complaining. On a serious note: Star Wars always had many parallels to modern society. Considering that the job is dangerous and men, overwhelmingly, do dangerous jobs in comparison to women, the ratios make sense.

but ya know... common sense and feminism doesn’t always go hand in hand. They don’t care how many black men or men of color there are just so long as they see a woman’s face... yet somehow decided not to go see Charlie’s Angels...

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

New Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker mag cover and stills.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. RicardoCooper

SJW Wars: The Final Chapter. Meh.

7. SilverSmith

New Dolby Cinema poster .

[​IMG]

8. SilverSmith

Lucasfilm and ILMxLAB’s Vader Immortal – Episode III will be available for Oculus Quest and Rift on November 21, rebel scum.

9. SilverSmith

New "Skywalker" TV spot.

10. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Won't be seeing this in theaters good luck to the sjw crowd. They finally have this all to themselves

11. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

It feels so crazy to feel more interest in a video game and a television show (Fallen Order and The Mandalorian) than a full-length Star Wars movie.

12. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

That's where we are they screamed so much about representation they're gonna get it but not in the way they wanted. What they wanted was to be more popular than men not equal to but more popular. They wanted to guilt and shame people into liking them they didn't want to compete they didn't want to make a better story they just think it's owed to them. At least with race all we as black people in particular black ever wanted was a fair shot. That's how we get a Black Panther hell even When They See Us was dope it was art that stood on its own no guilt trip. So if the only way you can create is by guilting us hell take it we'll make something better no worries.

13. RicardoCooper

Preach

14. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

Gibberish.

Are all the characters bi now?

15. meowkittenmeow

Fallen order was a great game and the Mandalorian is a fun watch.

16. RicardoCooper

They may as well be for all I care.

17. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

I think that the new trilogy sucks, but I actually like The Mandalorian. Also liked Rogue One. Solo was okay too.

Really liked The Clone Wars. It's probably the best instalment of the series next to the original trilogy. Surprised me too because I had no interest in watching an animated series as an adult, but it's actually more adult-oriented than the prequels were.

But yeah, I agree that Episode 9 isn't worth watching. I can't believe how bad The Last Jedi was. Makes The Phantom Menace look like high art.

18. SilverSmith

New international poster.

[​IMG]

19. RicardoCooper

Finn's head and pose don't match

20. SilverSmith

That's how he looks all the time. [​IMG]