Star Wars

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Thump, Dec 13, 2015.

1. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

None of this Star Wars stuff interests me anymore. It wasn't meant to be milked like this. Maybe I've just aged out.

2. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

Disney is making George Lucas’ slow deliberate rollout of content look like the instincts of a genius. Worse than brand fatigue, each “new venture” trots out nostalgia instead of an original concept. Where are all the good ideas?

3. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The reason you don't see good ideas is that storytelling has taken a back seat to social agendas and profit maximization. Some business analysts at Disney/Lucasfilm came up with the strategy to focus on acquiring "new" fans to grow the brand (females, millennials, kids, etc.) and they assumed the old fans would just go along with anything they did. Unfortunately, for everyone, this strategy was not thought out because "new" fans don't have the same loyalty that old fans had, and old fans can barely recognize the franchise they used to love. I predict that Episode 9 will do pretty well but overall the brand will continue to receive diminishing returns, which will prompt Disney to officially hand over the reins to Kevin Feige.

4. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Apt assessment of the failed methodology behind “Disney Star Wars”.

5. RicardoCooper

Star Trek Discovery is also chasing the elusive "new fans" while alienating the old.

6. meowkittenmeow

I haven’t watched the show. What are they doing?

7. RicardoCooper

I won't go into detail as this thread is geared towards Star Wars, but let's just say everything you know about Star Trek has been discarded by this new show..

8. meowkittenmeow

Wow, it actually sounds pretty good. I love it when entire shows focus on thinly veiled social and political issues...

This is why I haven’t watched blackish. I feel shows like that exist so that white liberals can get their weekly dose of white guilt, while trying to gain some “allies” points.

9. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Official new character posters for The Mandalorian series of the Mandalorian himself, Cara Dune, and Greef Carga.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. SilverSmith

At last, a new trailer for The Mandalorian is out today.

Here's how Disney describes the series: "After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. 'The Mandalorian' is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy, far from the authority of the New Republic."

11. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The Game Of Thrones showrunners Benioff and Weiss have "exited" their Star Wars trilogy project. They say that the deal they signed with Netflix is going to take up all of their time.

I personally think they were either scared off by Kevin Feige or Lucasfilm fired them because they were put off by the debacle of the last season of GOT.

If it's true that they just rather create something new at Netflix instead of being the architects of the next generation of Star Wars films, it really speaks to how far the Star Wars brand has diminished.

https://deadline.com/2019/10/star-w...id-benioff-d-b-weiss-exit-trilogy-1202771184/

12. SilverSmith

EA and Respawn Entertainment have rolled out the official Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order launch trailer.
    The third-person action adventure game is being released on November 15, 2019 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC via Origin .

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  13. SilverSmith

A new TV spot for The Mandalorian introduces the assassin Fennec Shand (Ming-Na Wen).

14. SilverSmith

Disney + is giving a sneak peek of The Mandalorian tonight during Monday night football on ESPN.

[​IMG]

15. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

She is Hollywood's go to Asian actress she's in everything especially everything sci fi

16. SilverSmith

Disney+ is offering one final look at the Mandalorian before the series premieres on the streaming service tomorrow, November 12th. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  17. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I just watched the first episode of the Mandalorian, I really enjoyed it, the end of the episode was very shocking (but not in a shitty way like The Last Jedi).
    Holy shit a baby Yoda!

18. SilverSmith

I found the first episode so enthralling that I watched it three times. The good news is that episode 2 goes up on Disney+ this Friday!

19. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Haven't been hooked on a Star Wars series since Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

20. SilverSmith

Streamed live on Nov 13, 2019.