BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I didn’t know that show was still on.

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

From what I understand:

1. They shot this new season 3 like two years ago.
    2. The reason it's airing on VH1 instead of MTV is because the producers left or something so the show was shopped it to different networks.
    3. It doesn't seem like MTV is doing original scripted programming anymore. I haven't seen or heard news, promos, trailers or etc. for MTV original scripted programming in like 2 years.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. meowkittenmeow

Hmmm... I wonder what MTV does now.

4. ColiBreh1

I just remembered last year it was announced that MTV plans to do a "Daria" revival series called "Daria & Jodie": https://deadline.com/2018/06/mtv-studios-daria-made-real-world-aeon-flux-revivals-1202414792/ & it was just announced last month that they're changing the name to just "Jodie" and that Tracee Ellis Ross will be producing & starring in it: https://deadline.com/2019/06/tracee...ce-daria-spinoff-from-mtv-studios-1202631736/

But according to the 1st link I posted:
    So this new "Daria" spinoff series, "Jodie", will airing on a streaming service instead of airing on MTV. According to Wikipedia, all of MTV's current original programming that actually airs on MTV is unscripted content: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programs_broadcast_by_MTV#Current_programming

5. meowkittenmeow

I see...

6. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Is that IR couple from Suits going to be intimate?

7. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

Well its official there will be a second season, the show is averaging 5.5 million viewers per episode, after the pilot which only had 500 k viewers, Lebron is also apparently a big fan of the show and tweeted for all his followers to watch, he can kinda relate since he is a son that is basically gonna be McKay soon. Zendaya confirmed she will be back so looks like it will pick up where this season leaves off.

Well I was doing some digging today and came across lots of interesting information about this show and where it is going, If you thought things were crazy in episode 1-4, episode 5-8 are going to blow your minds. And I am about 95% sure there will be no love triangle and in fact things for Cassie are going to get bad, and when I say bad I am talking Sansa and Ramsey Wedding Night Bad.

So according to the actress that plays Cassie (Sydney Sweeney) episode 7 will be her character's episode and we will be getting lots of background on her. So we might find out how she got that sextape put online. The title of the episode 7 is The Trials and Tribulations of Trying to Pee While Depressed. Now this could be referring to Rue because we know that her mom drug tests her or with Cassie being the focus of the episode she could be taking a pregnancy test.

I was on the reddit and someone pointed out that Daniel the guy from the carnival was basically eye fucking Cassie during the pep rally scene in episode 3 I believe there was a closeup of him doing it. They also pointed out that he hangs out with Nate and odds are he has seen the video of Cassie and thinks of her as Easy, and with what happened at the carnival it only added more fuel to to the fire. But here is the reason why I say it is going to be Sansa/Ramsey bad. I watch the trailer for season 1 just to see if I could learn anything from it and boy did I. I believe the whoever put the trailer together basically confirmed that Daniel is going to at least try and perhap succeed in raping Cassie.

At the 2:06 mark of the trailer there is a shot of Daniel very brief he is at a party he is holding a drink and has a very sinister and lusty look in his eyes, it quickly cuts to Kat but I don't think it is her he is looking at, but note the color of his shirt, a couple seconds later there is a very quick shot of Cassie, she is obviously in distress and you can see a guy on top of her, at first I thought it was McKay and it was the scene from episode 1 when he grabbed her throat and it looked like the guy was black. But if you look Cassie has some very elaborate eye makeup on so it is not same party, also if you pause it you see it is not a guy with no shirt on its a guy in a dark shirt, the same color shirt Daniel is wearing at the 2:06 mark and if you slow it down and pause you see the guy's hand. The hand is white.

So as fucked up as it is the story might end up being Cassie is pregnant with her rapists baby.

Now onto McKay, there is something obviously going on in this dude's world that we are not aware of and I came across some interesting stuff that will give us some insight to why McKay has been acting weird. So apparently the guy who plays McKay was not the original choice for the role, the actor who played him at first filmed the pilot but when he got the full script for the rest of the season and what happens he was uncomfortable about what he would have to do.

"
    For one actor, the graphic nature of the series was too much to handle according to some reports, so he quit.

That actor is Brian ‘Astro’ Bradley. He’s a former X Factor contestant and rapper, The Hollywood Reporter shared. Bradley, 22, was shooting the pilot when he decided he wanted to leave the show. The exact reason why he left hasn’t been revealed. The Hollywood Reporter noted that some sources said he was uncomfortable with some scenes that weren’t in the original pilot script."

Then there is this in interview with hater site the guy who replaced him Algee Smith, did
    https://hater site.com/1740292/hate...s-euphoria-sex-scenes-and-his-upcoming-album/

here is the key part
    How difficult was it doing all these sex scenes?

AS: One of the main things I talk about is — I won’t give it away but I have this scene in one episode and it really challenged me as a man to do that scene. It was an uncomfortable scene for me, but I had to learn how to separate myself and just be the actor because someone might be dealing with that type. I had to get over my masculinity issues, as a black man we often have to realize it’s okay to be in this position for a minute. It’s not something that makes you less of a man but some things we just don’t feel comfortable with, like some men don’t feel okay crying.

Some of the people on the fan board have theorized that McKay is sexually confused and that is why he is not claiming Cassie. I dont think that at all, the thing is we know he is pledging a frat and that weird shit happens during hazing, so I am think something went down during the pledge process.

Now we dont get any real information about how Cassie and McKay relationship plays out from this but could be a case where shared experience brings them closer together.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. ColiBreh1

I'm currently watching the 4th episode & I thought this new season 3 of "Scream" was gonna be trash just off the fact of the previous showrunners leaving & the show moving to VH1/pandering to it's VH1 audience by having Queen Latifah be an EP & having a majority black cast/schedule rollout.

[​IMG] But @darkcurry this is actually decent & way better than I thought it would be. It's perfect for a quick summer binge. It's an anthology series so you can just jump into season 3 & it's only 6 episodes. If you watched that "Slasher" show, you might as well binge this too.

9. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Thanks. Have to pick a day to check it out.

10. darkcurry

Is this what you're talking about?
    Cassie I think.png

It's hard to tell what's going on but it obviously Cassie in distress and danger.

The show is wild, but so far with the exception of Cassie and Mckay's relationship status at the moment they haven't got unrealistic. I will be interested in seeing what happens with Daniel. If they do that with his character they thought the show had backlash before they're REALLY going to get hit with it especially among white males because they already have a pretty fucked up white male character in Nate.

I'm teetering on the direction they are going with Cassie and McKay because I have said before black male athletes and girls like Cassie kind of gravitate towards each other. But we'll see. I think Algee Smith maybe talking about doing something WILD as hell in a sex scene. I'm with you it doesn't sound like the other thing.

I don't like to theorize, but my theory on Cassie and Mckay from what we know so far and how went from loving her to not wanting to claim her and in future episodes she is spending time with Daniel they're headed towards splitsville. Especially if Daniel did do that to her I don't see them focusing on a love story after that. But like I said the show is pretty good and well written enough where I'll watch how things play out.

11. ColiBreh1

I pretty much knew HBO had done it again & had a hit with "Euphoria" when I watching the premiere while reading the live-posting reactions elsewhere. You can't get them week-to-week discussions with Netflix shows & you can't get them documented group live-postings with any streaming-only service (It's gotta be a show that airs live on TV).

12. glt1980

Yeah that is what I am talking about
    this might be a little better a side by side comparison
    Daniel in a maroon shirt
    [​IMG]
    Same Maroon shirt, white hand, and even dark hair
    [​IMG]

in motion it is quick like 0.2 secs
    [​IMG]
    but you can see a guy on top of her she is terrified, and you can see the motion of the bed moving up and down. It also seems like she is waking up to find the guy on top of her.

I also noticed the guy who plays Daniel will only be in 6 episodes, he was in 2,3,4, we know he will be in 5 and 6 so that leaves episode 7 or 8, so if i am right this most likely happening in the next couple of weeks probably episode 6 because that takes place on Halloween and this seems to happen at a Halloween party and since 7 is a Cassie heavy episode I think that will be him getting arrested for it.

I agree that the direction they are taking Cassie and McKay makes no sense, and from what I gather on fan sites people are really hating on McKay for the way he is treating Cassie. Which is messed up because he seems like the one decent dude on the show.

Your right they do seem to be heading towards splitting up and I think that is happening soon probably episode 6. l

13. darkcurry

A lot of the characters have some fucked up issues and we will be finding about Mckay sooner or later. But he was supposed to be the one on the show with the less issues according to Zendaya so he may not have that much going on with him.

My theory judging by those 0.2 seconds and the fact that episode 7 says she was spending some time with Daniel is that she went to hook up with him. She probably told Mckay that she kissed him that night at the fair and that was the end of them right there. So yeah we have to see episode 6 because that is what I think is going to happen.

14. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

As someone who doesn't watch the show can someone tell me what the hell sport McKay is supposed to be good at considering his height?

15. JamalSpunky

LeBron has also been rumored to have done his share of DM-ing to a number of Instagram gals so maybe he shouldn't be admitting to watching this show.

Also go back to one of my initial posts about this show a few weeks back in which I touched upon what could be going on with McKay.

16. meowkittenmeow

Badminton?

17. ColiBreh1

McKay plays football. I don't remember if the show has mentioned what position he plays.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  18. JamalSpunky

Must be the kicker.

Look Algee is a talented, charismatic actor but in no way can I believe him as an elite football player. That's bad casting.

19. JamalSpunky

Not even tall enough for that. More like a ping pong player.

20. glt1980

Brain "Astro" Bradley was originally cast as McKay but he quit right after they filmed the pilot because he was uncomfortable with some of the things the character will be going through. They were kinda stuck the director loved Algee and wanted him for another role, but when Bradley quit things changed and he needed to be recast quick and by an actor willing to play the part with all the things that go with it.

Brain Bradley is 5'11". With his frame and height he would have been convincing as an elite HS WR/CB.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

As for what is going on with the McKay character, nobody really knows there is really not much information about him, but from what we do know we can guess.
    1. We know the character was suppose to be one of the top recruits in the country out of High school, in the trailer you see a shot of him signing his LOI with the cameras flashing all the things you expect of a top recruit. He went from that to not even being able to get a look from his coaches in practice let alone getting on the field. That kinda shift can mess up a guy who was the man a few months ago.
    2. The character is described as having a strained relationship with his father. We have not seen anything on this yet, we dont know if his dad is the type where nothing he did was good enough and this is what is causing his need for the approval of the guys in his life. Nate his best friend thinks Cassie is slutty he becomes weary, at the Frat party the president of the frat says Cassie is the baddest girl there he is all over her and tells her he loves her.
    3. Algee Smith said he filmed a scene that was a challenge to his masculinity, we have not seen this yet either nor do we know when it happens in the chronology of the show, it could be seen in week 6 but it might have happened in the past and it is effecting him now.
    4. I think Cassie is his first real gf, I think people have said he was a virgin before Cassie. Having a girl that is clearly more experienced can be intimidating.