BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I'm not going to count it as IR. Just noting that it IS IR though regardless. In the movie Shelter she ALSO played a drug addict and prostitute that was doing things with that security guard that was letting them stay in that building. I'm sure that's coincidence though because that movie was loosely based the homeless couple outside of their NY apartment.

But the main reason I pointed that out was JC was obviously very open with roles. And I think she did have another black love interest in a movie so I don't know what was missed.

I'm with @The Dark King and @ColiBreh1 on this about Sofia's race...BUT she did play up the latina part in the movie. I think John Singleton pander to the Black Gynocracy(lets start calling them that.) but not that much.

2. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

3. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

4. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

The first pics I ever saw the of her she had the same complexion of JLo. Is JLo also passing for white even though she has played an Italian on screen?

And excuse the quality of video of this clip but when you first saw this scene did you immediately think "oh, what a hot WHITE chick this is"?

Granted there are Greeks and Italians and Armenians and some Spaniards who have olive skin but are classified as white. But the semi or relative darkness of their complexions allowed them to play non-white Latinos for decades in Hollywood.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. darkcurry

Ahh! :) A Trip down memory lane with My Wife & Kids. Loved that show. That is where I first seen Sofia Vergara.

6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Real talk any man who can last more than 15 minutes (no cheating) deserves our utmost respect. That woman is a walking divorce case

7. ColiBreh1

Oh she definitely got a type. I"m watching the series premiere of "Grown-ish" right now & there's a series of scenes where they introduce her character Ana. The narrator/Zoey mentions Ana & her family are your typical devout Catholic White Cuban Republicans from Miami, BUT she has a "secret shame". The scene shown onscreen when it mentions her having a "secret shame" is Ana opening up her bible while lighting candles & praying. Hidden inside the bible is a picture of former president Obama with a love heart drawn over his face. She take the pic out of the bible to kiss it, hides the pic back in the bible, closes the bible & looks around to make sure nobody saw her.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Basically what church-going brothas did with Cindy Crawford in the 80s.

9. ColiBreh1

Watching the 3rd episode of "Grown-ish". I can't believe they used the word "Dicc" (in the context of bragging about sending dicc pics to females) on a Freeform show. Especially on a show that's a spinoff of network family sitcom.

10. darkcurry

It's on Freeform and I have heard the word 'shit' being used a lot on Cloak And Dagger so I guess they're trying to embrace the cable side. Not to mention I did see a sex scene on another show. They didn't show anything that would be considered "graphic" nudity but to your point Freeform is a part of Disney/ABC.

11. ColiBreh1

I think you can get away with saying a word like "Shit" or "Bitch" once or twice in a PG-13 movie/TV-14 cable show. But the line dude used, "Your dick will bring a woman to tears", is straight-up R-rated movie/TV-MA show content.

12. darkcurry

Yeah, well like I said at the tail end of that there was a full on sex scene on Freeform. I wish I could remember the name of the show.

13. ColiBreh1

Watching the 4th episode of "Grown-ish" & I just saw some annoying unnecessary pandering....

There's a scene where they're discussing how college athletes don't get paid despite how much these schools make money from athletic programs & Trevor Jackson's character Aaron, who is the resident woke SJW on this show, says something along the lines of "Once again, the system profits off the backs of the Black Man". After he says that the black female characters look at him to check him, than he cowardly says "or woman".

SMH, EVERY college women's sport is considered a "non-revenue sport". So Aaron had it right the first time.

EDIT:

LMAO, The star basketball player character went just put up a statline of 51 points & 13 assists at the end of the episode. That's so unrealistic because, CBB games are shorter than NBA games and CBB is more team-oriented than the NBA, so IRL star CBB players don't go off like star NBA players putting up 40-50 points in a game.

14. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Gina Mckee and Adrian Lester in the pilot episode of Starz' new series The Rook.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  15. darkcurry

Did you see the show? Can you tell us a little about it?

16. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I’ve not seen the show, so correct me if I’m wrong, but, isn’ this a show about a black girl? If you are looking for shows that do not pander, that is probably the last show you should be watching. I am also willing to bet that the writers room is full of boomqueeshas.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

I watched the moderately engaging pilot yesterday. The Rook is based on a novel about a clandestine group of officials and meta-humans working for the UK government. The protagonist is experiencing memory loss intentionally caused by a fellow agent. On the Drama, Action, Mystery Thread there are teasers.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. ColiBreh1

New upcoming Hulu sitcom "Four Wedding and a Funeral" from Mindy Kaling:

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. ColiBreh1

Bruh, I'm watching 10th episode right now & and I had to pause the episode at the 2:13 mark to comment in this thread because of how the plot is shaping up for this episode. The opening segment is about how a certain group of women are the least desired on dating apps especially by non-BM and the scene ends with 9 BW standing in a corner of a club drinking their drinks while they give death stares to a BMWW couple that walks by. The first 43 seconds of the scene after the opening intro before I pressed paused, the twin sisters are obsessing over all the BMWW couples in the club and questioning why don't BM date BW anymore.

EDIT:

Here are couple scenes from the episode:

20. darkcurry

Either I'm getting mixed up but it looked like the girl that was with the black guy was with somebody else later in the trailer.