IR in Music Videos thread

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Nellie, Apr 21, 2006.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Not much famous dudes don't count

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I'm confused, man. I thought we WERE talking about regular dudes

"If its not a black focused app no sir sorry there isn't. I'm not saying black men or women won't find matches but when competing against every other race and ethnicity most times no. There's a reason why we say twice as good to get half as far. We have to be insanely exceptional to be on par."

What was your point here? Because what I got out of it is that you think only perceived EXTREMELY good looking brothas can get with white women and "compete" with white guys in the dating market. That isn't always the case which is my point... but then you said "Not much famous dudes don't count" then you lost me.

3. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

WTH is going on here? Finding a woman isn’t difficult. If you take care of yourself, maintain some charm, and dress nicely, I promise, women of any race are not difficult to be with. There is a 5’8” guy making $50,000 a year, with bad credit cleaning up somewhere depending on the state or city.

Dating apps are all about presentation, it is a bunch of silliness, and the top tier don’t always date the top tier. 100% of people in dating apps are lying about something, which is why I avoid them. They are all insecure (regardless of race, gender, looks, or financial status). They are not difficult to get for black men. I will admit that statistically, black women and Asian men have it the hardest. But, it depends on the city and state.

I have no idea why people act like finding someone is so damn difficult. It’s too fucking easy because the bar is set so damn low. No one wants to get married, and everyone is trying to fill a void with sex, drugs, or shopping sprees. Getting laid, getting dates, are not a difficult task. Getting In a long term relationship without turning into a complete simp... that’s the difficult part for most.

4. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Most women want to get married at some point. But I get what you mean, we live in the “no commitment, just wanna have fun” culture.
    The last sentence lmao...I guess it’s a genuine fear for most men.

5. meowkittenmeow

Depends on the country. I avoid marriage like the plague.

6. Madeleine

Married men live longer and healthier, statistically ;):p!

7. meowkittenmeow

Statistically, The woman cheats at the 5th year of marriage, and the man cheats on the 7th year. Statistically, the marriage will end in divorce and she would get custody of the children and I would lose a majority of my wealth. Statistically, The lack of wealth brought on by divorce will drastically affect my healthcare options. Statistically, the loss of options will affect my health (as will the depression brought on by losing everything), and so will die early or have many age/stress/health related problems.

Your statistical data applies to weak men who need a woman to take care of them (basically mommy 2.0). I am not one of those men, so I will be just fine (most men in current society work to take care of themselves whether married or not). I suppose just like my great grandfather and grandfather (both died in their 90s and hadn’t been married for the last 40 or 50 years of their lives). So... yeah :)

For the record: your data is dated and based in the idea that people stay married (which doesn’t happen) and that men aren’t taking care of themselves like many baby boomers (many, not all). Statistically, women divorce a lot, even when factoring in the data of same sex couples, women divorce women over twice as often as men divorce men.

In addition to that, the programs for married couples with dependents, as well as the tax breaks, and the idea of “family man=company man” are plenty of the reasons why some of those men live longer. That, compounded with a combined income among educated spouses affords better health care and potentially better credit in better neighborhoods with better healthcare. So, that is understandable. I already reached that point without the need of another person’s income. Between being a disabled veteran, owning a couple properties, having a short career in accounting, as well as my larger returns on my trades and investments, I haven’t a need for such things. But, I would like to thank you for taking concern in regards to my health and well being.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  8. Madeleine

I was actually joking. However I can see you have done a thorough investigation and given it much thought, that’s good. Apart from that, marriage isn’t by force. Even the Bible said to count the cost. So if you can’t (or don’t want to) pay the price, by all means, leave it.

9. Madeleine

Interestingly, divorce rates have been falling again in both Germany (currently 37%) and Switzerland (36%). Highest point was at around 50% in the early 00s.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. meowkittenmeow

I’m an atheist. I understand it was a joke. It is a joke that I have heard many times. It normally comes from women hoping to shame me or coerce me into one day getting married. Considering that you are a married woman, I understood that it was all in good fun.

That being said, I let me position on marriage be known as it helps to avoid any confusion in future discussions. So, it is more of a declaration than an argument. :)

11. Madeleine

Lol...your position on marriage has been noted!
    There’s no point shaming or coercing someone into marriage...I wouldn’t want to be responsible for the resulting mess.

12. meowkittenmeow

Statistical data on marriage and divorce is often flawed. They often combine the married with the divorced. What they don’t do is factor in other variables. For example, factoring in the variable of those who have been married and divorced multiple times would drastically change the data. I believe they avoid doing that to paint a prettier picture in the hopes of marketing the idea of marriage, weddings, and so on.

Statistical data can be a useful tool, but it is limited in it’s use.

13. meowkittenmeow

Lol, if I was dim-witted enough to be coerced into it when I am so adamantly against it, I would probably deserve whatever mess I endured. ;)

14. Madeleine

I know statistics have their flaws. They were filing certain crimes committed by refugees and asylum applicants in other categories than usual to avoid a statistical increase and public outcry over certain crimes.
    In the case of marriage, I tend to believe it. I think it’s because a lower percentage gets married in the first place. Marriage is also not such a huge industry like in the US. Many just take a few people to the registrars office, sign the papers, go for lunch and call it a day.

15. meowkittenmeow

If broken down by demographics, I wouldn’t be surprised if the majority were older. The older people get married, the higher their chances are of staying together.

16. Madeleine

That too. Less people get married and the ones who do are above 30 on average.

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I agree that getting married is probably a bad idea if you don't want kids, but if you want at least one kid, it's probably a good idea.

18. Madeleine

You can’t imagine wanting to have a stable long-term partnership with someone?

19. meowkittenmeow

Marriage isn’t a requirement to have a stable long term partnership. In some cases, it can hinder the stability.

20. Madeleine

Marriage doesn’t hinder anything. It’s people’s mindset. And if someone has such fear of the financial commitment it’s actually possible to have a prenuptial. However I want to believe when I choose to take that step with someone I should be able to trust my own judgement of not needing a prenuptial with that person.