Upcoming IR slate

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by JamalSpunky, May 11, 2019.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

The Violent Heart

Jovan Adepo and Grace Van Patten

[​IMG]

Writer-director Kerem Sanga (First Girl I Loved) is behind the feature that is set just outside Nashville, Tennesse. It follows Cassie (Van Patten), a college-bound senior on the cusp of graduation, and her budding relationship with a local mechanic named Daniel (Adepo), who dreams of becoming a Marine. As they fall for each other, the details surrounding Daniel's tragic and violent past inevitably catch up with them.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/mary-j-blige-lukas-haas-join-romance-violent-heart-1181605

2. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Already listed on previous page.

3. darkcurry

I missed it. My fault. It came across my twitter feed this morning.

4. JamalSpunky

The Wedding Year

Tyler James Williams
    Sarah Hyland

[​IMG]

I'm certain this one has been posted before sometime last year. Now though it has picked up a distributor for US theatrical slate and has a slight change in its title. Hyland is executive producer.

Story as follows...."The story of Mara Hickey (Hyland), an LA photographer who has vowed never to get married. So, when she and her new ready-to-settle-down boyfriend (Williams) are invited to fifteen weddings in the same year, the pressure is on Mara to make some big decisions."

https://deadline.com/2019/05/the-we...udios-motion-pictures-acquisition-1202615477/

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. JamalSpunky

Invisible Man

Aldis Hodge
    Elisabeth Moss

upload_2019-6-22_13-22-36.png

[​IMG]

Remake of the horror classic from Blumhouse. Moss was cast first. Then came the casting of Storm Reid. Now Hodge was this week announced as the male lead. Is there something going on between his and Moss' character. I'm gonna say yes based upon this description:

Hodge will instead play the male lead, a cop and single father who cares deeply about Moss’ character, but is dubious when she starts talking about invisibility technology.

http://collider.com/the-invisible-man-remake-cast-aldis-hodge/

6. darkcurry

Or some sort of love triangle with the Invisible Man. Or just one of those instances where the guy likes her but she doesn't feel the same way.

7. JamalSpunky

Well, its not going to be a triangle at least because reportedly the Invisible Man is her ex boyfriend who used to beat her and whom she thought she had escaped from because he had died.

8. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Hard pass there is absolutely no chemistry there

9. JamalSpunky

Lol. Dude, you can't do that. Be fair. Wait until that damn film comes out. Ha ha.

10. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

WTH? Lol

11. Tsharp99

Tsharp99 Active Member

Exactly, I was thinking how can someone say something like that if they haven't seen the movie...LOL

12. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I'm an oracle with this shit. I call these flops out like dying fish. Dude is way too goofy looking for anyone to believe that girl would look at him twice unless he's sitting on billions. Nope gotta be fair fellas. Its going to be a lot of forced fumbling and awkward kissing. Mark my words.

13. meowkittenmeow

Lol, goodness...

14. darkcurry

When has THAT ever stopped studios with these white guys playing a love interest? lol.

Especially if they pick someone to play the title character of Invisible Man that is considered a hollywood heartthrob like Scott Eastwood. I don't remember much about the original Invisible Man but I don't think there was a love interest. But obviously remakes are made different so we will see.

15. JamalSpunky

I get your point but if the description of the script paints a scenario of the lead female trying to keep away from the crutches of a dangerous boyfriend who had rushed out domestic violence upon her and he is not the male lead but more clearly a villain, then I can feel secure in guessing the movie won't waste time sending out a message that the female lead should be still romantically drawn towards him. This is obviously a spin on the original Invisible Man story, not a faithful adaption. It's going to be different, perhaps with a more feminist slant.

16. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

At least wait for the redband trailer released on YouTube lol!

17. darkcurry

Adrian Holmes will play one of the title roles in Netflix's V-Wars
    [​IMG]

Most of the main female cast is White and Asian

Jacky Lai, Laura Vandervoot, Kimberly-Sue Murray
    [​IMG]

And Sydney Meyer
    [​IMG]

Synopsis:
    In the series, Ian Somerhalder will star as Dr. Luther Swann, who enters a world of untold horror when a mysterious disease transforms his best friend, Michael Fayne (Holmes), into a murderous predator who feeds on other humans. As the disease spreads and more people are transformed, society fractures into opposing camps pitting normal people against the growing number of these “vampires.” Swann races against time to understand what’s happening, while Fayne rises to become the powerful underground leader of the vampires.

18. meowkittenmeow

Is it a show or a movie? I am trying to figure out how many episodes or minutes it will take before they kill him off.

19. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

How do you know there is actually gonna be an IR involving Adrian Holmes's character on this show? There's nothing in the casting news that you just posted that indicates that. By that logic, we can post about any upcoming TV show that has a black male character in the regular cast with no mention of him having a love interest.

@JamalSpunky We really counting this?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  20. darkcurry

Show.

According to the Comic he is one of the main characters.

And on the show he is in all 10 episodes according to IMDB
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7403736/

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019