BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Reminds me of a few friends of mine. As they aren’t American and aren’t native english speakers they informed me that they couldn’t understand Luke Cage. They asked me why the name of the show was Luke Cage, but he was barely in it. lol, I still think about that sometimes.

I finished Jessica Jones. It was a fun ride.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Just finished ep. 4 of Jessica Jones and I'm liking it a lot so far. It's...different. Doesn't start off like a typical comic book show in terms of setup but that's not such a bad thing. Really, really loving what they are doing with Malcolm so far. The character has had quite an arc. I appreciate especially how he has had a relationship of some sort with all three WHITE female lead characters. He is defined in many ways by his experiences with them. The only thing hurting the show this weekend is that I have also been tuning into Chernobyl for the first time as well and, fuck, everything looks far inferior to that HBO masterpiece.

Of course I came across a bit of a conversation on twitter involving this black chick named Film Fatale or something like that. She started to hate Jessica Jones as soon as it was revealed that Jessica killed Luke Cage's wife and that she wasn't honest with Luke about it at first. It gave her a reason to declare the Jessica/Luke affair as a problematic relationship that shouldn't go any further. She also led this online criticism of the show's first season for not having more women of color (translation : black women) and how unhappy she was with the couple of black ladies that did appear on the show. She wanted more black female characters on the show, as if that should be some sort of priority. Its an interesting thing I noticed about black ladies. They hate white women but want shows with white females leads to be stuffed with black female best friends and shit. Get the fuck out of here. Anyway of course many other black women agree that JJ show was only addressing white feminism and ignoring the feminism of black wo----er, I mean women of color. And of course plenty of non-black women, having to always side with their Social Media Mammies, chimed in and agreed. And what I loved about the JJ showrunner, a white chick, was that she pretty much ignored that pushback (she was ambushed in an interview by a white journalist who blitzed her about it a bit) and kept doing her thing. In the second season she simply gave more opportunities to men of color!

Anyway going back to the conversation I referred to, one black lady on twitter, in an exchange with Film Fatale, wrote the JJ show off as a show about white supremacist feminism. What ? Really? There is nothing white supremacist about those main characters; they just happened to be white women and the roles for black women are relatively minor. These same people didn't say shit about the Luke Cage denying even the existence of white women.

Again, I love this showrunner, especially in her depiction of black men. Luke Cage made his first appearances on this show and he was presented as a more thoughtful character than he had ever been in the comics. And Malcolm may end up with the best arc of anyone on the series. Meanwhile don't think I haven't noticed that the two young, attractive white female leads (jessica, Trish) both fucked black dudes. Jessica doing so was expected considering her comic book history. Trish though was a welcome surprise.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. meowkittenmeow

This season felt a little darker. Kind of like a “Detective Noir” kind of thing. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

4. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

People tried to make Jessica Jones a feminist icon when the second season hit simply because she was a badass chick with an attitude and super powered. But Melissa kept this show as raw as possible with the main villain being a female mass murderer(which they touched on in season 3). So this whole white supremacist feminist delusion is just that...a delusion.

Jessica Jones showed female power and stayed diverse without being preachy or snide about it. Which is why she(Melissa) also made sure to let the audiences know of the main characters problems that comes with their strength. The evolution of Malcom and Trish is a good example of that we are seeing in Season 3.

I commend her on what she did with the Luke Cage character when he was on the show.

5. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I just realized that HBO's "Euphoria" premiered tonight. I didn't know the show was produced by Drake.

LOL, isn't that Film Fatale chick the same chick whose tweets we discussed in the big thread where we discussed the fake outrage about 2017 film "Detroit"?

Also watching that WoC-BW wordplay, play out in the media & social media is always funny to watch. People can easily be manipulated & fooled by the wordplay because WoC literally has multiple meanings based on the context you see it used.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  6. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Yoooo "Euphoria" is lit :)

I look forward to future episodes of this crazy teen drug-crazed, sexually- deviant series

7. meowkittenmeow

How lit is it?

8. ColiBreh1

According to @Young Herschel on the IR-Tube forum:

I just watched it on HBO Ondemand and it is no holds barred drugs and sex, interracial, anal, blowbangs and bareback (in the swimming pool while surrounded by adolescent party goers). I'm definitely tuning in next weekend [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  9. meowkittenmeow

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  10. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

WTF? Sounds like some creepy voyeuristic pedophile shit. Why would a dude in his 40s be so into adolescent interracial "couples" fucking? That shit is beyond disturbing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  11. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Again gotta love Canadians.
    I think we are getting to the other side of this where we can just mute the loud mouth nonsense. Again showing its not about equality its about dominance

12. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Oh? Can I introduce you to the works of Shakespeare hell even John Hughes?

13. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

It's not even about the show.

I was referring to the creepy and highly inappropriate comments from a 40 something year old dude who sounds like he has some kind of fetish for watching underage kids (or "adolescents" as he put it) having sex. It's disgusting.

And yes, I'm familiar with Shakespeare's and John Hughes' work, but the adolescent subject matter never struck me as whacking material for grown ass men.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. darkcurry

(Disclaimer: For those that can watch Euphoria for what it is.)

The first episode is controversial, bold, eye opening and a in a 'F your feelings' kind of way gives you a raw portrait of a lot of Teens just as KIDS did. But I like how they did NOT make this show(or at least the pilot) a glorification as the PC crowd wants to keep pushing. This was an art imitating life view at some troubled and good teen kids and it looks like The IR couple Mckay & Cassie although a little wild as expected themselves are good kids trying to navigate as teens in this generation.

(I read that Zendaya wanted it to be important for Mckay to be the less wild of the bunch.)

sidenote: Sydney Sweeney, 21(Cassie) is Sexy As Fuck! I was not expecting that drop.

15. LMFAOOOOOOO

16. Guys I have a good feeling about the IR representation in Euphoria because Drake’s producing it (or generally has a hand in its creation) and the reason why I like that it’s specifically him is because he HIMSELF is mixed and he sometimes has talked/rapped about growing up feeling confused while being mixed race, so I’m hoping unlike most shows that mixed race couples will finally be presented as “okay” and “should be encouraged” because it’s Drake (and the power he holds).

Btw, I’m not saying put ALL your faith in him but simply that it’s a good sign.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  17. darkcurry

Well in the previews of this upcoming season they're shown together a lot as their relationship seems to grow.

Don't forget Cassie is a freak! lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. ColiBreh1

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/06/17/jessica-jones-season-3-review-netflix

19. JamalSpunky

Hmmm. Maybe.

20. JamalSpunky

There were guys on Reddit doing a countdown to the days she would expose her tits. It was known ahead of time thanks to an article which revealed she would go naked in episode one. Some dudes have been waiting on this I suppose as far back as when she first earned attention on that Netflix show Everything Sucks! I suppose her IMDB ranking will skyrocket.

Oh, and be forewarned, bros. I don't want to give anything away but there is a reason why the actor who originally had the Algee Smith role bailed on the show. I read some spoilers about the character's journey and if true some of you may not like where it may be headed.

I have no interest in the show except for Sydney and Alexa Demie but even they aren't enough to make me watch this.