BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Speaking of those IR compilation videos this is one of my favorites. At the 2:15 mark is the Jessica Jones part and what could've been. :( It started off so right and could've been so epic!

2. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

just daytime soaps. Even Hollywood movies do a better job than soap operas and that's saying something.

3. JamalSpunky

Colter does appear in season three based on an Instagram post of his so we shall see. I blame any non resolution on the relationship on the showrunner of Luke Cage.

4. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member

Well in "The Defenders" it hints towards their strong bond, I mean they were endgame but even in the comics Luke Cage and Jessica screwed around before finally settling down with one another.

5. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Netflix put out this featurette today for the upcoming season 3 of "Jessica Jones":

I'm guessing that quick clip with Luke Cage is supposed to be in the upcoming season.

6. darkcurry

I understand what they wanted to do in developing the Luke Cage character and I agree with most of what they did with the exception of how they were handling the Jessica Jones arch relegating her to a sidepiece. But I said this before it would've been difficult for them to maintain that love story with them being on two completely different shows. The showrunnners for JJ and The Defenders gave her character more heart and desire to be with him while Luke Cage showrunner did not, but left the door open in what was now the series finale in season 2 when Luke was officially done with Claire. Now we may never know unless Jessica Jones' writers were able to write an ending that will surprise us all. It's the last hope. lol.

One of the things I love about Jessica Jones, Krysten Ritter and everyone behind that show was they were SUPER diverse and SUPER IR friendly. It's rare a popular TV show sticks with an IR arch like Jessica Jones has with both the female lead and female supporting character(even though she was highed up she actually did care for Malcom.). So kudos to Melissa Rosenberg.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  7. ColiBreh1

Which is why when "Iron Fist" & "Luke" Cage" were cancelled, I was looking forward to those 2 shows being replaced by a "Heroes for Hire" show.

8. ColiBreh1

I got 3 episodes left in the 1st season of "Superior Donuts". Clearly some "Woke" black person is behind the show with how much they seem to focus on black issues when it comes to gentrification. I'm sorry but Social Justice/being "Woke"/black victimhood complex doesn't make for entertaining TV, it just comes off as an afterschool special.

Hopefully the show cools it down in the 2nd season, with the black lead having an actual love interest to focus on.

What TV show or movie are the 2nd & 3rd pics from?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  9. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

10. JamalSpunky

No, I'm pretty certain that was from season one. Why would they spoil Luke's return in this video before any announcement of said return?

11. ColiBreh1

The Hollywood Reporter put out this this interview today with Francia Raisa:

LOL, Have any of y'all read what they're saying in the comments in any of these "Grown-ish" promotional clips/interviews I've posted in this thread? I noticed they all seemed to garner a ton of views, but I ain't read the comments. When season 2A was airing earlier this year, I remember seeing a video from a blacc female going off about how she's against this Aaron (a.k.a. "Woke Bae" to the black female fanbase of this show) & Ana 'ship.

12. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

Marvel really dropped the ball with their Netflix shows - each had a ton of potential but, Luke Cage onward was mediocre programming at best sans Daredevil Unlike the movie version of the MCU, each series drifted deeper and deeper into bloated, melancholy, slow dialogue. Also, the production seemed to get cheaper and cheaper. Finally, they should've kept the Luke/Jessica thing going because the actors work so well together that once they were on separate shows - both lacked vitality and dynamics that were worth watching. Luke and Missy was good, Luke and Claire was boring. Jessica with her S2 love interest was a snooze. For the cost and quality, Netflix wasn't wrong to cancel them.

13. darkcurry

14. darkcurry

It's what's selling. People care for art to fit their political agendas rather than let these characters be as we are; different. Art imitates life so having characters deal with social issues is okay and completely in the right to do. But when it gets preachy and becomes political propaganda then art becomes inorganic (see The Handmaid's Tale) and that is when it gets annoying because you know why they're doing it instead of just letting these characters deal with social issues organically.

15. ColiBreh1

So supposedly there's a petition for a black "The Bachelor". I saw this tweet:

https://twitter.com/RickyRawls/status/1136407669391155200
    [​IMG]
    https://shadowandact.com/fans-are-a...contestant-to-become-the-first-black-bachelor

I gotta agree with Ricky Rawls. That "Representation Matters" segment of Black Twitter HATES straight black men (Which why I always cringe when @qaz1 starts talking about Representation Matters in media) and niggas don't care about "The Bachelor", so I was wondering about the demographics of the petition.

16. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

She has a nice booty.

17. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

^^I'm not gonna hold my breathe but we'll see if eventually he gets the gig . . . hell that black legal analyst on ABC was originally a Bachelorette contestant and the powers that be at ABC still haven't called him up right . . . all these years later lol

18. ColiBreh1

ABC dropped a new promo for "Stumptown":

19. JamalSpunky

I don't know of this video but look there have been like 20 daily daytime soaps over a 50 plus year period on network TV. There are bound to be some relationships between black men and white women. There just hasn't been enough of them, not even close. I doubt Kelly Monaco was in that video. Haven't kept up with GH for the most part but I doubt she found some IR loving on that show. And she definitely did not on "Port Charles", the soap she was initially on. Come to think of it the fact that GH and Port Charles existed in the same city of the same universe and that their characters crossed over into each other's shows, how stupid is it that Monaco played two different characters on each show?

Sorry, I got sidetracked.

20. JamalSpunky

The showrunner of Luke Cage said explicitly and unsolicited in an interview that he is could end up ignoring any development or interaction from "The Defenders" as he saw fit. He was the only showrunner of the four Marvel Netflix series to blatantly assert his authority like that and make it public to boot. My opinion about that was that was a pre-strike for any potential Luke-Jessica development that occurred on The Defenders. I could be wrong but I retain my suspicions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List