BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Still...it says something about how Hollywood works and the white male ego that they recast the character with an actor who is more charismatic and arguably better looking. It is as if TPTB don't want black male Michael Ealy to badly outshine the closest thing to a white male leading character. This is completely different when they cast black men in supporting roles and don't blink or flinch if the black dude is at best average looking white the white guy looks like an Aryan god. You gotta keep an eye on these inconsistencies.

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Oh, I know that. His question was more about the fandom. Hollywood still has it's uncomfort with straight alpha black males but fans as we have seen with them lobbying hard for Raphael and Hope on Legacies, Ty and Tandy On Cloak And Dagger, How they fell in love with Jude on Sacred Lies, and so on; the fans have become more IR friendly and more into the brothas than the white guys. That will lead to big changes in Hollywood especially with more IR shows and movies on it's way.

So I see the producers MAYBE creating a love triangle but since his character has a crush on her and their relationship is described as platonic and we have already seen her and Ealy's character getting busy in that trailer....I'm guessing it will be kind of like Supergirl in the first season with Kara, James and Winn. And fans HATE love triangles so it will backfire on them if they take it too far.

Michael Ealy I guarantee you is more of a hit with the ladies than my man Jake. lol. He has an underrated big female following. The hashtag and the twitter handle for Stumptown has attracted women swooning over him.

3. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

4. darkcurry

5. darkcurry

The Season Finale Of Cloak And Dagger aired earlier and I won't give too much away, but the last 2 minutes and the showrunner himself confirms the start of #Tyrandy

https://twitter.com/decider/status/1134263757385936896
    The cast also spilled on twitter during the livetweeting broadcast of the finale the confirmation of a season 3 even though they weren't suppose to. lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear this bad news for so many Black actors and others from "The Village". I really hope Grace Van Dein (beautiful little white princess . . . who has real royal bloodlines to some dynasty in the Netherlands) gets her spot back on "The Greenhouse Academy" or goes out for future IR romantic roles and projects :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  7. darkcurry

(Don't watch if you haven't seen the entire episode of Cloak And Dagger yet... or do. lol.)

This ending to Cloak And Dagger is all over the internet. That last 30 seconds was one of the realest beautiful moments of a friendship turning into something else.

Waffles. Duh.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. ColiBreh1

Edit your post. How are supposed to know what show you're talking about before clicking on the spoiler if you don't mention it.

9. darkcurry

Good lookin' out. lol. I thought I had wrote it. That's why I like to double check before I post things online. smh.

10. ColiBreh1

I got 1 or 2 episodes left in each of "For the People" & "Whiskey Cavalier". So I think I'm gonna binge "Superior Donuts" next. I completely forgot about this show & posting about it. The only reason I remember is because of "Fam".

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  11. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Ah, now I remember her shes's on Doom Patrol now.

12. ColiBreh1

Freeform just released these clips for season 2B premiere of "Grown-ish" airing this upcoming week:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  13. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member

Okay that got me to smile

14. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

On the latest episode of the long-running CBS soap opera The Young & the Restless, Dr. Nate Hastings (Sean Dominic) and socialite Abby Newman ( Melissa Ordway) go on a first date.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  15. ColiBreh1

Post-show interviews from after episodes 8 & 10 of Season 2A:

1 more clip:

16. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Don't trust it. Never put faith in a soap opera to have any stake in a relationship involving a black man and white woman. These relationships, when they rarely pop up, fizzle out quickly or get put on the backburner or the couple is rarely seen soon after they pair up. Making them a central story in which they get all the complications, jealousies, hot sex scenes and screen time that goes hand-in-hand with being a key pairing has been extremely rare for BM.WW hookups. As good as a rep as Y&R has for its African American characters and families, it's track record for this type of pairing has been extremely disappointing. They had the biggest black male stars for a long time and continually failed to explore that route. Lets not forget Abby had a black boyfriend before in Tyler and yet the two, despite both being gorgeous looking people, barely got a sex scene before they broke up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. ColiBreh1

Is this specific to just daytime soaps (Which I don't care for at all) or are you including primetime soaps too?

18. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

When it comes to Abby Newman and catastrophic relationships, history often repeats itself. Perhaps this time it's going to be substantially different. I'll go as far as predicting that by the end of next week he'll get her naked. [​IMG]

19. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

They received an engagement party thrown by Victor Newman the series patriarchal figure . . . I recall a few T-shirt and panties bedroom scenes right? They shared an apartment for awhile :). This actress who plays Abby Newman don't seem opposed to interracial acting roles so its a wonder why she wasn't cast as a paramour for Dixon Wilson while she starred on 90210 . . . remember she was Ivy 2.0 in season 5 but the showrunners let Liam hit it (SMDH)

20. darkcurry

lol. I think there are some. I remember this old IR compilation video that has showed hot steamy love scenes with white women and black men on soap operas. They took that account down, but I think the videos are still somewhere around the internet. I remember one with Kelly Monaco.

And I could be wrong but wasn't there an IR marriage as well?