Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I seen some of the movie and that is how their characters look you guys. lol.

2. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Hope he took full advantage like a mainstream white director and leading man would too . . . now that would indeed be progress ;)

Don't pull out either . . . those Casting couch Caucasian Hollywood big shots finish with a fury lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member

New Detective Pikachu co-stars in a commercial together seeming very friendly. Wonder if this flirtation will continue in the film?

4. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Hope he gets lovin in that flick.

5. Young Herschel

^^She's super cute and I hope for a sequel if more people rent it. She goes to bed with Cuba that much is clear . . . what happens while in bed is still questionable to m because she could be just honoring his memory since she was underaged?

6. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

So he's a statutory rapist in the film?

7. darkcurry

I doubt it. This looks like a buddy film when it comes to the relationship between these characters.

8. Young Herschel

You are going to have to watch "Bayou Caviar" and make your own determination. Its a good rental. I'm glad I found it by chance on Starz but you can order it or watch OnDemand.

Lia is a lady I am looking forward to seeing again :)

I don't want to spoil how everything went down though . . .

9. Target 02

Target 02 Active Member

Does Famke get down?

10. Young Herschel

^Yes but that is kinda how she gets her feelings hurt and it jeopardizes the blackmail scheme Cuba is running against the Russian mafia . . . just rent it and you won't be disappointed.

11. Elklodge

The new Olivia Wilde directed film "Booksmart" has one of the main characters pining over a black man. Also MAJOR SPOILER
    Eventually it's revealed that her black crush is with another woman who is a blonde white girl which devastates both main characters.

12. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Trailers:

13. darkcurry

Well the trailers made no mention of that, and made it seem like they were both into girls.

But Olivia Wilde has been IR Friendly in her career as an actress so it probably carried over as an Director.

Also the feminist hypocrisy seems more hilarious than the plot and one-liners because the raunchy and sexual shit they complain about with guys they seem to be celebrating two women doing it. That Panda part was NASTY! lol.

14. Elklodge

lol I wouldn't call Olivia Wilde a ravenous feminist. The movie actually kinda pokes fun at the girls for being a bit too feminist, that's kind of the point. They're living in a bubble and when it comes down to it them living in that bubble is causing them to miss out on life. One of them is gay the other is not.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

To me it looked like one was gay and the other just pretended to be gay to mess with her parents. Maybe I missed it?

16. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Nor would I. But how was the movie overall?

17. darkcurry

I wasn't referencing Olivia I was talking about all of the feminist of hollywood raving over and celebrating this film. I thought this was some family friendly strong female film the way they were talking, until I seen those trailers and the R rating. lol.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. Elklodge

On par with films like "Superbad" and "License to Drive" it's one of those films that anyone under the age of 23 is going to watch over and over again. Instant cult classic imo some very funny parts and nice subversion in places.

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  19. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I actually got a chance to watch it. I enjoyed it and agree with your assessment. I especially enjoyed the subversions. Refreshing.

20. Young Herschel

Last edited: May 29, 2019