Game of Thrones & GOT Spinoffs

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Max Mosley, May 26, 2011.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Her destroying her enemies sure but innocent people running for their lives? Where did we see examples of this as fans. That's more of a Cersei move. I guess I'm slow because the logic don't track.

2. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Already explained it to you in my reply to you previously. And entitled people going crazy and killing many innocent people tracks in our society and in fictional ones. If we don’t agree on this, that’s fine. Our experiences or lack of experiences ultimately affect the conclusions we make. We draw different conclusions.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  3. meowkittenmeow

4. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

I've been disappointed with the last two seasons of this show, but I didn't really start to get as pissed as everybody else until I started watching this brother's videos on season 8.

I actually don't have a problem with Danaerys going crazy. It's just the shit character development. I'm talking across the board, not just her. What they did to Tyrion in the show after he murdered his father and fled Westeros makes even angrier.

7. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Please explain Cersei the prior episode when she apparently knew she wanted to kill Daenerys' Chief of Staff, Missandei . . . explain the writing by Dumb & Dumber having Cersei kill Missandei only to allow a foreseeable furious Daenerys' slowly turn and stagger back to her dragon and presumably out of firing range of her archers and ballistas . . . defend the writing please make it make sense as Tyrion just specifically told Cersei her unborn baby would die unless she surrendered and went back to Casterly Rock??

8. meowkittenmeow

Lol, I have explained a bunch in my past replies and left a video up to explain other things. I don’t personally work for the show. So, if you are looking for more answers, you might want to join Twitter, and take out your frustrations on the various writers and show runners. Because this is starting to get a bit ridiculous.

9. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Uummm..........GoT/ASOIAF is based on medieval Europe, not ancient times Europe. Although there are references to ancient times Europe in Essos in the books & I think even on the show, it's always in past tense.

10. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

The writing is shit and has been shit since season 6, probably season 5. No Daenerys' behavior in "The Bells" makes no reasonable nor foreseeable sense . . . a violation of her core values we have come to know for over 7 seasons. There is no defending this shitty work by Dumb & Dumber. Too much implausible screenwriting since GRRM stepped away from the executive production of Game of Thrones post S4. Dan & Dave got their next gig lined up and greenlit, earned multiple Emmys and their paychecks sooooo . . . they clearly don't really care as much anymore at this late date

They clearly don't really care and have written as much shitty shit shit they want as they head out the door

They just write whatever shitty shit shit they want as t

11. meowkittenmeow

I didn't think I would have to quote myself, but, "take out your frustrations on the various writers and show runners. Because this is starting to get a bit ridiculous."

That being said, you aren't the only one who feels that way. Many long time viewers and, of course, one actor in particular.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

"They say every time a Targaryen is born, the gods toss a coin and the world holds its breath."

- Lord Varys The Burnt [​IMG]

13. Frederick

I've been disappointed in the last two seasons, but I wasn't really as pissed as some other people are until I started watching this dude's season 8 videos.

If you haven't already checked out this channel, you should sub to it. It's one of the better sci fi related channels on YouTube, and the dude who runs it is a brother.

14. The Dark King

Thank you
    The flip made no damn sense it's lazy. That's why its a story its suppose to have continuity every other shocking episode made sense. The red wedding was shocking but it made sense you don't go back on a promise and expect to walk away from it. Sand snake vs the mountain you don't dialogue while victory is in your grasp. The purple wedding you can't treat everyone like garbage and expect to walk away from it. There was consistency. Like you said they won all their awards got their money and had the worst kind of senioritis
    There's no way this series ends well.

15. The Dark King

is it ridiculous when so many see the same lazy writing? None of it made sense or showed any kind of creative writing

16. Frederick

The funny part is that I've been expecting an unsatisfying ending the entire time. But I was expecting the fan favorite characters to get screwed over at the last minute because that's just what kind of world the books/show take place in.

It never even dawned on me that the ending would suck because the producers of the show screwed it up.

Regardless, I'm glad that I kept my expectations low even though it was for the wrong reason.

17. meowkittenmeow

It’s ridiculous to come to me with all of the questions and frustrations like I wrote the GOTdamn thing, lol.

18. The Dark King

It was discourse friend

19. meowkittenmeow

LOL, you guys are heavily invested in the show. I opted out of the discourse a few pages back. But, people needed to vent. I get it. Venting to me isn't going to fix anything. I like the actual story, but it would have been uber expensive to make 22 episode seasons for 15 seasons. As far as the show, I'm going to be real with you, buddy... it was the exorbitant amounts of ass and tiddies. So, I get that they messed over your beloved character, I really do, but if you could stop trying to convince me one way or the other, I'd appreciate it. Because I am only replying to people, I am not heavily invested. Now... nerdz lounge, on the other hand, that I am more than up for.

20. The Dark King

Its not so much a heavy investment as its a slap in the face to give us garbage like that. If you present a defective product after giving a good one there will be feedback. No one is losing sleep over this and I'm sorry if you think we were trying to convince you of anything just rebutting your points