The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I don't want to take this off-topic too far, but all I'll say is I'am well aware how much power dominates in any fight. Obviously if he lands a punch on her face it's over. But I seen better technique and speed out of Nunes than Cormier. She don't have to knock him out to win a MMA fight. Street fight will probably be different.

Reminder Im speaking on Cormier specifically. This is not a male of female thing. I don't trust HIS style against hers. I could be wrong of course and will eat that. But like I said I think Jon Jones will destroy her and so will a sea of other bigger males in the sport.

Cormier is about to get destroyed by Lesnar. lol.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

If you actually think she can go 25 minutes with Comier and not get hit in the face. We can end this discussion here. LOL.

You talk about Comier like he is a 20 year heroin addict that just walked into the octagon and decided he wanted to fight.

I'm dead.

3. darkcurry

No I'm not.

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Fam what you're saying is like saying Sheryl Swoops could beat Tracy Mcgrady.

5. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Anyone watching Silva v Adesanya?

6. darkcurry

No I'm not.

7. darkcurry

lol. I get the feeling some of you are more so shock that I said a woman can compete in a fight when I clearly broke down their skills and attributes to as my reasoning. It really has nothing to do with Gender. I think Tyron Woodley could beat some of these heavyweights including Cormier.

But If I'm wrong and it's not about gender with some of you then please name the female fighters any of you think can compete against one of the male fighters. But if it's solely based on gender then okay let's stop right there and stop derailing the thread. lol.

8. The Dark King

You're saying her skills are so amazing she has the ability to beat a top notch male. No?

9. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Don't worry about derailing this thread, it's been tried more times than I can count, and it always makes it's way back to the nerdy stuff.

I'll say one last thing about this and then I'm tapping out (pun intended) We can't take gender out of the equations because it's the gender differences that inform our opinions. If you plugged their skills, attributes, strengths, and weaknesses into the PUNCHATRON-2000 fight computer, I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that 95/100 simulations would come back with Cormier as the winner, non-existent computer numbers don't lie.

10. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Kudos for trying to "both sides" it but Daredevil (heightened character in a universe where powers are real) or Bruce Lee (kung-fu master) beating up multiple bad guys is way more realistic than a supermodel waif doing the same, sorry. No amount of shaking your fist at the sky will change that, lol. If the female character was specially trained or powered, I can see it, like Buffy or Colleen Wing or Black Canary etc. I've seen good looking cops in real life, but not in action taking down big dudes.

11. The Dark King

Lol shit good point

12. RicardoCooper

Mofos straight up waging war on reality itself now

13. The Dark King

Yeah I didn't consider the examples before you mentioned it. Even when its guys its usually one on one and people of similar size and power. No matter the training a 120 lbs female ain't beating a grown man unless its by total surprise

14. RicardoCooper

Or if somehow in the storyline she's super-powered

15. The Dark King

Exactly but a street cop nope. They really are doing a good job of reshaping our thinking to the point of absurdity. I feel sorry for girls going around with a false sense of superiority

16. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Disney has released some new footage from the upcoming live-action remake of its animated classic Aladdin.

17. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I think I may have not explained this well because you guys aren't really getting what I'm saying.

Do you really believe Bruce Lee (or any other male action star) could beat up more than two, maybe three guys, twice his size, at once, in a real life fight? No you don't. Because in real life, we know fights don't go like that. But, we're willing to suspend disbelief because the story calls for it and it fits with the tone of the production.

So, if we can suspend disbelief for that, why couldn't we do the same for hot chicks fighting crime in a not so serious movie/TV franchise? It's not like the show is 'The Wire' or 'True Detective.'

All I'm saying is both examples are mostly not possible. So why only give a pass to the guys?

And, as far what @The Dark King says about how they're always making a point to let us know it's about "girl power," got to say, that doesn't bother me too much. It's just women gassing themselves up the same way we gas ourselves up in Luke Cage or Black Lightning. That shit is 'black power' damn near every episode. They didn't do it on Xena or Buffy because men were in charge of those programs.

18. RicardoCooper

That's why these chicks IRL literally step to big guys running their mouth and trying to square off like dudes. Then cry like a bitch when a dude gets fed up and beats the brakes off them i.e. Bus Driver Guy and Left Hook Harry

19. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Everything is a matter of degrees when it comes to our ability to suspend disbelief. We know that action stars have realistic limits in real life, but what is more unrealistic, Bruce Lee defeating ten skilled men or Lucy Liu defeating ten skilled men?

One of the things I've always noticed in tv-shows movies and video games is how irrelevant muscles are for men and women, because even though in real life it's the size and density of males musculature that is responsible for the strength gap between the genders, no such correlation exists in the worlds crafted by the entertainment industry. In those worlds, 110lb Waif-Fu masters are just as strong as 260lb brutes.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Handgun rounds that knock people down is just as unreal. It's all just entertainment. People always will believe whatever, like the flat Earth people. Still can't wait for them to explain the Earth's gravity and escape velocity and how that's supposed to correspond to a flat plane.

There are enough shows that are reasonably close enough to reality to balance the entertainment field. I don't have an issue with shows "not being realistic enough" I loved Kill Bill.