The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Interesting perspective. I might have to concede

2. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Having been in the military and having called CAS in the past, I have to agree. I will say that these aren't the average women in the military, they are often a cut above the rest. The ones who succeed at this level are often not "trying to be men", but moreover, trying to be alpha women. They often don't do the "feminist thing" and they don't try to "be one of the guys", those two types tend to be full of insecurities and not fully know who they are. Military alpha women either know who they are, have some idea of who they are, and or are in the process of learning who they are. They aren't afraid to ask questions and learn as much as they can. In my personal experience, I have met probably one for every one hundred females enlisted, and about 1 for every ten female officers. They exist, they kick ass, and if and when they do get married, they make it work (I have a buddy who went spec ops who's wife was like that, and they lifted each other up). Yes, they may be few and far between, but they exist, and I think an 80s fighter pilot would be a good contender to express the worthiness of the character (especially if she is one of those Pilsung Pilots).

There are shit bags of all genders in the military. But, some really set themselves apart. Just like in civilian life, were you meet people who tell you, "I would have joined but..." yet instead buy a bunch of guns and do the alt-right shuffle. There are people who walk the walk, and then there are those who talk and do nothing. Nothing against those who didn't join, just always get annoyed by the "woulda if I hada" types.

In regards to professions, in general, I notice that there are a number of alpha types in this forum, from CPAs, to Engineers, Lawyers, to those in the tourist/hotel industry, and I think there is a scientist or two in here. Which means this is good company to be in. And I really enjoy that. So, the ability to be a "beast" on the job should be understood by most here. And in regards to the character in the film, if she is a fighter pilot, she went to SERES. That shit is no fucking joke at all (and it was 80s SERES, done by a bunch of vietnam vets).

Just my two cents having worked in the military and seeing this first hand.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. The Dark King

Thank you for your perspective you guys totally turned me around on this. I was totally conflating two different positions and see where I went wrong with my thinking. Now how Marvel chooses to express this will be interesting. Hopefully its not another Wonder Woman

4. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

5. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

6. The Dark King

Cool but I immediately noticed they swapped out black Green Latern for Mr. Terrific back to that whole only one black guy per film bs. Smh

7. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I understand what you are saying but there might be a story reason for it this time. If this movie is in the same world as the animated series, Green Lantern (John Stewart) was stripped of his ring by the Guardians for killing an enemy in anger, he then settled down and had a kid with Hawkgirl.

https://arousinggrammar.com/2013/06/25/what-ever-happened-to-green-lantern-and-hawkgirl/

8. The Dark King

Fair enough but tell me you haven't noticed until Young Justice they never did two black people in the story line. It feels totally deliberate like most of the racism I'm seeing in DC. I just read about Mr. Terrific and what they did to him on Arrow is the truest of crimes. He's suppose to be the third smartest person in the DCU but he's second to Felicity somehow, he's suppose to be a world class Olympian athlete and a master of 6 martial arts but they make dude a complete dufus. They do everything to make this guy non threatening as possible to the point you have to wonder why even have him on there.

9. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

That's just one more reason I love The Marvel Cinematic Universe, Infinity War had 7 black characters with speaking roles.

10. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

SMH!

#JusticeForMrTerrific

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

DC Universe has unveiled a new poster featuring the uncanny freakish Doom Patrol. The live-action series launches Feb 15th.

[​IMG]

12. samson1701

Ugh ...

13. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Trailer for the "Bad Boys" TV spin-off series "L.A. Finest" finally dropped today:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  14. SilverSmith

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has announced the Aquaman Digital and Blu-ray release dates today. The film will be available on Digital March 5th and then on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD on March 26th.

The special bonus features for the 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray, and DVD editions include:

• Going Deep Into the World of Aquaman
    • Becoming Aquaman
    • James Wan: World Builder
    • Aqua Tech
    • Atlantis Warfare
    • The Dark Depths of Black Manta
    • Heroines of Atlantis
    • Villainous Training
    • Kingdoms of the Seven Seas
    • Creating Undersea Creatures
    • A Match Made in Atlantis
    • Scene Study Breakdowns
    • Exclusive Sneak Peek of Shazam!

15. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

Press Release

The fate of the planet rests on the shoulders of a reluctant Green Lantern and an unstable hero from the future in Justice League vs. The Fatal Five, the next entry in the popular series of DC Universe Movies. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation and DC, the feature-length animated film arrives from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment on Digital starting March 30, 2019, and on 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack and Blu-ray Combo Pack on April 16, 2019.

Justice League vs. The Fatal Five will be available on 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack ($39.99 SRP) and Blu-ray Combo Pack ($24.98 SRP) as well as on Digital ($19.99 HD, $14.99 SD). The 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack features an Ultra HD Blu-ray disc in 4K with HDR and a Blu-ray disc featuring the film; the Blu-ray Combo Pack features the film in hi-definition. The 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray Combo Pack include a digital version of the film.

Justice League vs. The Fatal Five finds the Earth’s future hanging in the balance when the Justice League faces a powerful new threat – the Fatal Five. Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman seek answers as the time-traveling trio of Mano, Persuader and Tharok terrorize Metropolis in search of budding Green Lantern, Jessica Cruz – whom they need to free remaining Fatal Five members Emerald Empress and Validus in order to carry out their sinister plan. But the Justice League discover an ally from another time in the peculiar Star Boy – brimming with volatile power, could he be the key to thwarting the Fatal Five? An epic battle against ultimate evil awaits!

Justice League vs. The Fatal Five Enhanced Content

Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack, Blu-ray Combo Pack and Digital

Battling the Invisible Menace (Featurette)– This featurette will explore the nuanced hero as many characters must deal with the everyday feelings of anxiety, depression, and other incapacitating emotions that we all must battle and overcome.

Justice League vs. Fatal Five: Unity of Hero (Featurette) – A look at how the pantheon of DC heroes has never been more diverse and inclusive, as writers and artists break boundaries and smash stereotypes.

Audio Commentary – Bruce Timm, Sam Liu, Jim Krieg and Eric Carrasco share their thoughts and insights on Justice League vs. The Fatal Five.

A Sneak Peek at the next DC Universe Movie, Batman: Hush – An advance look at the next animated film in the popular DC Universe Movies collection.

Sneak Peek Revisited: A Preview of Justice League Dark – John Constantine leads a group of misfit characters that use magic to vanquish their opponents. This is the dark version of The Justice League taking on the malevolent forces that go beyond our plane of existence.

Sneak Peek Revisited: A Preview of Justice League vs. Teen Titans – A glimpse into the characters known as the Teen Titans.

16. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

I liked Wonder Woman despite the fact it was a beat-for-beat remake of the first Cap: The First Avenger

17. The Dark King

What's funny is I overheard female coworkers talking about fighting men and how adrenaline could make a female fighter beat a man. Apparently they think it's super soldier serum lol

18. samson1701

Okay, this I don't understand. And, I'm not singling you out, this is for most of us. But, we'll accept one average sized man fighting multiple, militarily trained guys with guns, using nothing more than a bow and arrow, or some fancy boomerangs. Sometimes, not even that. We'll have no issues with a blind guy with heightened senses beating up a hallway full of guys, some of the huge in comparison, with only his bare hands. Do I have to bring up Bruce Lee beating up a whole dojo single handedly? Not to mention, all of these guys are pretty boys who like they'd be afraid to fuck up their hair in a strong wind, let a fight with a half dozen (or more) bad guys.

But, a woman beating up a man almost twice her size is just a road too far. Especially if she's thin and sexy. ...lol

Y'all know I am no fan of Princess Feminism or the Pound Me Too movement, but we have to keep it honest though. To paraphrase that master thespian Jim Kelly " Man, ya'll come right out of a comic book."

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. SilverSmith

DC Universe has released the new Doom Patrol promo . The cast of the series includes Brendan Fraser as Robotman, Matt Bomer as Negative Man, April Bowlby as Elasti-Woman, Joivan Wade as Cyborg, Diane Guerrero as Crazy Jane, and Timothy Dalton as The Chief.

Doom Patrol is a re-imagining of one of DC’s outcast Super Heroes: Robotman, Negative Man, Elasti-Girl and Crazy Jane, led by modern-day mad scientist Dr. Niles Caulder (The Chief). The Doom Patrol’s members each suffered horrible accidents that gave them superhuman abilities — but also left them scarred and disfigured.

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I don't see an issue with it. Just rather it was Miami like the movie instead of LA.