The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Good question. Black Mask is mainly an obscure Bat-villain. However, it is widely believed that male moviegoers are not interested in watching films with an all- female cast. Not surprisingly, WB /DC wanted to have a male adversary.

2. SilverSmith

The first teaser trailer for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 6 has been released, and it teases a future for the show without Agent Coulson running S.H.I.E.L.D.

3. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Good question.

I always wonder why female villains are never just evil, they always seem to be sympathetic, misunderstood or they say "fuck it" and become heroes. You'd think all the "woke" comic nerds would see that female villains are being weakened and infantilized.

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Like God Mother Griselda Blanco we have real female villains irl.
    [​IMG]

5. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I think that crappy halle berry catwoman film had a female villain.

6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Season 5 of Buffy The Vampire Slayer had a great female villain and that was considered the best season.
    Wonder Woman always had that Cheetah chick in the comics

Hell the dark Phoenix story line was some of the best work in the X-Men.

This shit ain't about good story telling this is about pandering to women who desperately want a world where they are superior to men. Or more accurately where they can be men. Talk about penis envy

7. SilverSmith

Disney announced today that Black Panther will return to theaters for FREE to celebrate Black History Month for a one-week engagement, February 1-7, at 250 participating AMC Theatres locations. Wakanda forever, y'all. lol

[​IMG]

8. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

So Coulson's not dead... again? lol.

9. darkcurry

I don't buy the for free talk. Somebody's getting paid.

10. darkcurry

Males have become some of the best villains that are actually kind of like anti-heroes or necessary evils such as Bane, Ultron, Killmonger and Thanos.

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

With popcorn a $15 a bag, you're damn skippy......lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. darkcurry

My girl had me buy a candy bar one time at the show because she had been achin for a hershey's candybar all day that was $3.00!!

I told her she should've told me that before we came to the show and I could've picked her one up that was only $1 at a nearby store. She wait all day to beg me for a candybar. lol.

13. The Dark King

I'm in there

14. The Dark King

Agreed. I'm not saying a woman can't lead a good action joint. I grew up loving Red Sonja and Supergirl because there was no agenda but most of this shit is cringe worthy like Ghostbusters and Ocean's 8. Women are still trying to figure out how to be cool in movies on their own. Black Widow is almost there even certain scenes in Wonder Woman were ok like the whole Amazon Island shit. In fact the whole movie should have stayed there.

15. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

No, it's not. Season 5 is considered 1 of the better seasons. But universally, Season 3 & Season 2 are interchangeably considered the best season of BtVS.

16. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

So now you got Apple, Amazon, Google, Microsoft, Nvidia, Sony, EA, & etc. all working streaming subscription video game services. This is obviously the future with the way the tech industry is going in all this.

17. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The difference between the way those "sympathetic" villains are written and the way female sympathetic villains are written, is that the females more often than not have their villainhood intertwined with their victimhood.

For example, Harley Quinn has been reimagined as a victim of domestic violence who overcomes her abusive relationship to become her own woman. By shifting the "evil" from Harley to The Joker they have effectively stripped her of her power as a villain. (she's only bad because the man made her that way) Which is why she has been portrayed as an anti-hero or just regular hero over the last few years, even though her character is almost as much of a murderer as The Joker is.

18. The Dark King

We can agree to disagree

19. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

I was confused because S5 was like her college years right?? I thought most fans hated that era but I was cool with it. Season 3 for me was probably the favorite because of Faith and her interactions but my favorite episode of all was " Normal Again" guest starring Honor Warren's Black Grandfather lol.
    My brother tried to tell me that was considered for a series finale

20. The Dark King

Season 5 was with Glory and the season her mom died