Random Political comments...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

I’m pretty fed up with a lot of things myself, but I’m gonna keep on voting. I can’t leave the field to dangerous, foolish, historically blind people like the AFD. I see voting as my minimum duty as a citizen in a democracy.

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

It isn't? What is the issue?

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

The issue is that there is more than one functional way to do things, and the far left wants America to change things that it's not willing to change. If it's not fundamentally wrong then leave it alone and fix some actual problems. Smh

5. The Dark King

For the most part progressive democrats like Bernie Sanders AOC Nina Turner Stacy Abrams Elizabeth Warren are fighting for the things people actually want. Medicare for all jobs with good pay a good future ie Green New Deal a livable wage and free college. The majority of the country wants these things. This is still a democracy right? What am I missing. What is the functional way of doing this?

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Sugar coat and believe what you want just be prepared to see them not deliver. The question is at what cost will be their failure. I'll leave it at that and agree to not see eye to eye on this discussion.

7. The Dark King

I will make a gentlemen's bet that if a progressive is elected they will deliver on most of their promises. You live in Florida I get why you believe it can't happen but look at the rest of the country
    But we can agree to disagree

8. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

If a progressive POTUS gets a progressive House AND Senate, they will literally change the course of the United States for generations.

We already have the House, if we can turn the Senate blue and win the WH, you're going to see an explosion in the growth of the middle class in this country.

The fact is there just aren't that many people left anymore who identify as Republican or Conservative. The party affiliation doesn't appeal to non-Whites and millennials.

Pay attention to what's going on down South. States like North Carolina, Georgia and Texas are on the cusp of turning purple/blue/toss up between the Dems and Republicans.

The GOP just doesn't do shit for the average college student or working class American, and never has.
    That's why their party is dying.

Average Americans are getting past the political rhetoric and realizing the Right wing has no solutions for most Americans.
    That's why so many progressive ideas have suddenly become popular among people who traditionally vote for the GOP.

I was an HRC supporter, but I do think Bernie had a chance to win several Red states in 2016 because his message was so pro-working and middle class and he spoke on how the economic imbalance in this country was evidence of a rigged system meant to screw the masses.

White folk who live in traditionally Red states who faithfully vote Republican are beginning to ask why are they always among the poorest and least educated in all the United States?

You can only bullshit one of your own for so long before they stop listening.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  9. andreboba

The real goal is to convince AMericans these goals are worth fighting for, whether or not ALL of them can be accomplished in one presidential term.

Look at how much opposition there was to the ACA in 2009 among Conservative voters. Now, ten years later, most Americans, including the GOP, believe in the idea of single payer healthcare.

If you believe if the goal, you have to stay on the grind.

10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Kid: I want a new game.

Parent: Son you don't play with the game you have.

Kid: I want a new bike.

Parent: Nothing wrong with your bike son, it only has a flat tire. Fix the tire

Kid: I'm grow up and keep bitching. I want a Bernie now.

11. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

It's interesting that most of the attacks against Bernie Sanders try to perpetuate the "Bernie Bros" myth. It's almost as if critics are reluctant to challenge his actual positions.

12. andreboba

That's because most of Bernie's policy positions are popular among all Americans.

It's why Republicans were serving up that bullshit during the midterms that they were in favor of protecting the ACA, after trying to destroy it for almost a decade.

13. Madeleine

Whenever you vote you are not just voting about the candidates and the policies but also about whether or not you’d like to keep on living in a participatory (is that a word in English?) political system. If you don’t vote you are saying someone else should make political decisions for you. Dangerous message to send.

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I'm only sitting out until people start acting like adults.

Left: let's fight global warming and rebuild infrastructure.

Far Left: Let me change my gender first

15. Madeleine

I’m also not a friend of a two party system. Or 2.5 party system. Not enough options.

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

We literally have a 70 year old child in office and a person representing a bunch of childish adults running against him. If i did vote I would just flip a coin.
    I won't cry if America falls. I'll just go pick up my mother, sister and nephew and make the best of it.
    [​IMG]

17. Madeleine

...and move to a Caribbean island, drink rum and chill till the end of days? Lol.

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Anything is better than fighting for the sake of fighting. I can't be mentally suck on a low frequency like that. If there is an after life. Low frequency will bring you back to where you started. Your fear is hell, my fear is coming back to earth. lol.

19. Madeleine

Nah I don’t fear hell because I’m not planning on going there.

I do fear the Brexit drama continuing for another year though.

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

People will always find a way to create unnecessary issues as usual.