The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Amazon Prime Video has debuted the first teaser for Hanna, which comes to the demand service in March. The series focuses on an extraordinary young girl's journey as she evades the dogged pursuit of a CIA agent, and tries to unravel the mystery of her identity.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  2. SilverSmith

New Glass billboards and + posters.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I really liked the movie this is based on. Although I wonder why Hollywood is obsessed with the idea of superhuman waifish female killers? No offense to female soldiers and law enforcement, but if someone spends millions of dollars to create a 105lb super-killer they are doing it for fetish purposes.

4. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

I have been a huge "Vikings" fan since season 2 after all the rave reviews MGM and the History Channel had recieved in the build up to its launch season one. It has long since filled the "Game of Thrones" longing in me while waiting for the next season to air. They really did a good job getting the historical aspects produced properly and I will earnestly urge all fans of medieval history and warfare to tune in via History On Demand or kodi if you have it. It will become an addiction and I really like what they did with "KnightFall" too which I'm also looking forward too season 2

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Just me, but if I were part of a pirate crew I could overlook all the clumsy and disorganized shit the captain did, even if he couldn't shoot a pistol or handle a sword worth a damn, as long as he knew his shit when it came to planning & executing raids on ships as well as keeping other pirates and the military off our asses. You can't do that, then how or why are you in charge of a ship?

6. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

I'm only speaking for myself as a historian of some academic capacity but historical fiction vs historical fantasy is what separated "The White Queen" from "Game of Thrones" and I really loved and still rewatch TWQ as much as I do GoT ~ both have magic and superstitious lore but White Queen is much more subtle whereas Thrones is extremely explicit with its magic and sorcery. Love them both honestly

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Jack is more like a versatile con man
    masquerading as a captain.

I think he chose to be a pirate because that was the best score of his day. He sucks as a captain, but he can somehow get out of any situation even if he wasn't supposed to be in it to begin with. That's quite valuable when you consider that not everything can be avoided.

He sort of reminds me of bugs bunny. Bugs will trick the shit out of anyone..... lol

It's like they refer to him comically as a Captain

8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Yeah, I got the whole con man aspects of the character. His being a ship's captain that had a crew willing to follow him is what took me out of the movies as a whole.

If he would have had some type of legit tactical or leadership skills to play on the con skills, I could have bought into the character more. Had his being a buffoonish klutz been a calculated facade to keep other people off guard the better to sucker them I would have been all in on both the character and the movies.

9. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

10. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Funny how they missed the obvious white washing

11. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

The only Scarlett Johansson driven flick I liked was Lucy.

She hasn't really been able to carry a film on her own. That's why I'm not really up for this Black Widow movie they keep teasing.

12. SilverSmith

Another teaser for Amazon Prime Video's upcoming action series, Hanna.

13. The Dark King

The nannie diaries was okay. I'm surprised she never hooked up with Chris Evans they basically came up together

14. SilverSmith

HBO dropped a teaser touting its original content coming in 2019, which also happened to reveal the first footage from Game of Thrones Season 8, as well as the highly anticipated Watchmen TV series.

15. The Dark King

The nannie diaries was okay. I'm surprised she never hooked up with Chris Evans they basically came up together

16. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The cynical part of me can't help but be concerned that I don't see any "big hits" other than Game Of Thrones on HBO's upcoming lineup. I know they think Watchmen is going to be big (and it might be) but I think TV audiences can only stomach so many "dark" superhero shows.

17. darkcurry

Unless they come up with a better trailer...

I'll pass.

18. darkcurry

I think as long as you do it right it and keep things fresh it can work.

19. The Dark King

I'm bored with it.

20. SilverSmith

Patience my brotha, patience. Hold judgement until the official trailer is out.