The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Marvel's Canceled Netflix Properties Likely to Remain in Limbo for 2 Years

[​IMG]

Marvel may have promised more adventures for Daredevil, Luke Cage and Iron Fist, but those adventures aren’t going to be anytime soon. There is reportedly a two-year moratorium on using the characters for non-Netflix series, even for Disney+.

According to Variety, the original deal for the Marvel Netflix shows was said to include a clause preventing the characters of Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Jessica Jones from showing up in “any non-Netflix series or film for at least two years after cancellation.” Disney+, despite being owned and operated by The Walt Disney Company, the parent company of Marvel Television, does not appear to be exempt from the contract.

Many are considering this the final nail in the coffin for the current iteration of the shows. While there was certainly a significant amount of time between the second and third seasons of Daredevil, waiting until late 2020 to restart Daredevil, Luke Cage and Iron Fist on Disney’s streaming service seems unlikely at best. Jessica Jones is scheduled to air its third (and most likely final) season on Netflix sometime in 2019, and would be unavailable until 2021 at the earliest.
    Given the time and the talent of the actors and creative teams involved, the odds of everyone from the Marvel Netflix shows being available and willing to restart production for Disney+ seems all but an impossibility. And that’s before considering the alleged rift between the television and movie sides of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

The Jon Bernthal-starring The Punisher, debuting its second season in January, is said to be exempt from the two-year restriction as it was a spin-off and not part of the original deal. The show's fate remains up in the air, though it seems unlikely that Disney+ would pick it up as well.

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Ouch! Forgot about those pesky contracts. Smh.

3. darkcurry

I said that Jessica Jones and Luke Cage were more than likely going to end in it just being a hook up and now with these characters done that is most certainly all it will be. Unless someone makes a totally separate movie or something like that. They did the love story of Luke & Jessica SO wrong. Smh.

4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Ray Fisher Wants in on the Netflix's Prodigy (And Mark Millar Agrees)

[​IMG]

Justice League star Ray Fisher had made it clear he wants to play the lead character in Netflix's adaptation of Mark Millar's Prodigy.

Prodigy is Mark Millar's second comic book to series/movie franchise since Netflix acquired Millarworld. Described by Netflix, Prodigy features Edison Crane, the world's smartest man that has become bored with running the most successful business on the planet. A scientist, composer, athlete and "expert of the occult," Crane is a prodigy in every sense of the word.

Mark Millar will be rejoined with artist Rafael Albuquerque, whom he previously created the well-received Huck series of comics with.

Clearly, it's impressed Fisher to the point that he wants in when Netflix eventually begins production on the small screen adaptation, tweeting out that he and Millar "should talk" about the project. Millar, of course, responded in kind, excitedly pointing out Fisher's resemblance to the character. "God, the more I look at Edison Crane the more he looks like Ray. Hmm..." Millar tweeted back at the Cyborg actor.

Fisher may have some time on his hands now, as Warner Bros.' planned Cyborg spinoff has seemingly stalled, although Fisher himself has said it's not dead in the water. Still, the fate of the DC Extended Universe is still up in the air, with Ben Affleck's Batman and Henry Cavill's Superman constantly rumored to be exiting. The Flash's solo film, starring Ezra Miller, continues to be stuck in developmental purgatory, although James Wan's success with Aquaman could see the DCEU garnering a life extension, maybe offering Cyborg fans hope.

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Now this I want to see. Thanks for sharing

6. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Warner Bros has released posters featuring a trio of Godzilla's arch-foes. The posters come on the heels of the second trailer for Godzilla: King of the Monsters.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. darkcurry

I have been reading up on him and he sounds kind of like Mr. Terrific. Is he kind of like that character?

8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Based on Mark Millar's other original characters that he's done, I'd say it's his modern day take on the old pulp novel hero Doc Savage. Millar likes to take concepts from mythology, pulp fiction, classic fiction, sci-fi and established comics and tweak them in unique ways.

9. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

In my opinion, Mark Millar is kind of overrated. The majority of his "original" stories are basically taking established concepts and simply adding a shit-ton of over-the-top sex and violence.

10. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

No such thing as "original" concepts & characters any longer. Especially when it comes to comic book/superhero related properties. Every possible super power & takes on characters have been done to death & then some.

A lot of this stuff is "original" to these studio/network big wigs & the majority of movie going audiences because they operate outside "nerd" circles.

11. SilverSmith

Cinemax has debuted the Warrior teaser trailer, which previews the 10-episode drama series premiering in 2019. Warrior was inspired by an idea from Bruce Lee and created and executive produced by Jonathan Tropper.

The crime drama is set during the Tong Wars of San Francisco’s Chinatown in the second half of the 19th century.

[​IMG]

12. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

13. SilverSmith

CBS All Access has released the official second season full trailer and poster for Star Trek: Discovery.

[​IMG]

14. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Promo for the "Timeless" 2-hour series finale movie airing next week dropped today:

15. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Sonequa is rockin the Jermaine Jackson edges on that poster ugh

I find it funny that the woke Discovery had to get the cis, white male captain from the cheesy old show to save the day

I hate that show

16. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

17. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

18. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

I like Fisher who is a stage trained actor and has leading man potential. But I kinda cringe when actors pull this stunt by publicly tossing their name into the mix for a huge part in TV or film. It smacks of desperation and a lack of professionalism, even if its in jest. This is considered a no-no in the industry and almost all the times leads to a person not getting the role they seek. Fisher just signed with a major talent agency and should let those folks do the work for him, which is what they are paid for. What he doesn't want to do is come across like Tyrese who constantly keeps telling Warner Bros he wants to play Green Lantern despite TPTB not being interested in him doing so.

19. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Not familiar with the character, but it sounds interesting. This is the kind of black hero I'd like to see.

Pair him up with a dope script, intense action and a super sexy, white leading lady and I'm there on opening day.

20. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I would prefer any kind of hot woman as long as she's not a stereotype. Maybe a Kaitlin Snow or Gwen Stacy type. NO Supergirl SJW types. Enough of that nonsense.