Tanned, Toned, and Over 50!

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by Bliss, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Bodybuilding's New Breed

These 50-plus men and women aren't planning for retirement—they're pumping iron, rocking swimsuits, and getting spray tans. On Saturday, the 2013 NPC Southern States Championships in Fort Lauderdale, Florida was teeming with women over 50.
    "When you hear the word 'bikini' you think of younger women, but older women can be in shape, too," said organizer Peter Potter.
    "Although we have some open categories for all ages, we added 'over 50' because there was such a demand for it."
    Check out photos of these super-fit contestants, then dust off your gym membership. —Elise Sole.

(Photos by: Arno Photography)
    [​IMG]

Mary Dent, 53, the winner of the over-50 bikini category. "I have three kids, ages 24, 13, and 10. When I'm training, I work out every day with a personal trainer and might have a cheat meal every now and then but I never eat dessert."

[​IMG]

Competitors in the over-50 figure category. "The women in this category have to be muscular, defined, and fit but still have a soft shape," says Potter.

[​IMG]

Teresa Vaught is the second runner-up in the over 50 bikini division. "We have onsite tanning facilities so the women can tan before the show," says Potter.

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

More over 50...

[​IMG]

Lizzette Blanco. "The women usually demonstrate a variety of poses: From the front, behind, and sideways," says Potter.

[​IMG]

Susan Dellaporta. "Aside from body symmetry, judges look for how well the women present themselves—hair, makeup, and posture," says Potter.[/center]

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

And some Menz...

[​IMG]

Contestants in the Men's Physique Over 50 division. "The oldest man who competed in the show was 75," says Potter.

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Haha, that's one thing about aging.. we all get to do it. :p

5. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

6. FG

FG Well-Known Member

No excuses!

7. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

It's not impossible. If you recall X Factor, they had a black contestant who was in very good shape and was 60 years old, but he looked like he was 30-ish. Nicole Scherzinger, who was his mentor/ teacher, was attracted to him.

8. arbncdt1

arbncdt1 Member

It is matter of lifestyle! Few humans properly take care of their bodies. In addition, most humans mentally and spiritually follow the masses, thereby limiting their full potential. If a man over 70 years of age can climb Mt. Everest twice, after two cardiac issues, there is no telling what humans can accomplish.

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Are you referring to HGH? Or Steroids?

10. arbncdt1

arbncdt1 Member

With all the hormones, antibiotics, etcetera in processed foods that have been consumed over the years, which has destroyed male and female natural endocrinology, can you blame for using steroids and HGH? Our government arrest athletes and non-athletes for steroid and HGH abuse; yet, systematically destroy our bodies with bad water, bad foods, etcetera. This is hypocrisy!

11. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Excellent point. They ban these substances in sports participation, but allow food and personal products manufacturers to put in the same and often worse materials and help the firms resist public pressure for full disclosure.

12. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I tried HGH once. My pectoral muscles did have an increase in size. I think that is one of the side effects once HGH is taken in small, concentrated doses.

13. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

14. CAkicker

15. CAkicker

16. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

JLO looks remarkable..
    Video of her walking the Versace catwalk this week..
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B2pMTpTh6-V/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=embed_video_watch_again

Remember back in 2000, when Jennifer Lopez first wore her iconic green Versace dress to the Grammys?

Well Jennifer, who is now 50, can still fit the dress, and she's still SLAYING in it too.

Jennifer revived the dress - or at least the modern version of the dress - at Versace's S/S 2020. And the pics of Jen wearing the dress have already been viewed more than 20 million times on social media.

[​IMG]

The 50-year-old singer/actress/producer closed out the Versace spring 2020 runway show in Milan, Italy on Friday. The show, at Milan Fashion Week, paid homage to both the original dress, and to Jennifer.

[​IMG]

Vogue reports that the final few models in the show walked the catwalk to Lopez's 2001 song Love Don't Cost a Thing, before a montage of Google Image searches for the original Grammy's dress was projected on to the walls.

Why the Google Images reference? Because former Google CEO Eric Schmidt revealed in an interview that he created Google Images, because of Jennifer and the dress. The CEO explained that there were so many searches for photos of the dress afterwards, it inspired them to create Google Images.

17. CAkicker

Can't see the pics

18. CAkicker

19. Othello1967

Othello1967 Active Member

I am confused. I thought "toned" meant first. Those ladies look muscular.

20. Othello1967

Othello1967 Active Member

Oops. Firm not first.