The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up. Just decided not to watch a single episode.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Bummer. Just when I was gonna binge-watch season one.

3. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I saw a dude on another forum make a good point that makes it obvious you should stick a fork in these Marvel Netflix shows:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I wonder who they are going to have playing as the black widow. Scar Jo is going to be a tough act to follow.

The story line better be fire.

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Almost makes you see the value in "for whites only" signs. Let me know up front. I can do without it.

6. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

It's probably true that we won't see the Netflix shows back in their original forms, but I can't imagine that Marvel is done with those characters. They still have years of MCU stories to tell and Disney's streaming service is going to need a constant stream of content.

I predict we will at least get an extended cameo in a future Avengers movie, or some of the characters will "guest star" in a stand-alone movie. I really wouldn't be surprised if Daredevil showed-up in Spider-Man 3, or if Luke Cage popped up in Black Panther 2.

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Wow I thought Daredevil was A list. A childhood favorite.

Damn

8. ColiBreh1

I think he means that the the Netflix chracters are c-list within the MCU

9. ColiBreh1

10. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

"The streaming service has operated as a joint venture ofDisney, Fox and NBCUniversal for a number of years. It is now poised for an ownership shakeup as Disneyprepares to acquire Fox's 30 percent stake in Hulu as part of a larger purchase of the media company's assets."
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/nabbing-sky-will-comcast-sell-hulu-stake-disney-1147566

Not to mention the connection to Luke Cage that Cloak and Dagger was building. Call me crazy but I think those easter eggs and hints within the show were on purpose. C&D's showrunner Joe Pokaski was one of the producers of Daredevil. Jeph Loeb overseas all Marvel TV shows and as he showed in this interview a lot of things are classified. https://ew.com/tv/2018/09/21/marvel...ks-future-of-defenders-small-screen-projects/

So outsiders could say what they want it's really up to the fans and Jeph Loeb. And Hulu already made that connection to the Marvel Netflix shows with Cloak and Dagger.

11. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

True story. I watched the entire season hoping his powers would show up like the other kids but nope. And of course the blonde girl is the most special of all. And he's the only one no one is interested in. Fuck that show

12. The Dark King

13. ColiBreh1

Lowkey, "Black Lightning" is probably currently the best comicbooks-based show on The CW.

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Saddest read all day.

Lol

15. The Dark King

Good for them I won't support a show that goes out of its way to empower black women at the expense of black men. They would never make a show about black women and then give all the shine to her sons. And I'm officially done with the hood trope.

16. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I'm behind a few episodes of Black Lightening and I haven't seen an episode of Legends this season (though, I'll catch up over the holidays), but I'm enjoying Supergirl the most out of the Arrowverse shows. I look forward to watching it. The Flash is almost too goofy to watch these days. Although, it is better than last season. Arrow is better, but still "meh."

17. ColiBreh1

I haven't watched "Supergirl" at all this season. What has changed on the show that has you enjoying it the most? Last season it was probably the show I cared about the least out of all The CW shows I watch.

18. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina returns for Season 2 in April. Here's the new teaser:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  19. samson1701

The writing is better. The characters' actions make more sense. Plus, it's more topical in a good way. Don't get me wrong, it's not GOT level writing. It lacks any suttlety. But, for what they're trying to do, it's worked so far. It's been a solid B to B+. I just hope they keep it up.

I do feel like the action is weaker on the hand to hand combat sequences. But, not trash, tho. Just ... slower.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  20. samson1701

One prop I'll give them is they show a strong, loving black family that isn't struggling to get out of the hood.

But, yeah, BL isn't the male lead show that Arrow or Flash gets to be. It's more about them, than him.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List