BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member

The IR stuff starts around the 1:55 mark

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Seen the whole show. This was one of the funniest episodes yet.

3. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

I really liked the pilot episodes ending as well. The school is so surprisingly diverse as displayed during that emergency assembly at the end of episode 1. Why does "Legacies" have so much better diversity than "All-American" lol. The show got even better in episode 4 as I had predicted it would. I just don't know if "All-american" is sacrificing its plausibility to cater to the the hater site I like to whine about crowd??? There have been like three big high school parties so far and not one pretty white girl has been heard from or anything??? Are they deliberately sheilding oversensitive black women from the realities of what "All-American" would really be like??

"Legacies" is so far giving us the goods for teen IR and they have enough diversity in its casting to make everyone reasonably happy. The only show on the map with multiple IR romances on the horizon too I think :0

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Agreed. I am floored this is coming from Julie Pec. What I really like is the one SJW black kid doesn't even bug me since there are so many other options and I love how all these girls are crushing hard on the black guys. Also shout out to the alpha werewolf being Asian. And also pretty good writing especially in this oversaturated space. I'm digging it.

5. darkcurry

It's not that diverse because of the lack of black women on the show. BUT don't take that as me complaining just being real. Besides we know if it was a show where those black males were black females a certain group of black women would not notice the lack of black men. I'm being better than them.

But with that said this show is CLEARLY geared towards black men and white women with the amount of black men, lack of white male co-stars and the IR relationships. BUT we know things could change. So for right now they are making it obvious that they want to feature an environment of IR love between black men and white women. Kind of like Sacred Lies.

6. The Dark King

I disagree for one the main star is interested in a White guy the leaders are all white. The only difference is black men are actually included for a change. I also think the black woman thing will change because guaranteed they will complain loudly ignoring how the Vampire Diaries series had a black female lead the entire series without a black male in sight except for her father who they killed off

7. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

How is "All American" catering to the the hater site I like to whine about crowd when the 2 main female love interests are biracials (on the show & IRL) with black fathers from Beverly Hills? Last time I checked, the hater site I like to whine about hates biracial/mixed/exotical BW & conveniently doesn't consider them black (especially if they come from a union involving a black father). Also despite BW online whining so much about BM celebs being involved with non-BW, the truth of the matter is most black male celebs are dating & marrying lightskin/redbone/yellowbone/biracial/mixed/exotical BW. So I don't see what's unrealistic about the lead character, who's lived in the hood his entire life, gravitating to the 2 biracial female characters who've shown interest in him from Day 1 on campus.

I have no idea what you're talking about when you said that "All American" lacks diversity.

8. darkcurry

One of the main characters is a black man, Rafael. But this cast is close to being an ensemble. Danielle aka Hope is pretty much the ONLY main character. That white dude she likes has issues he's a compulsive liar... but I do see them shipping them. But regardless this show plays out more so like an ensemble that doesn't just focus on one or two characters. The way I see this going IF the showrunners doesn't change anything is that Hope is going to wind up being the Kourtney Kardashian of the females. lol. As far as character depth goes; outside of her powers she doesn't have anything that interesting with her. Think about it.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Hope to buy a DVD of that flick or series.

10. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Cool show no doubt.

11. Young Herschel

If you check out the hater site I like to whine about you will see that their initial read on "All-American" was that it was going to be lame and just a knock-off of FNL with snowbunnies as on poster put it. Then they got to see the show and how urban the cast and setting are (we barely spend anytime in Beverly Hills High and more are so in the gritty streets of Compton, CA). They love it NOW that they have been comforted by the fact that there are no white women to be heard or seen in five episodes now . . . no pretty little Adriana Tate Duncans or Naomi Clarks to be found like they wouldn't notice the new black transfer and football star who put the recently ranked football team on the map??

They don't really like biracials but they greatly prefer them to the blue-eyed blondes of the CW and Freeform shows of the past . . . the fact is the target audience of "All-American" strikes them and now they went and hired "Lil' Mama"?? like we were looking for her to upgrade the cast lol. "Legacies it seems has been targeted at this forum while "All-American has clearly been tailored to feed the desires of the hater site I like to whine about . . . it is almost as if the showrunners are going out of their way to avoid irritating the the hater site I like to whine about crowd by omitting the social interactions that Spencer James would CLEARLY have had by now with the Naomi Clarks and Adriana Tate Duncans of Beverly Hills on his show . . . three big teen parties and we have not even caught a glimpse of a white princess (Jewish, Catholic, Protestant, Eastern Orthodox, etc, etc) but let us show some more of Coop though and some more urban shots rather than see Spencer James in class catching flirtacious smiles from Heather Hightower or chivalirously picking up the Mercedes Benz car keys of Megan McMicheal who just so happened to drop them at his size 13 feet lol.

12. Young Herschel

Just based on my analysis for the CW and these types of show Hope Mikealson will likely fall into a love triangle btw the foster brothers or at least enjoy three love interest this season. All the major female teen characters seem to have three over the course of the first season in my experience. Rapheal will get some play if you paid attention to the second episode when he and Hope shared some private one-on-one time. I hope MG helps Kaleb out of that in-school suspension and grows some big, black balls (what the fuck would a high school sophmore care about feminism??) The Saltzman twins will probably compete for the affections of Rapheal too but MG will simp his way out of getting some play sadly when Lizzie or Penelope are plausible options. If we don't get a Penelope and Kaleb scene this winter . . . we already know that he won't wuss out lol. Hope will probably have to fight off Penelope when she sets her sights on Landon but P is a wild card so wh knows what she will eventually do and what is it that she wants from MG . . . executive keys to academic transcripts??

13. Young Herschel

i picked up on the lack of white male co-stars too and like you believe that it could be purposeful casting to target the teen IR demo which the CW clearly knows exists but has been rather poorly served sadly by other teen shows this decade

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. Young Herschel

Hope is DEFINITELY the main star as portrayed on all the promotional materials and releases. She will clearly have several love interests this season as all such female protagonists do. She is going to give some to Landon's brother Rapheal because Landon will continue to lie to her and disapoint her much to the dismay of the Saltzman twins just wait and see ("A promise kept" said Rapheal to Hope as he handed her the mystical knife)

15. The Dark King

Interesting synopsis. I can't wait to see it unfold

16. Tsharp99

Tsharp99 Active Member

I actually really like this show, but have you guys noticed the explosion of black men/white women couples, especially in TV in 2018?...if I've left out any please fill them in..
    Legacies
    All American(Taye Diggs wife, biracial son's white gf)
    A Good Place
    Midnight Texas(basically the same as Legacies but wilder)
    The Haunting of Hill House
    Pine Gap
    Sacred Lies
    God Friended Me
    New Amsterdam (that 1 scene pissed me off though)
    One Dollar
    Cloak & Dagger (eventually)
    The Innocents
    Fortitude
    Candy Jar
    Doomsday
    Bulletproof
    Stranger Things

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. The Dark King

O
    Until I see full on ships with nuances I'm not holding my breath. Its gotta be a main character for it to count

18. Mate, wtf are you talking about? Tyrone and Tandy are literally the main characters with no room to get sidelined lmfao.

19. The Dark King

Until I see a ship I won't hold my breath. Remember 90210 Dixon was a main character constantly getting swerved

20. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member

I think for some of them he's holing his breath, The Good Place seems to have set up Eleanor and Chidi not only as crushes but as true love end game. They have a HUGE fandom on twitter and tumblr who support them. Same with Cloak and Dagger, Midnight Texas seems to be a pretty safe relationship. Stranger Things can go either way, I mean they're just kids and there is already a soulmates/end game pairing in the show so they may break them up eventually for the sake of drama and character development. I'd be okay with that as again they're just kids, how many of ya'll marry the person you date when you're like 11/12?