BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

I'm all good with the very, very vivacious and enticing female characters of color on "All-American" but I do wonder if the show will thrive if it doesn't expand its audience to include the ultimate audience of the CW . . . White women ages 15- 30. TPTB move heaven & earth to secure those advertising dollars as we have seen in the past so here is to hoping that some snow bunnies are introduced this winter with assertive plots surrounding our protagonist

2. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Legacies episode one

Legacies is like a Famous in Love/90210 hybrid with better dialogue and, of course, a supernatural theme. I had soured on young-adult dramas; however, this is an entrancing little show (2 episodes in).

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  3. Young Herschel

I'm counting four potential Black male love interests on the series so far and I really want Danielle Rose Russell to get together with one of them. Who knows maybe they will introduce even a fifth lol :) but in any event those big, round healthy breasts of Danielle should be clapping together at some point this season and the probability looks good that a brotha will facilitate that glorious showcase lol

4. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

LOL!
    You keep throwing me off with these comments you sneak in your post. lol. I have to start watching this show when I get time. I probably won't be able to watch it live.

5. Young Herschel

I just put it on my DVR from the day before the pilot episode aired. I'm good to go as now it's #1 on my priority manager and rightly so after last nights episode. Danielle Rose Russell strikes me as the type of White actress that White boys would fat shame or make insecure about their curves as Season 1 progressed . . . then S2 she goes exercise bulimic like Tracy Gold, Jessica Alba, Jamie Lynn Siegler, Sarah Michelle Geller etc, etc. I'm hoping she gets an appreciative Black boyfriend ASAP

6. darkcurry

[​IMG]

She's 19 in TODAY's society... she'll live. lol. How old is her character on the show?

7. Young Herschel

I'm sure she's a teenager but I don't follow "The Originals" so ?? I'm looking at her like Baby girl I would run away with you make a new life together . . . kill anyone they sent after us lol

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  8. Young Herschel

^^ I'm picking up on "X2: X-Men United" as a possible inspiration for "Legacies" too. I'm not familiar with "Famous in Love"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  9. Young Herschel

Another "Black male lead" who NEVER enjoyed a morning after glow bedroom scene UNLIKE all the White male characters of "Friday Night Lights". They even kept him away from the cute teen redhead that was flirting and making advances on Michael B. I'm sure if he was a white boy they would have squeezed in a scene somewhere so he could have a quickie with that fiery pheonix in the showers or in the endzone of the football field but NO not the negro lol . . . some protagonist Michael B was even the backup QB's best friend got a morning after glow bedroom scene (SMDH) with Tyra!

10. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

This chick looks biracial though:

11. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Facts

12. darkcurry

The problem I have when these type of shows and movies include sjw rhetoric in their storylines is that these people have POWERS. It is a different world, a different view when you are actually powerful.

13. The Dark King

Same thing with Sabrina and Supergirl they spend way too much time pandering to SJWs even though they have all the power in the world. Who can hold you back when you literally have the power to make others do as you say. At that point you're just complaining to complain. And I'm sick of this whole they're more powerful than everyone just because. We know the hero is going to win but this whole I have more power than everyone because I'm special thing is so old. The one thing I loved about the Flash in the beginning is dude was constantly training and trying to get better even though he's as annoyingly self righteous as the girls he works for it and usually faces those who are more powerful than he is.

14. darkcurry

I didn't understand Sabrina's take on the Devil. I only watched 4 episodes but I get that they wanted to show Sabrina in a strong female light, but had her go up against the devil... when she herself is satanic... and dark. So Confusing.

Power isn't determined by race or gender. If you go up against someone more powerful than you you are going to lose end of story.

This reminds me of when black women were feeling themselves after black panther and thought that Okoye could defeat Wonder Woman. Based on her being a black woman. lol.

They had the water the devil down to actually make it seem real. At least on AHS: Apocalypse they stayed true to the fuckin DEVIL's evil powers.

15. The Dark King

She doesn't really go up against the devil as much as she rebels. She really ends up going against other witches more so. But then again I've had it with the under dog story of someone new to a craft beating people who've been doing it for years. It makes no sense.

16. Jigga521

Jigga521 New Member

Pine Gap is an international political thriller which is set around the Australian and American joint defence intelligence facility at Pine Gap,.Australia.

17. ColiBreh1

https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...ired-its-showrunner-over-workplace-misconduct

18. darkcurry

19. ColiBreh1

20. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

The Good Place is back to Eleanor/Chidi