BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I'm one episode in and already recommending it. Looking forward to seeing more, especially after the comments here.

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

If it goes right I'll give them props, but honestly I'm not really interested in this show.

If I want to see witches I'll re-watch AHS: Coven. lol.

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Tjat was actually done very well and I enjoyed the hell out of that one.

4. darkcurry

Jadis & Gabriel on TWD.
    The Walking Dead - Jadis and Gabriel.png

Had to watch the episode earlier today when I seen this pic on twitter. That is a surprise.

5. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Damn! The Walking Dead is an all-you-can-watch IR buffet.

6. Jigga521

Jigga521 New Member

Did they killed the black guy?

7. Legion

Legion New Member

They both die eventually

8. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

As of 2 episodes in, he's only been in flashbacks and photographs.

9. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

Dude is only really in the first part of the fifth episode, and he's killed by a ghost. The family member that he's married to died in the first episode, so everything that deals with her is done through flashbacks. The depiction of their relationship is nice though. Overall, the show is worth watching regardless.

10. The Dark King

Did you finish the whole season?

11. darkcurry

It's positive that another fan favorite show that features a bm/ww couple(without the stereotypes or love triangles.) is piercing it's way into the spotlight like Sorry For Your Loss, The Innocents, Midnight, Texas and Cloak and Dagger.

Also The Haunting Of Hill House just like the rest of those shows is really fucking good. 100% on rotten tomatoes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. The Dark King

Yeah but it was an ancillary pairing and they both die so I'm not that enthusiastic about them. The only thing I will give it is the meet cute was very cool and surprising.

13. darkcurry

Well it wasn't something that seemed to be malicious just a part of the show. Like the other IR couple featuring the other sister married to a latino man I think they did it to just normalize it and to better represent diversity and they did a pretty good job of that. They were a cute couple that was presented in a cute way to audiences and that is big for a hit TV show. Also we have to chill with the spoilers, TDK. lol. Me, myself is 7 episodes in. This is a great scary show that hits it's mark.

14. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

The meeting and depiction of their relationship was quite beautiful. And they didn’t make it some big corny deal either. It was all rather romantic.

15. darkcurry

Yes and those are some of the things we should look for when we see a IR(bm/ww) couple on screen. That and will they treat it in it's depiction like any other couple they feature white men in. One of the main things we know about racism is that of course we are not seen as white men's equal, so therefore we get treated differently.

Example:

Wynonna and Dolls - Nope!

June and Harry - Yes!

lol.

16. darkcurry

CBS' Fam Cast photo
    [​IMG]

17. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Thought this show was canned

18. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Soooo....... Are none y'all gonna mention the actors involved in the pairing "The Haunting Of Hill House"?

19. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Naw, "Fam" is premiering midseason.

20. The Dark King

What do you mean?