The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I think they needed a good lead in for Charmed. Sundays have worked for shows on the CW in the past I think it'll be fine

2. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Charmed. Another show I hope fails miserably.

3. The Dark King

Curious. Why?

4. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing it has something to do with a lack of black men lol. That seems to be a safe guess on this site

5. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I don't know about @JamalSpunky, but I want the "Charmed" reboot series & the upcoming "Roswell" reboot series to fail because I'm disgusted that The CW has ran out of ideas & is now remaking old WB Network shows that I grew up on. I now understand why oldheads complain when movies & TV shows that they grew up on in the 80's get remade.

6. The Dark King

Shouldn't it be? Check out the title of the site.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. JamalSpunky

The original series created a what is now seen as a blatant racist rule that none of the sisters would ever date the black detective who was the co-star for several years. Never forgave the franchise for that. And I'm guessing no such restrictions would be placed on any white male co-stars of this new show now that all the ladies are women of color

I don't like remakes...not even of shows I didn't respect. Its lazy.

Why whenever there is a remake of a show in which the female star or stars were white, the show suddenly use women of color, particularly black women, as the replacement? This is what they did to Charlie's Angels. This is what they plan on doing to the Buffy remake if it goes through. Susan B Anthony once infamously said (and I'm paraphrasing) she didn't do all that work for women's rights just to see the Negro get the rights. I feel where she's coming from. I didn't just support the push for diversity just to see women of color get the benefits with men of color left with crumbs. Fuck. That. Hell, do a remake, keep the women white and THIS TIME allow a black male co-star to hook up with one of the characters and I may tolerate it. Now that would be making up for past sins of the original show.

It's a CW show which means it isn't gonna be that great. Yeah, I'm biased in my views about the overall quality of this network. Sue me.

Woke Twitter started supporting this show as soon a it came under fire from fans and cast members of the original series who objected to the remake. I hate Woke Twitter.

8. The Dark King

In thr original series black dude was married fam. Albiet you never saw him be affectionate with his wife and if I recall they had only two episodes one of which was where she was pregnant.
    With the exception of black sash(good show sad it only got one season and had Ray J as a lead smh) the CW never has main characters like black men which is why I just wait for most of their seasons to end up on Netflix with the exception of the Flash at this point. I'm coming to the realization mainstream tv will never create shows with us in mind which is why I keep most of tv watching on Canadian and UK shows.

9. JamalSpunky

Don't care if they do a live action Miles film down the road. I just want them to stop taking Miles' shit for these Tom Holland movies.

10. ColiBreh1

LOL. "Woke Twitter" & "Woke Tumblr" are usually younger than me, so I'm going to assume they never watched the original series. Which explains why they don't care how the cast from the original series feels.

11. ColiBreh1

Look at my earlier post in this thread, the Buffy reboot isn't really a reboot or remake:

https://whitewomenblackmen.com/forum/threads/the-nerdz-lounge.16114/page-478#post-1093589

12. ColiBreh1

The series premiere of "All American" has a 8.5 (out of 10) score on IMDB. I haven't checked Rotten Tomatoes yet.

Back in May, I compared the show to "Friday Night Lights" the TV show & the CW's 90210 series. I'm halfway through the series premiere & I think I'm gonna add "The O.C." as another to compare it to.

13. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Seen the first episode. It is decent.

14. ColiBreh1

IGN put out a 3-minute non-spoiler review for Netflix's "Chilling Adventures of Sabrina" yesterday:

I didn't realize the actress playing Sabrina is the same actress who played the daughter on "Mad Men".

15. ColiBreh1

TV Guide put out this 1-minute clip yesterday:

16. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

New Daredevil season 3 featurette profiles Kingpin.

[​IMG]

17. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

In this behind-the-scenes piece, the cast of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina discuss the upcoming series, and Sabrina's journey as half-witch, half mortal.

18. ColiBreh1

19. ColiBreh1

20. ColiBreh1

Netflix just cancelled "Luke Cage":

https://deadline.com/2018/10/luke-c...flx-mike-colter-cheo-hodari-coker-1202486487/