The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

The new trailer for the second season of Marvel’s Runaways has arrived. Don't feel bad if you didn't watch a single episode of season 1. Neither did I.

2. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. SilverSmith

The first-look poster puts the "est" in awesomest! ( I'm mindful that isn't an actual word. LOL ) I had no idea there was a rebooted-Hellboy feature in the pipeline.

4. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Neither did I. The poster looks pretty good though.

5. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

The new Hellboy is played by David Harbour, who plays the sheriff on the Netflix show Stranger Things.

6. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

So Amazon has finally greenlit "The Wheel of Time" TV series:

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/1...series-given-the-greenlight-by-amazon-studios

If you've never heard of "The Wheel of Time" book series, just know it's the book series that the "Game of Thrones" book series have always been most often compared to. So with the megasuccess of the GoT TV show, it was inevitable that "The Wheel of Time" book series would eventually also be adapted into a TV show or film franchise.

Here's a little 1-minute clip that IGN did a year ago about the book series after the showrunner & studio was announced for this show:

I hope Amazon make this show a priority over the "Lord of the Rings" show they are working on. I didn't need a LotR TV series, since we already got those Peter Jackson-directed LotR & Hobbit films.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  7. ColiBreh1

8. ColiBreh1

9. ColiBreh1

New trailer dropped today:

10. SilverSmith

Here’s the full synopsis for Mortal Engines:

Thousands of years after civilization was destroyed by a cataclysmic event, humankind has adapted and a new way of living has evolved. Gigantic moving cities now roam the Earth, ruthlessly preying upon smaller traction towns. Tom Natsworthy (Robert Sheehan)—who hails from a Lower Tier of the great traction city of London—finds himself fighting for his own survival after he encounters the dangerous fugitive Hester Shaw (Hera Hilmar). Two opposites, whose paths should never have crossed, forge an unlikely alliance that is destined to change the course of the future.

The adaptation is from the book series by Philip Reeve, published in 2001.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  11. ColiBreh1

Glad, I didn't waste my time to get into this new season of "Lethal Weapon".

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. ColiBreh1

Teaser trailer for season 2 of Marvel's "Runaways" dropped a couple days ago:

13. darkcurry

Finally got around to watching The Gifted. (I missed it last night.) But the 3rd episode looks like shit is about to go down!

14. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I've been a fan of these books since I was a kid. I guess it was part of my Jesus indoctrination lol

15. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I guess the new partner isn't working out lol. Too bad for Stiffler

16. ColiBreh1

17. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I tried the DC Universe but unsubscribed because there was nothing there I either hadn't seen or already bought. I hope I end up convinced to go back once the new stuff hits.

It's especially gonna break my heart if that new Young Justice doesn't live up to the first two seasons.

18. SilverSmith

The first full trailer for the upcoming Season 3 of Daredevil is here. Did somebody say Kingpin?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  19. darkcurry

20. ColiBreh1

Showtime dropped a teaser trailer for Don Cheadle's new show "Black Monday" last week: