Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

This "Ride" movie must be the film starring Bella Throne that @JamalSpunky has been talking about in this thread for over a year.

Interesting that Urban Movie Channel is producing this film.

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

My fault. I just thought it would've been obvious if people watched the trailer that it was between Ashton Sanders & Madeline Brewer. Plus it is only a shot of them spooning in bed together because I thought potential IR couples were okay to post if it seems that way in the trailer.

3. darkcurry

It kind of gives me the feel of that Jamie Foxx, Jada Pinkett-Smith and Tom Cruise movie I think was called Taxi. I liked that movie. If the writing is as good as the concept seems in the trailer, I just might want to see this in theatres.

4. beeehave

beeehave Active Member

The Tom Cruise-Jamie Foxx-Jada Pinkett-Smith film was called Collateral.

5. darkcurry

Thanks I had trouble remembering and I was obviously way off!!! LOL!

But RIDE gives me that feel.

6. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Hope to see that flick soon.

7. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member

The Nutcracker and the 4 Realms has a black young man as the nutcracker, which at the very least is interesting. The nutcracker and ballerina/princess always have some sort of romance or hinted affection so will be interesting to see if Disney goes that route.

8. ColiBreh1

Uhhhhh... What do you mean by "Emmitt Till type of a IR"?

9. darkcurry

This looks actually good. I like how they just snuck it in their in a subtle way that he was The Nutcracker. However he seems to be more of her sidekick by the first trailer anyway than any hint of a romance. But I do know there was a cartoon way back in the day called The Nutcracker Prince that was a love story.

10. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

My illness kept me from coming to the site listing all of the three films discussed on this page. RIDE may not be any good but it passes all the tests, including showing an actual kiss between the black male and white female leads.

Learned couple of months ago about this young black actor who appears in the Nutcracker but didn't realize he had such a big part until I saw this most recent trailer and learned that he has his very own character poster. Don't know if there will be any hint of attraction (I wouldn't bet on it) but I'm sure more African Americans will be wasting their time pissed off that he appears to be British.

11. darkcurry

I hope it is. The Trailer looked pretty good and an interesting concept.

Good to know you're feeling better. Hope your illness wasn't too serious.

12. ColiBreh1

I'm watching "Little Boxes" right now. Melanie Lynskey in this movie definitely doesn't look as good she did on "Two and a Half Men". She definitely put on weight. I'm wondering if she recently had a baby when movie was shot & didn’t lose the baby weight.

13. darkcurry

I don't know about her having a baby, but she is also on Castle Rock and it just looks like she got thicker, fuller.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I think she looks fine still very cute. She looks comfortable... and I didn't know this but fun fact she is from New Zealand.

I always found her voice to be very soothing and calm. I could listen to her all day.

14. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Hope to see that flick soon.

15. ColiBreh1

I just found out that dude who directed/co-wrote "The Wood", "Brown Sugar", "Dope" & co-wrote "Talk to Me", is the same dude who directed & co-wrote "Our Family Wedding". I did not know that. I'm gonna have to make this movie a priority.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  16. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I liked that movie a lot.

17. ColiBreh1

SMH. If you go look up the filmography of any actor on Wikipedia or IMDB, they all have both TV show and film credits. When people think about Kristen Bell, they think about her TV roles. No one thinks about Kristen Bell as an A-List film actress.

18. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All The Bright Places Movie
    October 4, 2018

Elle Fanning and Justice Smith (The Get Down) will star in Netflix's adaptation of All The Bright Places, a bestselling young adult novel by Jennifer Niven.

The story follows two troubled teenagers Violet Markey and Theodore Finch, who meet and change each other’s lives forever. As they struggle with the emotional and physical scars of their past, they come together, discovering that even the smallest places and moments can mean something. The drama takes on the stigmas of mental illness and the beauty and lasting impact of young love.

@seewhatsnext

19. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Anyone here know if the ir was in the novel, as opposed to being a new wrinkle for the adaptation? If it was, color me shocked.

20. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

I thought this was already discussed but I guess I was wrong. No, there wasn't an IR component in the book and thus there were fans who were wildly upset with Justice Smith's casting. Now I myself am a stickler for casting that goes along with the writer''s or illustrator's conception of a character, be it novel or comic book. So I can understand why some of the fans are upset about this. And fans intend to be more upset when the racebending casting affects a male character than a female one because white guys are so territorial and white females are well trained enough to be more forgiving of the elimination of white female characters so long as the precious white male characters remain. It is no surprise then there are a lot more examples of black women benefitting from such racebending casting in which novel or comic book characters are racially changed

That being said I love the fact that Justice is getting such an opportunity to play a romantic lead alongside of one Hollywood's brightest young white starlets. He's a true talent who is deserving of opportunities. Have no desire to see that Pokemon film he has coming out but his leading lady in that mainstream flick is white too. Dude has a white girlfriend in real life and a white mother so he probably don't have any hangups about it nor does he feel the need to make excuses to black women.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List