Coding (C++,C, etc..) and the Various Ways it Can Be Done

Discussion in 'Science, Technology, and Green Energy' started by LA, Jul 6, 2015.

1. LA

LA Well-Known Member

Ok, I know nothing about that.

Yup

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

That's what I love about C. It gave me the overall concepts. I'm doing Java now and I'm not having any issues with it.

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

If you were on the electric side I would recommend you take the logic course, but I know you're on the civil side.

4. LA

LA Well-Known Member

Yessir! In my final year of Civil. Getting ready to take the FE exam soon. Gotta get this job next year.

Are you studying for Electrical Engineering or...?

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Let me know how that exam goes, I'm pulling for you!

Yes I'm getting my degree in Electrical Engineering.

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Wow. I love that stuff.

7. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Maybe I didn't understand the previous question but the if not p then q is something I vaguely remember for hs math

8. The Dark King

FE? Isn't that the first actuarial exam?

9. LA

LA Well-Known Member

Fundamentals of Engineering exam. Some states also call it the EIT (Engineer-In-Training) exam.

10. The Dark King

Good luck fam

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Ok. It's not math and not what that means, but I hear you.

Unlike most of us you didn't go to public hs, so it's not too far fetched that they actually told you something like that exists.

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

You ever write proofs of induction or recursion?

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I am learning it now sir. Very powerful stuff.

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

How was the exam fam?

15. LA

LA Well-Known Member

Funny you should mention that. I am actually studying for that right now. I'm signing up for an exam in Jan 2020. I'm hoping to have it completed some time next year. A lot of my coworkers have completed it and they've been recommending some solid study materials.

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Looking forward to working with C++ next year I think this is the one I'll go for mastery with. Moderate skills with the others should be enough. You always can build the foundation of the code then pay a team of programmers to grind through the details and finish it up for you. Being able to code allows you to better communicate with them because you know what's entailed.

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I initially signed up for thermodynamics as an elective. At first I thought it was a good find. LOL. That would have been a huge mistake. That's the class that breaks mechanical engineering majors.

No thanks. That's something I rather teach myself.

I would have been the only EE in there. They aren't silly enough to take my hardest classes either, can't blame them.

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Yea or Nay?

Moss-growing concrete absorbs CO2, insulates and is also a vertical garden
    https://www.theplaidzebra.com/moss-...IfVS4piryIb2JRbbQBscGWaz-CcSU5wgP6B52-_l8U4No

19. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]