BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Hold up. The dude is Shane Paul McGhie. Thought I recognized him. He's a young up and comer who has a chance to be a huge star if his career isn't stalled like so many other young black actors.

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

3. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

If it's a CBS medical drama, i'm pretty sure it was already posted in this thread.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Another IR couple has flourished on "Sacred Lies" as the Black FBI psychiatrist gets freaky~deaky with Katrina Law - formerly the paramour of "Spartacus" on STARZ.

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I'm sorry Herschel, l didnt see your posts(normally alerts me). Honestly your question is Greek to me, l don't follow or stream that show.
    Glad SS was able to steer you in the right direction.

6. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Canceled by CBS in 2016. Boris Kodjoe appeared in 2 episodes in 2014.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. darkcurry

I totally missed it then. Because that was news to me earlier. lol.

8. ColiBreh1

I just finally watched the trailer for "Sorry for your Loss" & currently watching a Deadline Hollywood interview with the cast at TIFF 2018:

God damn @JamalSpunky, you should've mentioned that Elizabeth Olsen plays the lead character & is the actress involved in a IR. I thought she was only an executive producer on this show.

I didn't bother to watch the trailer a couple weeks ago when you posted it because I've never heard of the black male actor & I assumed it would be a no-name actress playing his love interest + with this being a Facebook show, it just wasn’t a priority for me.

9. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

I thought I made that point known. Maybe I didn't.

10. darkcurry

Never hurts to watch the trailer. Even if you just play the first few seconds like I do sometimes. lol.

11. darkcurry

This being at the TIFF 2018 is a prime example of Elizabeth Olsen using her star power to help promote this. It will help facebook watch out in gaining more interest. Facebook should thank Elizabeth in a big way if this becomes a hit.

12. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Is Elizabeth an A-list celeb?

13. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

I'd say, no. She's a working actor with a great profile, but largely works in ensemble pieces--her doing an IR relationship is a win tho.

14. darkcurry

^^ Elizabeth Olsen has movie star fame status. Not celebrity-wise. Marvel has helped her achieve that status. Wind River(Which is a real good movie I liked.) did pretty well at the Box Office. She is able to promote this show in mainstream media and talk shows.

And that trailer for this show has over 700k views. She hasn't always been that way she WAS that working actor. If anybody else had this role on this show like Ali Larter or Lili Simmons you wouldn't see them able to promote it like she is. See Sacred Lies as an example.

So I would say A-. lol. She must certainly isn't a B-List star. Remember Marvel has helped A LOT of those actors.

15. ColiBreh1

I'm not sure, I guess it's what you define A-list. She's been either the female co-lead or part of the main ensemble cast in multiple blockbuster films the last few years. So this is a big win.

So she's WAY MORE SUCCESSFUL than her older twin sisters ever have been after they turned 18. Compared to them Elizabeth is definitely A-list.

16. ColiBreh1

Don't forget she was main female co-lead or supporting character in the 2014 "Godzilla" film

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  17. darkcurry

I didn't know she was in that.

lol. Would you believe it if I say I never saw that film even though I bought it on DVD last year and it has been just sitting around.

18. ColiBreh1

She did an interview with on "Sway in the Morning" today:

19. darkcurry

20. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

[Here's a cut and paste of my response to this same clip from the Nerdz thread...]

I actually think this couple, Olivia and Lemuel (Arielle Kebbel and Peter Mensah), may be the best ir couple on tv. They're both talented and important to the group, and they have a realistic (considering the nature of the show) relationship that is clearly genuine and strong.

It also doesn't hurt that they're attractive and make out a lot lol