BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

My dude I'm talking about entertainmemt

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Sounds like you are blending it in with the real world too. These are your quotes.

But that is what Im mainly talking about. Show me where it isn't getting better and didn't take a big jump the past year on television alone. Aubrey Joseph, Sterling K. Brown, Omari Hardwick, Donald Glover, Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, Mike Colter, Percelle Ascott are all female favorite black male stars. A couple of black actors have been made the main LOVE interest of white women on multiple occasions such as Common and David Oyelowo. Most "shipped" onscreen couple of the summer has been Tyrone and Tandy on Cloak and Dagger.
    Little Boxes, CandyJar, The Week Of, The Innocents are all Netflix hits.

(I agree with some of what you said in terms of black women's dating options in this country.)

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  3. Tsharp99

Tsharp99 Active Member

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

Oh shit!! I loved that blonde Greek girl on American Odyssey - great show which nbc cancelled too damn soon. Here I was about to go to sleep lol. Plug in the KODI!!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

My dude, I respect your opinions and enjoy your contribution to this site. But could you PLEASE start breaking stuff up into paragraphs? This stuff is getting difficult to read lol.

All in good fun, my man! :D

6. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

My take is that the execs are generally lazy. So when their blind spots lead them to simply cast what THEY want to see, that's what goes.

And of course their preferences are impacted by their environment (ie, America and its effed up racial history).

7. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Representation really really matters.

When positive representations of black men and IRs are put on display, it will inevitably impact culture. Yes, there will be pushback. But ultimately the public will adapt, and we'll all be better off.

This goes for everyone. There need to be better representations of several other groups too (Asian men, Muslims, non-insane Christians, the poor.... I could go on).

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Watched it last night:
    New girl told him to come correct or get lost. Didn't want any part of him if he had a current girl.
    Sooo...Dude ditched his current girl and gave the new girl the rose.

Which had old girl in tears as she left the Resort for good.

Speaking of tears, next week's preview has dude crying buckets (actually sobbing), so not sure if it's over new girl or his dog died.

9. darkcurry

Noted! lol. My fault.

10. darkcurry

And I think we are in the right direction on the right road with that right now. Asian male actor Henry Gold is making big waves. The only thing we really have to worry about is not letting that pushback drive it off road. Cloak and Dagger's fan base is an example of that. They're strong against haters. I love it!

I'm probably too old to join that shipping fan base, but they along with June and Harry of The Innocents are right now my favorite on screen couples.

11. darkcurry

*Henry Golding

lol. Henry Gold is my co-worker. But you guys didn't notice that mistake. lol!!

12. Young Herschel

AYTO Seasons 1-4!!!! I have seen Ugandan immigrants with ebola get more romantic activity than the brothas and sistas from the non-black contestants. They deliberately cast people with no history via Facebook, instagram or Twitter of even casually dating blacks!!

13. darkcurry

Yeah, it is VERY easy especially if she has a social media account to tell whether a female is into black men very much or at all. Just takes a little digging.

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Missed this one. Love button.

15. darkcurry

Noticed when going into my netflix account to add BP to my list that The Innocents is trending number 1 again. That's good news for us who have seen that season finale.
    Netflix top trends - The Innocents.png

I'm currently watching that brazilian comedy SAMANTHA! Should be able to finish up tomorrow.

16. Young Herschel

Hey Bliss, do you know any HD streams for this series? Ive seen the first three online via Facebook but the 480p quality is holding the show back. KODI doesn't have any streams at all despite my Real-debrid subscription

17. Young Herschel

Do you know any HD streams?

18. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

• List
  19. darkcurry

The Duece season 2 premieres tonight. I never really watched the first season only a couple of episodes on late nights. But if anyone knows more than me are these two still a couple?
    [​IMG]

Forgot about American Gods. Season 2 Trailer should be dropping soon.
    https://www.cbr.com/gaiman-teases-american-gods-s2-trailer/
    Gaiman Teases ‘Strange, Sexy, Funny’ Upcoming American Gods S2 Trailer
    [​IMG]

20. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

The second season of Deuce jumps four to five years into the future but CC and Lori are still "together".

• List