Once you go black...

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Madeleine, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

maybe she was provoking the backlash so she has something to write about.

2. Madeleine

What German men call “curvy” is different to what African (I think also African American) men call “curvy”. Curvy at size 36 is good, curvy at size 40/42 is fat. Regardless where that beauty standard came from, they have thoroughly adopted it.

3. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Yup and that's where black men come in :::eyeroll:::

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. RicardoCooper

She seems suprised that "dozens of Facebook pictures with darker men" would turn off white men...DUH

And yes some white guys are intimidated coming in after black guys, it does happen

5. Madeleine

Yeah, she was provoking the reaction she got and then acted surprised when
    it came.

6. redlolly

redlolly Well-Known Member

I don't think German men are representative of Europe as a whole in any way. Taste in women included.
    I also don't understand those sizes lol.
    If German men rely on womens fashion media for their preferences in the opposite sex then I feel sorry for German women of all races. In this country men generally appreciate curves over skinny women, just as they do in America. Spain, Italy, Greece the same, to name but three more.

7. Madeleine

If you want to see the different beauty standards grab yourself a few Nollywood movies and see what the actresses averagely look like. Then grab yourself some selection of European movies and see what the actresses look like. I think that will illustrate my point.

8. sarah23

sarah23 Well-Known Member

Dating a black guy often means that you get interest from other BM when you are single again. That's for sure.
    But I have also got interest from WM as well. So I do not think all WM will ignore you because you have dated non WM.
    And if they do, then that is their personal choice.

9. sarah23

sarah23 Well-Known Member

I have always believed that WW who are open minded and date non white men are open to dating no matter what colour or creed.
    And if you are open minded, you definitely do get attention from other races.

10. K

K Well-Known Member

It's horseshit. It's just excuses that people like to use. Once upon a time that used to come up....many years back. I remember in high school there was a girl who dated a black guy and no one would come near her after that. Down the road she ended up married to a white guy though.

I'm almost 53, I have 4 kids of different hues, and I'm overweight....I still have more white men ask me out.

If, in fact, what this female is saying is true - WTF would she want to bother with those guys anyway?!

Oh and Sarah...that may be your belief, but you aren't correct. There are many of us who have a preference for Black men (in my case American Black men) and aren't really open to dating others. Just as there are those who only date Asian, or Middle Eastern, etc. (and before any of the guys say otherwise - yes there are women who have those preferences too...I know some who do)

11. redlolly

redlolly Well-Known Member

I'm not sure it does.
    Many "Nollywood" movies have European stars, male and female, and vice-versa. They also are marketed and play to a global audience.
    I'm not sure how that illustrates any great difference in mens taste in women.
    I'm not disputing that many beauty standards exist, I just don't think there's any real difference between Europe and America. I think it's a huge over-generalisation. So huge it's pretty much impossible to demonstrate.

12. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

You think any of the Kardashian sisters or Heidi Klum would have any problem bagging the white guy of their choice? Come on

13. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Heidi Klum already done it. She haven't been with another black guy since Seal.

14. bilbo

bilbo Active Member

Brass tacks: white men are insecure as it relates to the question of sexual competition with black men. The name calling and age-old racial tropes about disease and slumming are manifestations of this insecurity.

And it's more than totemic notions of the black penis. It is the entire physicality of black men and this perception of not measuring up. You see it in the ambivalent attitudes some white sports fans have towards black athletes too.

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Did bw even hate on Heidi and Seal? I think they let that one slide. Lol

16. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

^^ They're not attracted to him, kept his career diverse and he came into the game with white women. Pretty much like Lenny Kravitz. Got to go where they don't have voice or at least a big voice. I mentioned this about male sports you see Mahamoud Sanu getting a lot of attention online for his fine ass white girlfriend and praise. Why so little hate from black women? Because he is in a male dominated society in sports where black females don't have a voice or a say so. Black male fan bases are larger and stronger for black male athletes. Even though white males own most of these sports they want to keep their racism as subtle as possible and let the black folks be blunt about it. Smart way to get people to overlook them.

17. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

I think you're right. I've never really heard them talk about Seal the way they do of other BM celebs/pro athletes with WW

18. Mrmike757

Mrmike757 Well-Known Member

Seems like she just needs to switch her environment. I've heard many variations of this.... mostly women tho cuz a brotha put it down and she just preferred that vs anyone else. Not saying that's how it always is, but some have said that to me.

19. RicardoCooper

Sistas weren't checking for Seal and his scarred face. Plus he was British. They're expected to be with white women. It has to be somebody with that American "urban" hip-hop swag

20. RicardoCooper

Lenny married Lisa Bonet, though, who is also biracial. But I see your point. As a rock artist BW do not make or break his career