BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

The premiere is tonight, but in case anyone can't watch it live it will be available on demand and on Hulu. So they set this up nicely.

2. darkcurry

ShadowHunters fans keep trying to hijack MARVEL and CloakandDagger's mentions trashing the show and talking about how they want Shadowhunters back. How old is their fanbase? lol. They are saying they are going to boycott this show and are not watching it, something tells me they weren't watching this show in the first place.

Anyway I will be able to watch it and I'll give my review later tonight.

3. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Y'all see what Issa Rae is gonna do with the upcoming season of "Insecure"?:

https://twitter.com/Complex/status/1004815314608185350
    [​IMG]
    https://www.complex.com/pop-culture...sculinity-will-be-the-theme-insecure-season-3

Peep the highlight from the article:

[​IMG] I'm so glad I didn't waste my time getting into this show. From what I understand, most of the BM who watch "Insecure" only watch it to root for the character Lawrence.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Like I said I'm done. Its predictable bs I don't get anything from. I choose not to support media that openly doesn't support me. For this bullshit I'm better off supporting shows that ignore us at least its not this active hate campaign

5. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Like I said above, any media created by BW will end up pissing you off if you're any kind of heterosexual black man. Keep in mind these are the women we're supposed to "build" with, steady using Jew media to spread their misandry. Get your white or Asian girl and keep it moving

6. The Dark King

Or date outside of the country.

7. darkcurry

Just finished watching the premiere and if you are a MARVEL fan you are going to want to see this. The first hour starts off and gives the feel of a MARVEL film throughout. The second episode felt like your dark MARVEL Netflix show on course with DAREDEVIL, JESSICA JONES AND LUKE CAGE. The music connected so well with the scenes especially in the beginning. The build up with them is done so well showing parallels of their lives throughout both episodes. Great show! Cloak and Dagger is one of the few teen dramas that can connect with older audiences.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. darkcurry

Look do black men especially in America have issues to work out? Of course we do. But the way these kind of black women in the media chooses to go about it is through degradation and bigotry because as she said "toxic male black masculinity as it relates to black women." We have seen where they like to go when it comes to these discussions and a lot of it be exaggerations, false narratives and stereotypes. Consisting very little truth to them. This is one of the reasons why I say black men unfortunately can't cater to to certain parts of Black Entertainment, America and damn near ALL of Black Media. Because as soon as you do you are in a way voluntarily becoming slaves/property to these black women that run these things. They're using their position of power as we see with Issa Rae on her show to get black women to harness control over black men and to get black men to surrender it. This isn't about speaking on toxic masculinity, this is about psychologically demasculating black men. Issa Rae already let us know how she felt about black men in her book.

9. The Dark King

Its becoming more clear the goal is ultimately to be with white men. Like every other group in this country the way to pseudo whiteness is through hating and demonizing black women. I say give them what they want. Leave them completely alone get out of their way so they can find love and happiness elsewhere.

10. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Imagine if Donald Glover said that the next season of Atlanta would deal a lot with black women's emasculation of black men? The reactions from Woke Twitter would be one to behold.

11. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Did Courtney Rose & Valentina Barella from The Mayor ever hookup on the show?

12. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

One can count with their fingers and toes on positive IR of WW/BM.
    That would be a great series of episodes.

13. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I still haven't watched the last 4 episodes that premiered on Hulu/ABC.com/ABC app instead of airing on TV. So I can't speak on it.

14. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

No, and if the show hadn't gotten canceled, I still don't think they would have hooked up. There was zero romantic chemistry between them, they seemed destined to be platonic friends.

15. Tsharp99

Tsharp99 Active Member

But I guarantee you if a black chick had been "the mayor" and she had a white boy as her assistant they would've had them locking lips and being in a relationship after episode 1!!

16. The Dark King

Or vice versa

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

A white guy can NEVER not have a love interest. Period. Apparently its in their contract at birth.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. darkcurry

lol. They set it up that way. So to think about it for black men to even get there has happened more organically and naturally. No set up.

19. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Oh so true.

20. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Uhhh..... does this not sound a little racist site-ish to anyone else??? Maybe without the "Asian girl" part, but I digress.

Why are we so angry here on this board? Seriously fellas, we're sounding thirstier and angrier and more negative all the time. I decry the lack of bmww representation too, but let's not hate on people. What good will it do to simply add to the vitriol? Life is actually pretty good, ya know? Just my opinion.