The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

To be honest The only DC show that I still watch is Flash. All these other shows about backstories and fringe characters are kind of dull. A Batman show without Batman and Superman show without Superman is like eating at a restaurant that only serves side dishes.

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I'm gonna probably watch it over the summer.

These past 2 seasons of "Arrow" (Seasons 5 & 6) have been better than than the past 2 seasons of "The Flash" (Seasons 3 & 4), ESPECIALLY this season. I don't think anybody expected this to happen 2 years ago.

Nobody expected "Arrow" to bounce back from the disappointing season 3 & especially that fire dumpster season 4 and for "The Flash" to dip in quality so quickly. I suspect there was writing room shake-up with how mediocre "The Flash' season 4 was/

3. ColiBreh1

"Timeless" is probably a more expensive show to produce than the other shows on NBC. Did you factor that in?

4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Check it out. There's a twist part way & a BIG twist come the finale. That's all I'll say......

5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I might be able to get into Gotham because we all grew up with the villians and its their back story. I'm not sure what the point is with Krypton. Superman's grandfather? Really?

Lol

I'm gonna check out Flash when I can. The black detective from law and order is a plus imo. Does he stay throughout the series?

Then there is watchman, that should be good.

6. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Unlike the CW & Fox DC shows this is a British produced show with all British cast. It's more sci-fi than superhero show to be honest. You can go in not knowing anything about or even not liking Superman and enjoy it. My take though.

7. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

8. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

No spoilers here, but I highly recommend seeing 'Solo' if you haven't already.

9. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

You called it. Amazon Studios is picking up The Expanse!
    Jeff Bezos made the official announcement himself yesterday at an event in Seattle. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  10. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

yes, Jesse stays on the Flash

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Glad to know thanks. Just started agents of shield. Flash will most likely be next.

12. ColiBreh1

If you get into"Gotham", you're gonna wanna be patient with it. The show starts off slow, but as the series goes on the introduce more Batman villains/characters, themes, storylines, & etc. The tone of "Gotham" is similar to the tone of the 90's live-action "Batman" films, unlike "Arrow" which has a tome similar to the Christoper Nolan "Batman" trilogy films movies.

I used to hate on "Gotham" in the earlier seasons (even though I kept up with the show week-to-week), but I'm loving what I've seen in the first 3 episodes of the current Season 4 & the season 4 trailers/promos.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. ColiBreh1

Looks like @The Dark King was right about the new Han Solo movie going to be a flop. Here's a post I saw yesterday:

EDIT:

It probably doesn't help that "Solo" had to follow up "Black Panther", "Avengers Infinity War" and "Deadpool 2". Including "Solo" being released within a month of "Avengers IW" & Deadpool 2

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  14. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

All that is true, but I also wouldn't discount the backlash from The Last Jedi. A lot of people (myself included) didn't like that movie and have soured on Star Wars as a whole. I think a lot of fans have figured out that the only way their opinions get heard is with their wallets.

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Cool. Appreciate the info on Gotham. It does seem more intriguing the more I think about it. Origin stories have the potential to be really good.

16. darkcurry

I wouldn't consider any movie opening with 80 or more million dollars a flop, plus the final total over the entire holiday weekend is at around $103 million domestically and $168 million worldwide so it still made over $100 million.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...opening/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.ded500b98e50

It's just a victim of the $100+ million dollar expectations that critics seem to be wanting for every blockbuster film. It is still on track to past it's budget and as long as a film succeeds it's budget by a good margin it is a success. Not to mention there isn't another big film coming out these upcoming couple of weekends to contend with so this film is going to do fine in the long run.

17. darkcurry

I also see that these critics are pushing for the new Cloak and Dagger TV show to break records for Freeform. So if it doesn't, but it still has a strong showing of millions of viewers in it's premiere they would probably consider it a failure to meet expectations.

It got the 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/marvel_s_cloak_and_dagger/
    [​IMG]

18. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Your right, flop may be too strong a word at this point. However, when a Star Wars movie opens up 23% below projections they aren't exactly popping Champagne bottles over at Disney. When the 2nd weekend box office comes around we will know if Star Wars really is in trouble.

19. ColiBreh1

This news came out today:

20. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Jamie Foxx Casted For Spawn Lead Role
    05/29

Jamie Foxx is set to star in the latest “Spawn” from Todd McFarlane and Blumhouse Productions, sources confirm to Variety.

McFarlane, who created the original comic, is on board to write and direct the pic. He will also produce with Jason Blum.

The Spawn character first appeared in print in 1992, and gained popularity in the comics community almost instantly. In 1997, New Line adapted the character into a feature film starring Michael Jai White. HBO also took a crack at the antihero in an animated series that lasted for three seasons, each with six episodes, and earned two Emmy Awards.

In the comics, Spawn is a human-turned-Hellspawn who possesses superhuman strength and speed, and near immortality. Spawn also has the ability to teleport, shapeshift, and heal.

https://is.gd/dhDphO

Last edited: May 29, 2018